PDA

View Full Version : FP before shcedule or without notice?

kevinkris
10-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi All,

We got our receipts last friday. I heard that we can goto FP before shcedule and even without notice itself. Is it right? If yes, can you give me instructions how to do that.

I am planning for vacation so i just want to get the FP done so that i will not have any issues.

Thanks,
Kris

r1977maharjan
10-08-2007, 09:10 AM
hI

We are on the same situation. My husband need to go out of country. We do have valid H1. What will happen if we receive notice when he is out of country?? Can we go to US embassy for FP??? please send us some reply.

Oct007
10-08-2007, 10:44 AM
kevinkris,
If you have the FP notice you can try getting FP done before schedule. I think the ASC staff are lenient on weekdays when there is not too much traffic.

I have atleast one post that said a IV member got it done before the scheduled date.

r1977maharjan,
I don't thing you can get FP done at embassy. Some senior members can shed more light on this.

But you can postpone your FP or try to get it done before schedule.

werc
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi All,

We got our receipts last friday. I heard that we can goto FP before shcedule and even without notice itself. Is it right? If yes, can you give me instructions how to do that.

I am planning for vacation so i just want to get the FP done so that i will not have any issues.

Thanks,
Kris

I had my FP done before schedule. My wife and I had different days and I went along with my wife to her appointment and asked them if they could do mine too. They more than willingly did so. They was only 1 person ahead of us. If there is no rush they will definitely oblige.

This was for our I485 . After we went there we asked them if they could take our FP for EAD`s too. The tech went inside and got our I765 receipt numbers and too our FP for EAD too. He stamped our FP notice twice to indicate that we got our FP for both 485 and 765.

So getting FP before schedule or even with no notice should be okie. It all depends on the staff.

The only hitch I see is that without a notice, I am not sure where they can stamp it to say that they took your FP. I am guessing that the stamped FP notice would serve as the proof that you went for your FP. Maybe you could take your a copy of your receipt notices and get it stamped to indicate that you went for FP. The whole process seems very flexible and interactive. Please post back your experience so that it would benefit others.

gc_bulgaria
10-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi All,

Thanks,
Kris

We got ours done 23 days in advance but I dont think they'll do it if you dont have the notice.

amitpan007
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
We did FP 10 days before scheduled date. The person at ASC (dallas) was little adamant on doing it before but we were expecting a baby right around the FP scheduled date and after talking to supervisor they let us in. Without a notice would not be possible mainly because they scan the barcode on the FP notice to electronically send information to USCIS and relevant authorities and also they stamp it with the date which acts as a proff that FP was taken on that day.

psk79
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
You can do it before your appointment but you will need your notice. In my case, I missed my appointment and took the notice and went there a week after, the guy wanted the notice. However, if you don't have a notice but you know you were scheduled for a certain day, talk to the supervisor and he can print out the notice based on your appointment time and src number.