PDA

View Full Version : IV announcement: Advocacy Days in Washington DC: 7th & 8th June

pappu
05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Immigration Voice Advocacy Days in Washington DC: 7th & 8th June, Announcement:2010

With the continued success of the high skilled community to create more awareness for Employment Based green card backlogs, Immigration Voice will hold Advocacy Days, Press Conference and Congressional Reception in Washington DC on 7th June & 8th June.
Every member must participate in these Advocacy Days events in DC. Congress will be back from Memorial Day recess in early June and there will be a fresh look at the Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which includes high-skills immigration.

After having favorable consequences from our past effort, it is now time to have a bigger event in the front-yard of Congress in Washington DC, so that the long ignored issue of visa backlogs (retrogression) is addressed. This event will be hugely consequential as it will help our issues get much more coverage in the media and much more attention of Congress because of 2 reasons: It will be a really big crowd and secondly, it will be in Washington DC. Immigration Voice will arrange for meetings, advocacy material, and other logistics necessary for all the events during the Advocacy Days. All you have to do is show up.

Please plan to take two day off on 7th & 8th June to attend these events. If you do not live within the driving distance of DC, then there is ample time for you to book travel by air or by train ahead of time. 7th & 8th June is Monday & Tuesday, and if you book your travel and accommodation ahead of time (and there is plenty of time still) then you can participate with minimal expense.

Immigration Voice wants to do something as consequential as the flower campaign and the San Jose rally but only this time, it will be much bigger and much more consequential aimed at Congressional action on immigration reform to address visa backlogs and broken system of high-skills immigration. We aim to resolve this issue but we cannot do it alone and therefore it is imperative for everyone, and by that we mean EVERY ONE to show up. If you wanted to be a part of the past events but couldn’t, then now is your chance to make your voices heard and fight for a fair system and just process.

Always remember, we are in United States at the invitation of our employers and our employers have filed our green card petitions in order to retain us. It is only fair and only just to ask for a system that achieves that objective without delays and without putting the immigrants in probationary limbo for 6-12 years. And it is your obligation to yourself and your family to stand up for your rights and ask congress to legislate and fix the system so that it works the way it was originally intended to work. Just ask a participant of September-2007 DC rally how proud and how satisfied everyone was after the rally – not just due to impact – but just because they have stood up and spoken up for their issue.

In the two days, we plan on having over 400 meetings with the Administration (for both Admin and Legislative fixes), Office of Senators and Representatives.

As we are beginning to take appointments on your behalf but we need your confirmation before we setup Advocacy day meetings for you. Please fill in the online form (in less than 1 minute) to let us know about your plans. We will need this basic information to setup your meetings with the lawmakers.

---------------------------------------------
Link to fill in the online form: ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy Days - 7th & 8th June, 2010 (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=132)
----------------------------------------------

As one would imagine it is extremely demanding project to setup, coordinate, plan and execute 400 meetings for members coming from all 50 States. It will very much help us if you could please let us know about your plans to attend the Advocacy Days in DC, sooner rather than later.

Please stay tuned for more updates about other updates. In the meantime, please plan to travel with friends and family and let your friends know about this event. If you plan to carpool with local IV members, or book travel or hotel reservation in groups for group discount, please go here : Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. - Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum90-sept-18th-rally-car-pooling-group-reservations-for-air-travel-hotel-etc/)

Please take a look at the videos of some proud IV members who participated in events organized by IV like DC Rally, flower campaign and the San Jose rally.

Link to videos:
YouTube - immigration voice (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=immigration+voice&aq=f)

See you in DC on 7th and 8th June!

Team Immigration Voice

pappu
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Frequently Asked Questions/Notes:

- Arrival and Departure details for the advocacy days:
Sunday June 6th, Training will start from 10:30 am at Hyatt Regency near Capitol Hill. (http://washingtonregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?src=agn_smg_hhc_ppc_google_ss_propertysp ecific_wasrw_hyattregencycapitolhill&k_clickid=5a3402af-3df6-af68-63e2-000060fa8023)
Monday June 7th, meeting with the legislative offices
Tuesday June 8th, Press conference in the morning; meeting with legislative offices and a congressional reception that will run to around 10/11 pm. So please book your flights back home on red eye flights Tuesday night or early morning flights on Wednesday.

