PDA

View Full Version : Finger prints messed up! Suggestion : Moisturize your hands.

eb3_nepa
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
I received ANOTHER finger printing notice just for me saying "The FBI was unable process your finger print card. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your prints retaken."

Is there a way I can ensure that this time it gets done correctly? Bunch of idiots we have working at the USCIS local offices!! I gave my first set of prints on Sep 25th and already there is a problem!

Has anyone been in the same boat before?

eb3_nepa
10-05-2007, 04:32 PM
anyone in the same boat?

485Question
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
It happened in India to my friends wife, when she was trying to get her H4 visa stamped. Her fingers does not have any traces of line marks, just plain. She has to see the doctor to fix it. Also she has to visit the Consulate for 3 times, because of that problem.

Not sure, is it the same problem with you?

Omega30
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I understand your frustration.. pls use proper words..

loudobbs
10-05-2007, 05:25 PM
So what's so improper about the words?? :rolleyes:

485Mbe4001
10-05-2007, 05:30 PM
this is strange, whenever we give the fingerprints the prints are QA'ed and the system assigns points the prints. the total points have to exceed a certain number before being accepted. Plus they also clean your fingers before taking a print...
i dont think its a big deal, just give your prints again and follow up with an info pass appointment after a week or so.

I received ANOTHER finger printing notice just for me saying "The FBI was unable process your finger print card. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your prints retaken."

Is there a way I can ensure that this time it gets done correctly? Bunch of idiots we have working at the USCIS local offices!! I gave my first set of prints on Sep 25th and already there is a problem!

smisachu
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I heard from another guy who had come to get FP on the day I went, that they had recalled him because his hands were too dry and they had to redo.

Well at least feel happy that they figured this out so fast and did not let your file sit and gather dust...:)

insbaby
10-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Understand your frustration. But you must have seen what they have done during your first fingerprinting. They do their job to the maximum level. It could have been anything, missing files etc.

If your GC which is going to be issued tomorrow is postponed because of this, then it is an issue. I am sure, it is not the case since you went for finger printing only 3 weeks back, so do what they asked you to do until you get your card. If your PD is somewhere around 2005 or 2006, expect another 6 to 7 more fingerprinting notices before you get your card.

Madhuri
10-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I am in the same boat. Somehow my fingers are dry. Don't worry, I hope we should be fine second time.
I am not new to this...same thing happened to me when I did fingerprints for canadian immigration as well. For canadian immi. I had to do it 3 times and since it wasn't electronic machine it tool 4-6 weeks each time just to get the results that FPs are not readable. At least that way this is better I think, we know the results in the second week.
anyone in the same boat?

Suva
10-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I support you.

gc_check
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM

Have heard this before, A friend of mine, had to take FP atleast 3 times, before she got her card, Reason her hands were too soft/plain and the finger prints were not captured correctly for analysis.

FinalGC
10-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Guys:

Those who have dry hands...I suggest putting vaseline the day before and on the day of FP....This is not a joke. But my friends mom has terrible hands and I had taken her the first time, but she has been called the 3rd time for FP. Also I have worked in Labs where FP is analyzed, they suggest if the hand is moist, it is easy to take prints. So please do not blame the Service Center people please be humble and accept their services gracefully and if needed put some vaseline on your fingers and do FP again.

eb3_nepa
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
What they need is some vaseline applied to their brains!! They need better equipment to capture the prints, is what they need. Finger printing has come a LONG LONG way. These days the FBI can identify based on a partial print. Here I give them all 10 prints individually and they cant identify them?

The people at the Philadelphia local FP office have NO clue what they are doing! Then again they work for the Government they do not need to know what they are doing! Cant wait to get my GC and join one of those jobs!!:p

logiclife
10-05-2007, 07:18 PM
What they need is some vaseline applied to their brains!! They need better equipment to capture the prints, is what they need. Finger printing has come a LONG LONG way. These days the FBI can identify based on a partial print. Here I give them all 10 prints individually and they cant identify them?

The people at the Philadelphia local FP office have NO clue what they are doing! Then again they work for the Government they do not need to know what they are doing! Cant wait to get my GC and join one of those jobs!!:p

There is no need for equipment. No need for vaseline.

All you need is a $2 water spray (like the one they have in Barber's shop to spray on hair before a haircut). That is exactly what the local ASC had here in Reno. Even without checking whether my hands are dry or not he sprayed water on both my hands and took clean fingerprints.

Kudos to the local USCIS officer in Reno for bringing about the simplest cheapest and even healthiest (its water after all) solution to a problem that is not very unusual.

