PDA

View Full Version : Can FP be done in any Indian consulate???

cancerian_here
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi,

I have applied for I-140,I-485 and I-765 on 16th of Aug'07,dint get the receipt yet. I would be leaving to India this month and would return only in Feb'08.
My major concerns are:

1. once I get the notice for FingerPrints, can I reschedule it to Feb'08.
Is it advisable.

OR

2. Do I have an option of getting my FingerPrint done at any consulate in India.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

indianindian2006
09-27-2007, 12:07 AM
If you get your FP notice while in the US go to the ceter any day at 7.45 am before the center opens and request the staff to do the FP.They generaly oblige.I did it in Los Angeles.

a_to_z_gc
09-27-2007, 01:53 AM
I don't think you read his question- He/She wanted to know if the FP can be done in an American Consulate General in India if he gets his FP notice while he/she is in India.

Does anyone know of this situation and if any consulate in India can do the FP?

If you get your FP notice while in the US go to the ceter any day at 7.45 am before the center opens and request the staff to do the FP.They generaly oblige.I did it in Los Angeles.

milind70
09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi,

I have applied for I-140,I-485 and I-765 on 16th of Aug'07,dint get the receipt yet. I would be leaving to India this month and would return only in Feb'08.
My major concerns are:

1. once I get the notice for FingerPrints, can I reschedule it to Feb'08.
Is it advisable.

OR

2. Do I have an option of getting my FingerPrint done at any consulate in India.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Option 1
I am not sure that you would be allowed to do finger printing at American consulate in India.