- Dress Code: Business Formals for lawmaker meetings and Congressional reception.

- We encourage members to purchase IV merchandise at Immigration Voice : Immigration Voice Merchandise (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/shop.php?design=immivoice/3434374). IV gets a small commission from the sales.

- Deals for hotels and Airline tickets: Immigration Voice : Immigration Voice Merchandise (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/shop.php?design=immivoice/3475985) IV gets a small percentage if you book via the links on this page.

- Please contribute generously for this event. ImmigrationVoice.org - Questions on Contributions? (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44)

- A situation room will be set up walking distance to all lawmaker offices. This would help us coordination of this event. We will be posting the information soon.

===========================
FAQs for Dc advocacy days

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1597944-advocacy-days-frequently-asked-questions.html#post1961366

pappu
05-06-2010, 09:11 AM
2007 DC Rally Blog

Immigration Voice rally in DC - Live updates (http://dcrally.blogspot.com/)

----------

Full Page color ad in Roll Call
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/rollcal3a.pdf

regacct
05-06-2010, 09:57 AM
This is awesome! Very well put pappu...
I couldn't attend the 2007 event, but this time around I will definitely be there. Signed up through the form.

Loved the youtube videos!

redds777
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I have fileld in the form and lookforward to see a lot of skilled guys there . If yo have not yet signed in , please sign in . lets make this drive a success.

Thanks Pappu and IV

willigetgc?
05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
+1
Count me in for volunteer work too. I will help out in any and every way I can.
Thanks IV!

ronhira
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
gr8... i've signed up & will attend for sure on both the days..... i did not attend earlier such events of iv.... i've a question.... i'll fly in.... when will be the meetings.... when should i reach washington..... i've to ask my boss for time off.... so pls let me know....

y've u posted this on donor forum.... others will not know that iv is doing these events.... is there a reason for this.....

vedicman
05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I am in too. Filled out the form and volunteered for logistical support + contribution.

nc14
05-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Anyone from Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis area who wants to plan the trip together. Flights from Dayton to BWI is for $157 roundtrip.

vedicman
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone from Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis area who wants to plan the trip together. Flights from Dayton to BWI is for $157 roundtrip.

Love the spirit of this post. Done some research and giving info, pushing us to do more than say yes - awesome, will start checking out details.

It would also be good, if we can have members posting in what way they can help out for the advocacy days - in this thread (not just in the form) - this way, many of us will be motivated and try out different options!

newuser
05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Count me in. Did attend the 2007 rally.

Any one from Philly area for a car pool?

Edison99
05-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Great effort Pappu!

India_USA
05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Will be joining in this year! Will contact my state chapter leader for further coordination.

Thanks Pappu

gc??
05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Just bought a T-shirt and donated for the event.
Will definitely be there on the lobby days!

narendra_modi
05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
would be more than happy to participate in such an effort. I will be driving upto MD and will be there by train alongwith friends..go IV go..

laborchic
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Is something being arranged on the chapter level as well?

I was there for rally and will also join for this one.

rayoflight
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Pappu,

I missed out last time but I Registered for the event and feeling proud to be part of US HISTORY through IV.

Cheers,
Rayoflight

Caliber
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Is something being arranged on the chapter level as well?

I was there for rally and will also join for this one.

Amit has just now sent an email to most of the members that attended DC meet in 2007. I hope you were part of that email list. Otherwise, send me a PM.

imh1b
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I will try my best to come. I also pledge $151 for this event.

Good Job IV. Happy to know that we are doing something so big.

haifromsk@yahoo.com
05-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Best way to get more immigrants to participate in advocacy efforts by immigrationvoice.org for legal immigration is by communicating to international student organizations of various universities around virginia, maryland, washingtondc,west virginia north and south carolina. Arranging busses for the students is not a bad idea. Students once convinced why they need change in current immigration reforms for employment base legal immigrants will participate in huge numbers to attend the advocacy efforts done by immigrationvoice.org as they have more time in hand

gg123
05-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Hello Pappu,

Fantsatic news. I think we have to unite for this big event - this is the BEST time to get our voice heard. If illegal immigrants are voicing why not We? Most of us are here for atleast close to TEN years and contributed for this economy. PERIOD.