Point is, you dont need a hi-tech new invention to solve every single little problem in life. Ever heard about the Astranaut pen ? If not, read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen

There exists a common urban legend claiming that because a standard ballpoint pen would not work in zero gravity, NASA spent millions of dollars developing the zero-g capable Space Pen, with the humorous note that the Russian space agency opted to simply use pencils. In fact, NASA programs have used pencils (for example a 1965 order of mechanical pencils) but because of the danger that a broken-off pencil tip poses in zero gravity and the high flammability of both the graphite and wood present in pencils. a better solution was needed.

On top of all that, it turns out that a standard ballpoint pen will work in space after all.

NASA never approached Paul Fisher to develop a pen, nor did Fisher receive any government funding for the pen's development. Fisher invented it independently, and then asked NASA to try it. After the introduction of the AG7 Space Pen, both the American and Soviet (later Russian) space agencies adopted it. Previously both the Russian and American astronauts used grease pencils and plastic slates.[citation needed]

vin
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
So what's so improper about the words??

Do you want some USCIS guy reading your words to take his frustration on my application?:) Be careful with your words dude!

eb3_nepa
10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Logiclife the guy watered and wiped my finger about 15 times (no exaggeration). He tried all sorts of permutations and combinations, but he did not know how to place the fingers and how much pressure to apply. Trust me fingerprinting should not be SUCH a major task.

Will simple washing of hands right b4 the fingerprinting work just as well?

There is no need for equipment. No need for vaseline.

All you need is a $2 water spray (like the one they have in Barber's shop to spray on hair before a haircut). That is exactly what the local ASC had here in Reno. Even without checking whether my hands are dry or not he sprayed water on both my hands and took clean fingerprints.

Kudos to the local USCIS officer in Reno for bringing about the simplest cheapest and even healthiest (its water after all) solution to a problem that is not very unusual.

Point is, you dont need a hi-tech new invention to solve every single little problem in life. Ever heard about the Astranaut pen ? If not, read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen

sheela
10-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Logiclife the guy watered and wiped my finger about 15 times (no exaggeration). He tried all sorts of permutations and combinations, but he did not know how to place the fingers and how much pressure to apply. Trust me fingerprinting should not be SUCH a major task.

Eb3_Nepa:
My understanding is unless the fp are of 'acceptable quality' the computer software won't okay it and it needs to be repeated (in the same very sitting)to make sure there are no smudges/halos/lakes n pools (the girl doing for me repeated each finger occasionally) Soft ware makes them do it.

I think they just missed saving your FP file in their records to analyze it.

Good luck next time.

logiclife
10-05-2007, 08:27 PM

Ok, if he had to do it 15 times, then I think it must be a training issue. Even one finger done improperly is enough for FBI to reject it and ask for new prints.

Just go and get it done and pray that its someone new who does it at that location.

shortchanged
10-05-2007, 09:21 PM
In California they advice applying CORN HUSKER OIL on the fingers for a few days which really makes the skin soft and the ridges and curls of finger impressions stand out. I had finger printing done twice and both times it came handy.When I went for the finger printing I found a bottle of corn husker oil with them as well!
It is cheap and cost about 5-6 dollors only.

Madhuri
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
In California they advice applying CORN HUSKER OIL on the fingers for a few days which really makes the skin soft and the ridges and curls of finger impressions stand out. I had finger printing done twice and both times it came handy.When I went for the finger printing I found a bottle of corn husker oil with them as well!
It is cheap and cost about 5-6 dollors only.

Should try this oil. Thanks for the information.

satishku_2000
10-06-2007, 01:03 AM

How long it took for USCIS to get back to you to inform about the mess. When did you do your FP?

Madhuri
10-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I did my FP on Sept 18th and got the second notice around 27 Sept.
It was quick.
How long it took for USCIS to get back to you to inform about the mess. When did you do your FP?

eb3_nepa
10-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Not too bad actually. The first FP was on Sep 25th and I got the second notice on Oct 5th

agadre
10-09-2007, 08:06 AM
anyone in the same boat?

I am in the same boat. First set taken on 25th Sept. Recently got a notice for re-apperaring on 15th.
Any tips on how to do well this time..:D

StuckInTheMuck
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I am going to ask my friend in chemistry to get his students visit this thread. They may pick up interesting ideas for a graduation project. What next? Maybe a molecular-level analysis of the corn husker oil, or visit a forensic expert who can lift fingerprints off a decomp :) From now on I am going to rub Vaseline on my both palms till the skin feels like Land O' Lakes butter.

(For the curious, I am July 2 filer, got all receipts+EAD+AP, no FP notice so far, but not losing sleep over it just yet.)

vkkkk
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM

shouting at USCIS is not a solution for your problem. Everybody will do mistake.
Try to get out from problem, Please try to use your inteligent brain to solve the problem.

ysramu
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Same for my wife again on Dec 12th. We don't know the reason but this time will make sure hands are moist.