PDA

View Full Version : Which copy of the FP notice should we take for the FP appointment?

bond65
09-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I received my FP notice. My Lawyer also received my FP notice which he mailed it to me. Now I have two copies. Which copy should I carry for my FP appointment? Does it matter?

TIA

pt326bc
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Most likely you received the original FP notice and the lawyer received the courtesy copy (like in my case).
You should take the original FP notice (if possible) which is what my lawyer told me; although if your notice doesn't arrive (missing or stolen) then you could take the one which your lawyer received.
Just my 2 cents not a legal opinion.
Regards.

raj3078
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Man,
You can take any or take both. It does not matter as long as they have at least one to see....Dont take tension, there is nothing to FP as long as you attend it

immi_seeker
09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I received my FP notice. My Lawyer also received my FP notice which he mailed it to me. Now I have two copies. Which copy should I carry for my FP appointment? Does it matter?

TIA

Doesnt matter which copy you bring. Attend the FP that is important. They will stamp your notice and sign it. Keep that copy for your records

vaishnavilakshmi
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Take the fp notice addressed to u which u got by mail.Lawyer's copy will have his address on it.Lawyer's copy is only an alternative if u do not recieve ur fp notice.When u have the original,u take urs !Cool!

Goodluck,
vaishu

alien2006
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Okay this might seem really silly, but ... we got two kids < 2 years and our FP apt is at 8am. That's definitely going to mean cranky kids so I want to prepare as much as possible for the worst.

Question - How much time does the FP process take for two people? Ours is code 3 - fingerprints, photos, if that makes any difference. Is there typically a long wait at the USCIS centers?

immi_seeker
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Okay this might seem really silly, but ... we got two kids < 2 years and our FP apt is at 8am. That's definitely going to mean cranky kids so I want to prepare as much as possible for the worst.

Question - How much time does the FP process take for two people? Ours is code 3 - fingerprints, photos, if that makes any difference. Is there typically a long wait at the USCIS centers?

I think the time it takes for FP varies from ASC's to ASC's. Mine was done at phoenix and it tooks three hours for us from the time we went in to time we came out. It it is in the morning i guess it would be much faster becuase yours my be one of the first appointments

monkeyman
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM
It takes 15 minutes at Boston ASC and you are expected to arrive 5 minutes before appointment just so that you can fill up a form. And you can take any copy so long as it has your name , Case # and A# on it. Its a simple process - no sweat!!!

Sri_
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Whoever has already attended FP, did the FP officer ask for 485 receipt also along with FP Notice.

I received FP Notice, but didnot receive receipts. I have the FP appointment tomorrow.

Thanks

vaishnavilakshmi
09-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Whoever has already attended FP, did the FP officer ask for 485 receipt also along with FP Notice.

I received FP Notice, but didnot receive receipts. I have the FP appointment tomorrow.

Thanks

No,
they did not ask us anything about any reciepts.U need to carry the ASC(FP) notice and photo identity.Thats all.!

goodluck,
vaishu

alien2006
10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for your replies guys.

sekharpurna
10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Our (2 adult, 1 kid) FP was done yesterday 10/2 in Alexandria, VA, It took us 1 hr from the time we got in. Make sure to fillup the form quickly to get token number, but it may vary from place to place.

solaris27
10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
anyone is ok

shantanup
10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Even I recieved 2 copies each of FP notices for me and my wife. I don't know if my lawyer got one, if any.

Green.Tech
10-12-2007, 10:39 AM
For those who got their FPs done, did they ask for your passport or was driving license enough?

immihelp1
10-12-2007, 10:57 AM
you can show either passport or driving licence. They won't ask anything in specific.

It's your call

Thanks,