Pappu, I will definetly be there for atleast one day.

Sorry for noting this... To some of our folks -

Forget about EB2 / EB3 - ego... (Sorry to quote this if anybody wants to challenge me on this we can have a separte discussion).

sri1309
05-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Best way to get more immigrants to participate in advocacy efforts by immigrationvoice.org for legal immigration is by communicating to international student organizations of various universities around virginia, maryland, washingtondc,west virginia north and south carolina. Arranging busses for the students is not a bad idea. Students once convinced why they need change in current immigration reforms for employment base legal immigrants will participate in huge numbers to attend the advocacy efforts done by immigrationvoice.org as they have more time in hand

Good idea, I already passed this info to 10 universities with my contacts.

pappu
05-10-2010, 10:42 AM
2007 DC Rally Blog

----------

Full Page color ad in Roll Call
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/rollcal3a.pdf

StarSun
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Sunday June 6th, Training will start from 10:30 am. (Venue will be announced later)
Monday June 7th, Meeting with the legislative offices
Tuesday June 8th, Press conference in the morning; meeting with legislative offices and a congressional reception that will run to around 10/11 pm. So please book your flights back home on red eye flights Tuesday night or early morning flights on Wednesday.

StarSun
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Please continue to fill out the form for the advocacy days and make a difference by taking a positive step by meeting with the legislators.

For members who can only provide support, please mention the kind of support you are willing to commit to on this thread too.

immig4me
05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I filled out the registration form. I would like to donate in addition to participating on the event days. How would I go about doing this? I want the donation to go this specific event. Appreciate a response. Thanks.

regacct
05-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Bringing it up on the home page for more visibility. Time for members to register for the event and pledge their support.

shantanup
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Sunday June 6th, Training will start from 10:30 am. (Venue will be announced later)
Monday June 7th, Meeting with the legislative offices

I have confirmed my travel plan. I will attend all events on Jun 6, 7 and 8. I have already paid for my airfare. I can bear all the local trasportation and incidental expenses. I don't have a place to stay, though. I would appreciate if someone can sponsor a 3 night hotel stay for me in Washington DC.

amitjoey
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
bump

StarSun
05-13-2010, 10:48 AM
IV encourages members from every state to participate in the advocacy days - meeting with the legislators on both the Senate and House side on June 7th and 8th; with the training being on June 6th.

It is also possible for members who are unable to make it to DC on those days to still be a part of the effort. Please pledge your support by donating for air tickets or hotel stay. Few members have offered their miles to be used for air tickets, and many of our VA, DC, MD members have opened up their homes for out of town IV members. We need more offers to cover all the costs.

Some members are also driving from OH, PA, NJ, NY, NC.... If you could also post on this thread, we can get members to carpool and thereby share costs.

Please make your pledges known either to your state chapter leaders or on this thread, and we will be contacting you on your offers.

Lets make this a successful effort on all fronts.

ajay
05-13-2010, 01:16 PM
We stay in Northern Virginia around 25 miles to DC. We will be happy to host any guests who are willing to stay with us during their trip to DC.

StarSun
05-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks to members who are offering miles to buy air tickets for others, and for coming forward with donations to cover costs of travel and hotel. And to our DC/VA/MD members for hosting out of town members.

However, we still need more such offers, so please come forward on this thread.

axp817
05-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I won't be able to make it, but I plan to contribute to help cover airfare or a couple nights' stay for someone else that goes.

kumarc123
05-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Please continue to fill out the form for the advocacy days and make a difference by taking a positive step by meeting with the legislators.

For members who can only provide support, please mention the kind of support you are willing to commit to on this thread too.

I will be there! To contribute my efforts for the big cause.

StarSun
05-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I will be there! To contribute my efforts for the big cause.

Thank you for the offer. Please register for the event through the form available at http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1437978-iv-announcement-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-7th-and-8th-june.html .

KRS
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM
but i will donate some money specifically for this purpose. Let me know when and how to do it.

baba84
05-17-2010, 09:21 AM
looking forward to participate in the event. just registered for the event.

laborchic
05-17-2010, 12:49 PM
see you guys in DC...registered on the website...

eb3retro
05-17-2010, 01:13 PM
am not able to be there these days as I am travelling for work during this time. Also, I have 10k United miles with me, and I would be more than happy to donate it to someone who can travel. But I am not sure if 10k is enough for a round trip. If some one has any inputs on this, I am happy to be of some use at atleast by giving away these miles.

yetanotherguyinline
05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Cannot make it, have to be home baby on the way.

