PDA

View Full Version : Is Newark NJ ASC too busy for fingerprinting appointments?

apahilaj
09-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Hello Guys,

Does any one here has Newark NJ as their ASC? Reason is my notice date is august 27th from TSC and I haven't received my FP notice yet. My wife has the similar issue as well. I've called USCIS atleast twice but they are not ready to open service request and are saying that the ASC must be busy.

I wanted to find out if any one of you here has notice date after august 27th and have already got FP notice from Newark (NJ) ASC.

Thanks.

singhsa3
09-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I had my FP done yesterday (Sep 27). My notice date is Aug 28th on 485 and I received FP notice in the first week of september.
I think you should call them immediately as you should have not only gotten you FP notice by now but also got your FP done.
Hello Guys,

Does any one here has Newark NJ as their ASC? Reason is my notice date is august 27th from TSC and I haven't received my FP notice yet. My wife has the similar issue as well. I've called USCIS atleast twice but they are not ready to open service request and are saying that the ASC must be busy.

I wanted to find out if any one of you here has notice date after august 27th and have already got FP notice from Newark (NJ) ASC.

Thanks.

kanaihya
09-28-2007, 04:05 PM
please don't reply those guys with in-appropriate subject lines ...
that is very irritating...S**t t*e F**k o*f...

thanks

Hello Guys,

Thanks.

apahilaj
09-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Singhsa,

Thanks for your reply.

I've already called them up twice and they keep on giving me the same reason saying ASC must be busy with other appointments.

Is there any other way to escalate this? Thanks.

immihelp1
09-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Singhsa,

I am having FP appointmenet at Newark NJ ASC on Oct 2nd.

Can you please share your experience?

Thanks,

apahilaj
09-28-2007, 06:04 PM
graj012, thanks for your input. You phrased it nicely.

Actually, I was trying to avoid kanhaiya's comments....as we say in our country, barking does does not affect the walking elephant.

Being a professional, I think everyone realizes here how to talk and what to talk. So guys lets not try to ignite sparks against each other...we are all here in this forum for a common cause.

Good luck!

immihelp1
09-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Any one can share their experience about FP at newark ASC?

Thanks in advance

singhsa3
09-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Our appointment was at 9:00 Am but due to NJ traffic we reached at 10:00 AM. We both were worried that we may be turned back but it turnout that they had given 9:00 AM appointment to everyone.

As soon as you will go on the second floor you will be handed over a cardboard with an application to be filled by you. Fill that application and wait in a line to be called by a clerk for checking your ID and hands. The person will closely check your hand, most probably to make sure that they are good for FP.
Once she is satisfied, you will be given a number and asked to be seated in a big hall. Your number will be called and the person will take FP for every fingers in your hand. You will also be photographed.
The whole process took us an hour.
Just one more thing, plenty of parking is available in front of the prudential building.

Good Luck

logiclife
09-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Hello Guys,

Thanks.

Please title your threads appropriately. Your thread title was "Newark NJ ASC". What does it mean? I have corrected it.

It not only is easy on other people's eyes, but you would do yourself a favor and draw more responses to questions you have if you ask the question in titles because the title appears on the homepage and seen by around 600-1000 people at any time.

Everyone, despite requests, people start new threads titled :"Please help" or "RFE" or "Question" or "140" or "I485".

What is so difficult about framing a short question and putting it as thread title?

smisachu
09-28-2007, 11:25 PM
I got my FP done today. I received the FP notice around 12th Sep. My receipt date is 4th Sep. Case is in Tx.

Appointment time was 2PM. We reached 15mins early. The time does not matter. Long line to check and accept the form. Then we were issued numbers and asked to wait for the numbers. For the amount of people waiting for FP, they did a good and fast job. Mostly young kids and they were fast.

Did FP and took Picture of self and wife and we were done. It took a little over 1 hour. I carried my passport but showd Drivers licence and that was all that was needed. Hope this helps.

immihelp1
09-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Singhsa & Smisachu,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

mundada
09-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey I got my receipt last Saturday and have FP scheduled on Oct. 3 at Newark. Call USCIS and check for FP notice.

Hello Guys,

Thanks.

apahilaj
09-29-2007, 11:55 AM
thank you guys for responding...

I've called them couple of times but they always say that the FP notice has not been mailed but has been ordered (whatever that means).

I'll call them again next week and try to open a SR.

may be they are random again as usual in issuing FP notices as well...they might not be going strictly by the notice dates.

appreciate your responses guys...