PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Visa denied for my Parents

vine93
04-30-2010, 06:32 PM
My parents went to Delhi Embassy and IO denied the request saying I do not have valid visa stamp on my Passport. I applied for 485 and working on EAD have advance Parol too. All copy were attached with application. He spent 20 min on my documents and couldn't find why valid visa stamp is not there on my passport. Parents were not aware of what 485 and Parol is .

I know I would need to take an appointment again and make a seperate letter for this. some dumb IO sitting there it seems.

Any other option for me ?

Thanks

deba
04-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't expect all IOs to know every immigration rule in the book. Follow the path of least resistance any time you have a situation like this. In the IO's mind, all the paperwork/parole/other docs etc. are simply additional information to process rather than being a straightforward case . A simple reasoning could be: why are you not getting a visa when apparently you are eligible to get one (as per your docs). Could that be a reason for suspicion? Are you just trying to validate your legal status inside the US with additional paperwork so that you don't have to get a visa? Compare that situation with someone who has a valid visa stamped on the passport. I am not saying that this is the case, but always think about how to present a strong case for the application without additional complexities. My parents were denied visas when I was in the same status without a valid visa stamp on my passport. I was in legal status, but still they were denied visas a second time. However, after I received my green card and sent a copy to present evidence of status, it was a cakewalk. Hope this helps and good luck to your parents.

Dhundhun
04-30-2010, 09:29 PM
My parents went to Delhi Embassy and IO denied the request saying I do not have valid visa stamp on my Passport. I applied for 485 and working on EAD have advance Parol too. All copy were attached with application. He spent 20 min on my documents and couldn't find why valid visa stamp is not there on my passport. Parents were not aware of what 485 and Parol is .

I know I would need to take an appointment again and make a seperate letter for this. some dumb IO sitting there it seems.

Any other option for me ?

Thanks

What all documents you sent? Did it include these
- EAD
- Salary Slip
- Form I-134
- Bank statements, etc

sri1309
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
What all documents you sent? Did it include these
- EAD
- Salary Slip
- Form I-134
- Bank statements, etc

Sorry to hear that, as it happened once with my parents also 1st time, for no apparent reason, but they got it 2nd time, with no changes.

As Dhundun suggests, I think Salary slips, if possible for last 6-12 months may be good documentation. And all the EAD notices, cards, I-140s, and 485 receipt notice.. Good to have, why not, in any case.

I am not sure if one can get a H1 stamp when one is using EAD and AP to travel. I think AP is considered as Visa. Somebody, please shed light on this. What does the passport show which reflects the EAD+AP., or is it only the papers now, with a valid passport?

Dhundhun
04-30-2010, 10:38 PM
I am not sure if one can get a H1 stamp when one is using EAD and AP to travel. I think AP is considered as Visa. Somebody, please shed light on this. What does the passport show which reflects the EAD+AP., or is it only the papers now, with a valid passport?

Passport has no indication for EAD, AP or GC.

Also AP is not a Visa. It is a document to allow entry in US. US Visa on passport can have some privilege in Europe, people on AP don't get that privilege and need transit Visas.

sudiptasarkar
05-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi,
Have you entered US using Advanced Parole, i.e. do you have a parole stamp on your passport.
Thanks
Sudipta

vine93
05-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Deba...your reply perfectly make sense. Thanks for that.

I did submitt all documents probably more that what was mentioned on website. yes I did use parol 2 yrs back.
Old and new passport copy
Affidavit of Support, Form I-134.
Letter of employment.
Letter from my Bank.
Copy of my Adjustment of Status (Form I-485).
recent Pay stub.
Copy of my EAD ( I-765 ). ( old and new )
Recent income tax returns and W4 copy.
Advance Parol ( old and new )

Will try to present strong and educate Parents about 485 this time. Thanks.