StarSun
05-17-2010, 07:20 PM
The Training on Sunday June 6th will be held at Hyatt Regency near Capitol Hill (http://washingtonregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?src=agn_smg_hhc_ppc_google_ss_propertysp ecific_wasrw_hyattregencycapitolhill&k_clickid=5a3402af-3df6-af68-63e2-000060fa8023)

The closest airport to the capitol is the Reagan National Airport. The other two airport are Baltimore International, MD and Dulles International, VA are options too - if you can get good deals.

Priceline can offer good pricing for hotels.

haifromsk@yahoo.com
05-17-2010, 08:02 PM

eastindia
05-18-2010, 09:51 AM

What will students get out of it? Their Green cards are not stuck? Are you offering them H1B visa that they desperately want? They do not care about Green cards. They only care for scholarship, a job after graduation and H1B sponsorship from the employer. You are offering nothing from this list.

People whose green cards are stuck should come rather than outsourcing to students?

If we cannot help ourselves and stand up for ourselves, nobody else would.

I am trying to take at least a day off from work. I would lose money from my wages if I take day off but I am ready to lose money for the sake of doing something good for myself and family. Others who are sitting on their armchairs should also consider coming to DC if they want their greencards.

nmdial
05-18-2010, 10:15 AM
What will students get out of it? Their Green cards are not stuck? Are you offering them H1B visa that they desperately want? They do not care about Green cards. They only care for scholarship, a job after graduation and H1B sponsorship from the employer. You are offering nothing from this list.

People whose green cards are stuck should come rather than outsourcing to students?

I am trying to take at least a day off from work. I would lose money from my wages if I take day off but I am ready to lose money for the sake of doing something good for myself and family. Others who are sitting on their armchairs should also consider coming to DC if they want their greencards.

True, the students graduating this year or early next year probably won't get anything out of it except for an exercise in PR. However, students who have just started off with their studies here and have 2-3 years before graduation can definitely gain a lot if the CIR is passed. Also, a lot of these student organizations have the contact details of their past members, members who are now working mostly in the US and these organizations can contact those members requesting them to join in this advocacy.

It is really nice of you to be taking at least a day out of your work and losing some money in the process. The fact is that all of us waiting for the GC are losing a lot of money already, especially those who have remained with the same I-140. A lot of us are losing money because the wait for GC has stopped our career growth and we'll continue to lose money/growth opportunities if we don't motivate enough people to join this advocacy. Some of us may not be able to join the advocacy efforts at DC in person due to genuine reasons, but that does not mean we start throwing satires at them.

greyhair
05-19-2010, 12:53 AM
I just signed up to join everyone in Washington on 6th, 7th and 8th June. My family is joining me. I want to find out if a 2 year old child is allowed in these meetings?

Go IV

imh1b
05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I think IV should post ads in all major newspapers. This will be good publicity.

masterpua
05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Guys, let's make sure we Facebook and Twitter this. And anything else you kids are using these days...

India_USA
05-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Signed up for the advocacy days. Let me know how I can be of more help towards the advocacy effort

eastindia
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I copied and pasted the post and sent it to few friends who live in DC and in tri-state area.

spicy_guy
05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
I copied and pasted the post and sent it to few friends who live in DC and in tri-state area.

I think we can post it on the active immigration related forums...
It can be by any active member of such forums.. (Murthy.com, .com, immigrationlist.com, etc)

Leo07
05-21-2010, 02:32 PM
The part I disagree is this:"What will students get out of it? Their Green cards are not stuck? Are you offering them H1B visa that they desperately want? They do not care about Green cards. They only care for scholarship, a job after graduation and H1B sponsorship from the employer. You are offering nothing from this list.

People whose green cards are stuck should come rather than outsourcing to students?"

IMO, we all are in the same path, some ahead of others, but basically belong to the same larger SET. Some of us have faced the problems that students are facing now, and in all likelihood these students will face the same problems that we are facing now. More personally though, I always think, if only I knew more about the GC process back when I was in school( 12 years ago), I'd have been much better now.

