PDA

View Full Version : Where will the FP notice come

dollar500
09-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Me and my spouse have filed I 485. My spouse is the primary applicant. I received the FP notice today. She didn't. She called her lawyer and the lawyer said that the FP notice will come to the law office and not to you directly.

1. Is it true that FP notice comes to the law office and not the application. If so why did I recieve mine at my home address?

2. can secondary applicant reviece FP notice before primary?

3. What about EAD? where does it come?
a. For primary
b. For secondary

Thanks in advance

pscdk
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Me and my spouse have filed I 485. My spouse is the primary applicant. I received the FP notice today. She didn't. She called her lawyer and the lawyer said that the FP notice will come to the law office and not to you directly.

1. Is it true that FP notice comes to the law office and not the application. If so why did I recieve mine at my home address?

2. can secondary applicant reviece FP notice before primary?

3. What about EAD? where does it come?
a. For primary
b. For secondary

Thanks in advance

Eventhough, standards are FP notices are received by both applicants as well as law office; EAD's are sent to applicants address; these might vary and notices are sent only to law office for some applicants. It is also possible seconday applicant may receive FP notice before primary.

Escape_Velocity
09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Few days back I had posted the same query to my lawyer and got following reply

Law Office will get the I-485 Receipt Notice.
I (Primary & Dependent) will get the FP Notice and Law Office will receive a copy of the same.
I (Primary & Dependent) will receive the EAD.

ajju
09-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Me and my spouse have filed I 485. My spouse is the primary applicant. I received the FP notice today. She didn't....

EAD will come to you only... And FP will go to you and your attorney...

Its not very uncommon to have some gap between primary/dependent FP notices. Not sure about the reason... Call USCIS or ASC center and they may be able to print a duplicate FP notice for you... Otherwise you've to wait.. still you'll get better idea...

EAD will come to you only... And FP will go to you and your attorney? Check your 485 form to make sure what address you typed in for applicant mailing address... If its same as lawyer office... Your lawyer will get everything... Some people do so to avoid doing any change of address...

dollar500
09-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Those messages were very helpful