PDA

View Full Version : No facility of emergency AP with USCIS ?

pkjena
10-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I am one of the July 2 filers. I need to go to India on 1st November. I was hoping that AP will come by that time. But there has been no progress on that. Just spoke to my Attorney. She said that USCIS does not have any facility to issue AP for an emergency.
Then I called USCIS. I was told the same thing. The Customer Service representative said - I should go wherever I need to go. On arrival contact the local US Embassy and tell them that you need AP to travel back. They will "guide you".
On this forum I have read about INFOPASS many times. I was hoping to use that facility if I did not get AP in time. I am trying to find out if anybody actually used INFOPASS to meet a local Immigration Officer and got AP on an emergency basis.
No theoretical guesses please.
Thanks

bah9422
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM
you can expedite your AP by submitting proof of emergency situation like if someone is critically sick back in india.call USCIS and they will give you fax#.you will need to fax doctors letter and copy of AP receipt notice.it takes around 10 days for approval.

franklin
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
This is in the wrong forum, you might get better answers if you post in the EAD and AP forums, not the one about rally logistics

GCaspirations
10-19-2007, 12:38 AM
I am one of the July 2 filers. I need to go to India on 1st November. I was hoping that AP will come by that time. But there has been no progress on that. Just spoke to my Attorney. She said that USCIS does not have any facility to issue AP for an emergency.
Then I called USCIS. I was told the same thing. The Customer Service representative said - I should go wherever I need to go. On arrival contact the local US Embassy and tell them that you need AP to travel back. They will "guide you".
On this forum I have read about INFOPASS many times. I was hoping to use that facility if I did not get AP in time. I am trying to find out if anybody actually used INFOPASS to meet a local Immigration Officer and got AP on an emergency basis.
Thanks

Local US Embassy cannot process or give you advance parole.
". . . Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=970596981298d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

zinchak
10-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Please see this if you have an emergency.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=260914&highlight=guard

Good luck

gulute
10-19-2007, 02:59 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13923

Thanks

ksurjan
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
A friend of mine took infopass (new York) yesterday and got his AP. He had to wait for six hours though. He took a strongly worded letter from his comapny stating that he needed to travel for business reasons.

monkeyman
10-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Q : What if I need advance parole? NEW

We anticipate completing the receipting of the I-131 documents by the end of October 2007. Due to the heavy volume of cases, we are encouraging customers to wait until the end of October before inquiring about their case. If special circumstances exist and advance parole is needed quickly, please make an InfoPass appointment to visit your local USCIS office or call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. When you visit the local district office, be prepared to explain the need for urgent travel, provide the U.S. Postal Service tracking number associated with the original application filed, and the date the application was received at the Service Center where you filed.

gcwait2007
10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I had submitted I-131 document along with I-485 & 765 on 8/1 and received the receipt notices already from TSC.

I had received my EAD card on 10/10 and Biometrics is scheduled on 11/13.

I have booked my travel tickets for treveling to India on 01/04/2008.

What should I do now, to get AP (I-131) approved?

Thanks in advance