If we start digging a well every time we are thirsty it takes forever to get anything done. To give a 4 letter word why students must participate-(not what you think, dirty minds:)) STEM

greyhair
05-24-2010, 10:00 AM
I have reserved the air tickets to do meetings in Washington. I am willing to buy tickets for 1 more person. If anyone needs help in buying tickets please send me a private message. Looking forward to working with everyone.

vsbalaji
05-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Guys,

We need a volunteer from the NY 12th Congressional district to participate in the lobby day in Washington DC. This district covers parts of Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.

Please use The U.S. House of Representatives - Determinig Your Representative (http://www.house.gov/zip/ZIP2Rep.html) to find out your district and also your representative.

This is very important. You can contact the tristate chapter representative or you can PM me here.

Thanks
Bala

gsc999
05-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Hope you all are doing well.

I will join you folks. I was there at San Jose rally, DC rally and advocacy event, will be there this year. Good to see some of the returning folks. Last time California had more than forty members at the DC rally, probably the reflection of the state of economy and urgent need for immigration reform at that time. Time have changed and many people's circumstances have changed but our resolve is unchanged. Last time our advocacy effort impacted the lives of hundred of thousands of people who were able to apply for their EAD. Sweet victory for IV members and hats off to their leadership in this area.

Now, we work to help gather support for a CIR bill. I am excited about this. Lets do this.

Cheers!

g

eastindia
05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I sent an email in my company to all people on H1B. Could everyone else do that.

elaiyam
05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Just I have created a google online campaign. (I am planning to run it for the next 5 days as my contribution)

EB Based Greencard Seekers
Advocacy Days in D.C. on June 7th &
8th. Just show up and support.

ImmigrationVoice.org - Home (http://www.immigrationvoice.org)

(linked to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1534974-funding-drive-iv-needs-your-support-for-advocacy-events-in-dc.html)

I need more crative title / text. Please reply here or PM me with your ideas.

amitjoey
05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks for spreading the word. Appreciate your efforts. Please mention that it is important to arrive on the 6th for training. It is important to fill out the form to let IV Core and admins know you are arriving.
This event is not just "Show up and support" . Because it is not a rally, It is an advocacy event. - IV has been working on who gets assigned what offices to go do presentations.

gsc999
05-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Here is my draft, any other thoughts, suggestions are welcome:

Call to Action for all legal employment based prospective immigrants.
Come and support us during our Advocacy Day event in Washington DC on Monday, June 7th and Tuesday, June 8th. You can show help by donating your time/money/others. Do not let this opportunity pass you by.

elaiyam
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Here is the challenge... we need

Title : (not more than 25 Characters)
Text : (not more than 70 Characters)

Suva
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Myself and my friend are eager to join with guys at DC. We are still not confirmed due to work pressure. Is there anybody to give us a lift from NJ. We are located in central NJ.

What is everyone doing about hotel stay at DC?

Thanks

greyhair
05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Here is an interesting Immigration policy timeline-
Timeline: U.S. immigration policy - Capitol Hill - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34445655/ns/politics-capitol_hill/)

See you in Washington on 6th June.

StarSun
05-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Members from NJ, NY contact laborchic asap. Thanks

Suva
05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
How can we contact him?

Members from NJ, NY contact laborchic asap. Thanks

pappu
05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
We are making good progress in getting appointments. This event will make lot of impact and we should all be a part of it. We will regret if we miss seeing and doing advocacy work in these 2 days. If you have not yet signed up, do sign up today to attend it.

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy Days - 7th & 8th June, 2010 (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=132)

pappu
05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Dear Members,

We have worked hard in the last 4 years and have made some progress along the way Immigration Voice Achievements (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=47) But Most of us are still in the limbo of green card process and waiting in different stages. Some of us may have advanced to the I-485 stage and have a little more career flexibility but the hanging sword of uncertainty still looms over our heads.

Our angst, our insecurity:

Even with EAD and other options, lack of green card is lack of security and lack of certainty. You know it and you feel it every day. In order to find a permanent fix for the uncertainty, angst and insecurity and in order to snap out of the probationary lifestyle and career, we have to finish what we started over 4 years ago -- get the U.S. Congress to act on this problem and solve it once and for all.

