PDA

View Full Version : First name misspelled on fp notice

aup
09-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Folks,

My wife's first name has been misspelled on the Finger Printing notice as well as the I-485. My lawyer has advised me to reschedule the FP so as we can ask USCIS for the correction.

I was wondering if any of you guys ran into the same issue and went for the finger printing anyways.

If yes, please share your experience.

Thanks,
Aup

thescadaman
09-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Folks,

My wife's first name has been misspelled on the Finger Printing notice as well as the I-485. My lawyer has advised me to reschedule the FP so as we can ask USCIS for the correction.

I was wondering if any of you guys ran into the same issue and went for the finger printing anyways.

If yes, please share your experience.

Thanks,
Aup

Same situation. I had a mispelled last name on my I-485 and fp notice. I called the USCIS number mentioned in the Notice. It clearly says, if you find any error then call us at .... number. You need to call them and tell them about the Typo. They will then give you a tracking number for the typo correction request. The USCIS support said that I can carry that typo correction request tracking number and my mispelled fp notice and photo id and everything should be fine. You can confirm that too by callling USCIS. I don't think you need to reschedule fp appointments.

Please post what did USCIS tell you when you call them to fix your typo.

cool_desi_gc
09-28-2007, 08:18 PM
My name(s) were mispeld as well...My lawyer talked to USCIS and sorted it out.

vaishnavilakshmi
09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi,

Call in the following sequence for typo rectification on any of ur notices.

1-800-375-5283
Press 1 (for english)
Press 2(to skip introduction and go to main menu)
Press2(For case status)
Press 5(if there is any typo in any of the notices/reciepts)

Hope this helps u,
Vaishu

thescadaman
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
A little over a months time, I received a letter saying that the typo on my last name has been corrected. I could confirm that since the mailing address had all the correct details.

Hence, I guess, their typo correction system is a bit slow but it works!

ISSUE RESOLVED!

GCNaseeb
11-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Initially my last name was misspelled on my I-485, I-131 and I-765 Receipt Notices. My Attorney sent a letter to USCIS informing the typo to correct it. USCIS sent me the letter saying that the typo error has been attached to my case. When I called USCIS for my FP Notice last week, I mentioned the IO that my Last Name is mis-spelled. But the IO instead of correcting it just on my case , he changed on all other 3 derivative cases with the same mispelled Last Name. Our FP is scheduled next friday. Now we have all our FP Notices with misspelled Last Name. I am going to call USCIS tomorrow. Also I read in other thread that, you don't need any tracking number for your FP. Here's the thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13522

GKBest
11-04-2007, 01:25 PM
A little over a months time, I received a letter saying that the typo on my last name has been corrected. I could confirm that since the mailing address had all the correct details.

Hence, I guess, their typo correction system is a bit slow but it works!

ISSUE RESOLVED!

When did you or lawyer notify USCIS about the typo error? My lawyer also gave me a confirmation receipt # to correct the error but I still haven't received any letter saying that it has been corrected.

GCNaseeb
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I called NSC today. This time a lady answered my call. She did not help at all. I told her that I have received all four FP notices with misspelled Last Name. She was asking where these noices came from; I said NSC. She looked up the case and said I have already opened an SR for typo and she can not open another one. All she said is I should go to ASC for biometrics and inform there to correct it. I am not very sure, if correcting the typo at local ASC office is all its needed. I will update you guys once I go there on Friday.

GCNaseeb
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I scheduled an infopass appointment for tomorrow to discuss misspelled name on my EAD and AP. Several of my friends are saying that since these documents carry A #, and picture, in addition to name, I should be fine if I ever need to use them. But I just wanted to play safe, hence took this appointment. Will let you know guys, the outcome of my visit.

cool_desi_gc
11-14-2007, 11:14 PM
My Last name was mispelt on the 485/131/765 notices.I called USCIS and the took a note of the correct names and told that they will correct them when the officer gets my file.The names were mispelt on the EAD card as well.I was asked by the USCIS to return the card and send another application along with the card asking for the correction.

GCNaseeb
11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I just wanted to check up with local USCIS office, if they have any other options besides re-applying. When we informed USCIS they sent us the letter that the typo was attached to my case. But EAD and AP were already ordered. I am going to carry the USCIS letter and my original EAD and AP. I will have some definite direction what to do next - whether to return it or start using it.

I won't be working beyond january with the same employer. Hence I don't want to give away my EAD at this time. USCIS may take another 6 months to adjudicate if I re-apply; and I don't want to bank completely on my H1-B at this time, hence infopass. I am going to ask the officer that, if I can still use the EAD without re-applying, since typo correction is already attached to my case, anyway.

My Last name was mispelt on the 485/131/765 notices.I called USCIS and the took a note of the correct names and told that they will correct them when the officer gets my file.The names were mispelt on the EAD card as well.I was asked by the USCIS to return the card and send another application along with the card asking for the correction.

cool_desi_gc
11-15-2007, 08:32 AM
My name was misspelt on my FP notice as well.when i went for FP couple of weeks back, they could not make the change there.I told them about the name misspelt, they informed that I have to call the 1-800 number and get it changed.

GCNaseeb
11-15-2007, 09:52 AM
When we went for our Biometrics, all our FP Notices were misspelled. We informed the bio technician and she corrected on their system there itself.
After the FP, I see there is an LUD also. I am hoping today's infopass meeting would be fruitful. Let's hope they just certifiy my EAD and AP there itself. :)

My name was misspelt on my FP notice as well.when i went for FP couple of weeks back, they could not make the change there.I told them about the name misspelt, they informed that I have to call the 1-800 number and get it changed.

aish_m04
11-21-2007, 01:46 AM
I am in the same situation as yours. Any update after the infopass appointment.