PDA

View Full Version : FP done but I-485 LUD not updated

GCBoy786
10-08-2007, 04:54 PM
We gave for fingerprints 5 days back but our LUD on I-485 is not yet updated. Is this common?

I-485 receipts from NSC.

Most of my friends LUD is updated within 2 days of giving finger prints.

Please post your experiences.

vnsriv
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
We gave for fingerprints 5 days back but our LUD on I-485 is not yet updated. Is this common?

I-485 receipts from NSC.

Be patient. That's OK. One more thing, do you have a login on USCIS site and a portofolio of your cases. If you login and see your portofilio, you may see a LUD on I-485. But when you expand the message, there won't be any update.

GCBoy786
10-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes. I have a login and have added my 485 receipt number. I don't see the updated LUD date.

praveenat11
10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Are the dates current for I-485 filing?

GCBoy786
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
What do u mean by that? I'm a July 2nd filer.

praveenat11
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
are the dates current for EB1 category to file I-485?

irock
10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
We are also in the same boat. My wife and me finished FP on 10/2. Its already been 9days. No LUD on my case or my wife's case.
Do I need to worry or This is quite normal?

flipflop
10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
We are also in the same boat. My wife and me finished FP on 10/2. Its already been 9days. No LUD on my case or my wife's case.
Do I need to worry or This is quite normal?

What if USCIS didnt have this nonsense LUD field in their online status, won't you have lived in peace?

HV000
10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
What if USCIS didnt have this nonsense LUD field in their online status, won't you have lived in peace?

TRUE! My LUD is also not updated after FP so do not know when they update the LUD. One thing you could do is to contact FBI verifying the status.

Also, FP is valid only for 15 months so there is a good chance for a 2nd FP based on current backlog.

gcwait2007
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Our paralegal had advised as follows-

ONLINE CASE STATUS SYSTEM DELAYS

USCIS is experiencing delays of several weeks in entering new information to the online case status system on their public website. Even though a receipt may have been issued in a case, the online system may not accurately reflect the current status of a July Visa Bulletin adjustment case or a related application. The USCIS is reportedly working on the problem, but has not indicated when the information delays will be resolved.

sands_14
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
my wife's ssn is tuck because of no online update of her h1 approval.It still shows Pending & received 4months after approval letter received.
What can i do to expedite the process??
Please advise

horus
10-25-2007, 11:17 AM
The online status of your H1 petition is irrelevant when you obtain a SSN card. If the SS people are making it a problem, what they are doing is ILLEGAL. They probably lack essential training for a SS employee. They should accept the notice you show them as proof of approval. If they do not, they are supposed to accept your application for a SS card pending further verification, where they manually contact USCIS and verify your approval (through electronic SAVE, or traditional SAVE forms).

If they refuse, demand to ask for a supervisor, and explain that online statuses sometimes never get updated because USCIS is not required to do so.

bowbow
10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
My FP was done on 10/17 but no LUD.how often they update status online?

I-485 receipts from NSC.

jsb
10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
The online status of your H1 petition is irrelevant when you obtain a SSN card. If the SS people are making it a problem, what they are doing is ILLEGAL. They probably lack essential training for a SS employee. They should accept the notice you show them as proof of approval. If they do not, they are supposed to accept your application for a SS card pending further verification, where they manually contact USCIS and verify your approval (through electronic SAVE, or traditional SAVE forms).

If they refuse, demand to ask for a supervisor, and explain that online statuses sometimes never get updated because USCIS is not required to do so.

That is not true any more. They just accept your application pending verification. SS people are required to check in the system rather than relying your paper document. In Jan. 2003, there was a backlog for H1 data entries, and I had to wait for 3 months to get my SSN. They are not going to give you an SSN unless they can verify your case in the system they access.

nogcyet
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
My FP was done on 09/21 and there is no LUD neither on my I-140 nor I-485 which is pending. Concurrently filed both I-140 and I-485 on July 2nd.