Early effort wins:

The first agenda of next Congress will be immigration and we expect an immigration bill to be debated sometime in early 2011. However, it would be a big mistake to wait until that time to do something about that bill. Successful advocacy efforts are the ones that start early and introduce concepts and ideas into the debate before the legislators write their first draft. Once the committee hearings and debates begin, it is harder to get changes or fixes into a bill because it requires an amendment to the bill in a politically charged and heated atmosphere. Groups and organizations that wait until the last minute to influence members of congress often fail to achieve results. In order to succeed in next year's immigration bill, we have to begin talking to members of congress now. Remember, the advocacy efforts we did with lobby day and rally in Sept 2007 influenced congress to include our provisions in bipartisan bills introduced in Aug 2008. Legislative things take time.

How you can help:

You and help in two different ways:

Join the advocacy effort in DC on June 7th and 8th. (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1437978-iv-announcement-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-7th-and-8th-june.html) If you have never done this before, we encourage you to help us with this and join us. Immigration voice will arrange the logistics of setting up meetings and arranging the material for you to take to your Congressmen and Senators. We are expecting about 150 immigration voice members to gather in DC and participate in over 200 meetings with Congressmen and Senators.

Contributing Funds to help finance the effort (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1534974-funding-drive-iv-needs-your-support-for-advocacy-events-in-dc.html). You are most welcome to come to DC and join us but if your job demands are such that you cannot take two days off on June 7th and 8th, then you can still contribute to this effort by contributing financially to Immigration Voice. Many expenses tied to the travel of grassroots members from distant states is being expensed by Immigration Voice. So kindly contribute funds to this effort by clicking on this link. You have an obligation to yourself and your family to plant your career in this country once and for all. EAD and AP, if you have them, are not going to cut it. We are not there yet. And we have to finish together what we started together.

Thank you.

Immigration Voice. (ImmigrationVoice.org - Home (http://www.immigrationvoice.org)).

pappu
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Some memories of 2007 DC rally

StarSun
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Few members have spoken to me about participating in the advocacy days, however, you may have not signed the registration form. Please do so. This will allow us to tie you in with your representative when we confirm our appointments. The form is available on the first post in this thread.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1437978-iv-announcement-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-7th-and-8th-june.html

gc28262
05-27-2010, 07:23 PM
IV admins,

For those who are attending the event, it would be beneficial if someone could provide some tips about moving around DC area/Capitol Hill area for these lobby days. Will there be an IV arranged transportation ?

Appreciate if we could get more details about the planning for these three days.

pappu
05-28-2010, 01:57 PM
IV admins,

For those who are attending the event, it would be beneficial if someone could provide some tips about moving around DC area/Capitol Hill area for these lobby days. Will there be an IV arranged transportation ?

Appreciate if we could get more details about the planning for these three days.

We are going to be posting FAQs soon on IV website. People who have confirmed their participation will also be contacted personally. Please also check with IV co-coordinator (Starsun) if you have specific questions or write to info at immigrationvoice.org

greyhair
05-29-2010, 10:40 AM
It seems that the word got out on these IV events. TechCruch has this article with IV events mentioned on its home page-

Why Policy Makers Should Review the Facts Before Marching to the Drumbeat of the Xenophobes (http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/29/why-policy-makers-should-review-the-facts/)

GREAT going!

pappu
05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
FAQs for Dc advocacy days

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1597944-advocacy-days-frequently-asked-questions.html#post1961366

StarSun
06-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Members registering as Maybe, the time to make the commitment is NOW - so please confirm your participation in the advocacy event. We have 3 and half working days left!!
Thanks

imh1b
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
It seems that the word got out on these IV events. TechCruch has this article with IV events mentioned on its home page-

Why Policy Makers Should Review the Facts Before Marching to the Drumbeat of the Xenophobes (http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/29/why-policy-makers-should-review-the-facts/)

GREAT going!

Good article

pappu
06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
We will also be providing an opportunity for members coming to the event to meet with senior official/s (Name and title withheld on the public forum).

This will be a great avenue for everyone to directly interact with the officials whom people on the forums only know by name or look up for leadership in solving Immigration issues and seek their intervention.