PDA

View Full Version : FP at a different ASC from the one on the notice

maverick_joe
10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Is it possible to go to a different ASC for FP than from what you get on the notice?I have Newark,NJ on my notice but since I stay in VA could I go to Alexandria,VA for the FP? Has anyone done so?

ttdam
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
There was a post for this question and couple of people attended FP at a different location
I dont see that post now

maverick_joe
10-04-2007, 11:25 PM
any idea folks?

jainnitin
10-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Yes. I moved to CA while my FP notice came to my old state in IL. I showed up at the local ASC with my missed appointment letter and they happily took my FP.

SBH
10-07-2007, 05:25 AM
I have done it last week. No big deal..

jugunu64
10-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Well it's good to know that this is possible.

Could the folks who have successfully done it please elaborate on the procedure to get it done.

I received the FP notice yesterday for me and my wife and am scheduled to attend the appointment on OCT 10 at 8:00 AM. I live in Indianapolis and there is a ASC right here but the FP notice assigned me to Hammond, IN ASC which is 180 miles away.

rajev_kk
10-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Hello,

Have got my FP Notices. But,they have come to my Old Address. Could you please let me know if I could go to the local ASC Center and if there is any procedure that I have to follow?

Thanks.

Oct007
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
If you have an FP notice you can visit any ASC.I have confirmed with the USCIS Customer rep Make sure you check that your local ASC is open on your date and time of appointment.

I have read other posts where people got FP done on an earlier date than the appointment. If the ASC is close enough you can try that too.

sameet
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
My company in in NJ, but I heard from my lawyer that a few people from my company stationed in CA and other places have gotten their FPs done locally. He suggested that you go there a couple of days before the appointment date. In that case you can still make the original appt if they do refuse to do it.