PDA

View Full Version : EAD Card Filing

jackab99
04-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello,

My priority date (EB-3) is Feb 2009. My I-140 was approved very recently and obviously I am in the backlog for I-485 due priority date not being current.

Can someone please advise if I can apply for a EAD after being in backlog waitlist for certain amount of time or I must wait for priority date to become current to file EAD and I-485 at the same time?

Also, When I look at visa bulletin, I see a date of May 2001 for availability of visas - does that mean anyone after that has not received EAD and Green Card?

I know there was a big hustle in 2007 and many people got EADs - does it mean all the people in line before 2007 have their EADs?

Is there a way to take a wild guess on how long would I be waiting, considering my priority date, to file my EAD?

Thanks.

svadamala
04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello,

You have to wait for priority date to be current to apply EAD/I 485.

In July - Aug 2007 USCIS made current for EB3 for month and everybody who are ready to file I 485 or concurrent of I 140 and I 485 filed and have their EAD's. There are people who missed that hustle in 2007 because of lot of reasons.

Waiting period for you is only GOD KNOWS. (w.r.t EB3 priority date is Feb,2009)...be patience.

Good Luck!

jackab99
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciate. Sounds like I should carry no hope for next multiple years to file EAD :(.

I wish there is an unexpected hustle at some point soon (this or next year).

Do you know if there is a way to change the category EB3 to EB2 after it has been filed and can a person change jobs after I-140 has been approved?

Thank you.

svadamala
04-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Yes you can change category from EB3 to EB2 using your old Priority Date.
Better consult good attorney.

bsbawa10
04-29-2010, 04:26 AM
I know we can(should) file for EAD renewal upto 4 months before the expiry due to unpredictability of when USCIS will approve it. Now the question is do they renew it for (1 or 2 years) after the expiry date of the previous one or from the date they renew it. In other words is the period of 4 months eaten up and counted in the renewal in case they approve it quickly ?

ravi98
04-29-2010, 10:19 AM
I know we can(should) file for EAD renewal upto 4 months before the expiry due to unpredictability of when USCIS will approve it. Now the question is do they renew it for (1 or 2 years) after the expiry date of the previous one or from the date they renew it. In other words is the period of 4 months eaten up and counted in the renewal in case they approve it quickly ?

I think he was asking about filing for EAD and not renewal