PDA

View Full Version : NY-NJ Rally...When ?

RNGC
09-19-2007, 03:23 PM
NY/NJ....we did not see lot of representation from you...

Its time to prove that you guys work in the ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!

Pull up your slevees and start planning...

Most of the TV stations are in NY, so start planning for the rally soon...sometime late OCT....The weather should be good for wearing formal suits.....

Imagine 1000+ people dressed in formal suits, walking in NY streets in front of all those big ompanies...it will be a huge media attraction....

Just two rallies is not enough......Every state should do this!!!!

This time we will get it straight about adding
"Legal Immigrants - Highly skilled workers" at the bottom of all the slogans....

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
NY/NJ....we did not see lot of representation from you...

Its time to prove that you guys work in the ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!

Pull up your slevees and start planning...

Most of the TV stations are in NY, so start planning for the rally soon...sometime late OCT....The weather should be good for wearing formal suits.....

Imagine 1000+ people dressed in formal suits, walking in NY streets in front of all those big ompanies...it will be a huge media attraction....

Just two rallies is not enough......Every state should do this!!!!

This time we will get it straight about adding
"Legal Immigrants - Highly skilled workers" at the bottom of all the slogans....

U will see the same folks coming from CA WA TX MN etc... NY Nj folks have been hopeless

rajsand
09-19-2007, 03:30 PM
same with MD / VA/ DE Folks, they are not showing up.
If there is a rally in NY / NJ we should try and to make up atleast 10 buses from MD/VA/DE area

laborchic
09-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a good plan...

By the way do we have a Tristate Chapter or NY-NJ Chapter?? Do we have a yahoo group ??

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a good plan...

By the way do we have a Tristate Chapter or NY-NJ Chapter?? Do we have a yahoo group ??

Yes we have a tri State chapter, please follow this link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

Some members are evry active but many are dormant. Please join and revive the chapter

485InDreams
09-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Shall we do something other than rally...We already did once....
...that too in NY...i don't think we will get approval on Week day....

I'm saying something innovative to get the media/political attention..something like sending flowers [Please don't give the name as Gandhigiri or some thng like that....as Gandhi insisted on Swedshi movement and wht we are doin is demanding GC]...

tnite
09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Tristate folks dont mind driving 4 hrs to catch a movie but going to the rally is a big hassle for them.
Even if it was held in NYC, folks from tristate will not show up.They have to straighten their priorities first.
Some of them had genuine reasons but most of them were just not interested.plain and simple
Thats the lesson the tristate group heads found out during the phone campaign.

Raising Fund For Election
09-19-2007, 04:18 PM
If you really want to push this to a new level. Start collecting $100.00 from everyone and support the candidates for President Election. List all members and contributions collected in this website. "THIS WILL WORK FOR SURE"!

485InDreams
09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
If you really want to push this to a new level. Start collecting $100.00 from everyone and support the candidates for President Election. List all members and contributions collected in this website. "THIS WILL WORK FOR SURE"

Sorry...This is not Political Canvassing site....

LCtank
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
for aliens to denote in president election campaign. Wake up.

If you really want to push this to a new level. Start collecting $100.00 from everyone and support the candidates for President Election. List all members and contributions collected in this website. "THIS WILL WORK FOR SURE"

Raising Fund For Election
09-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Of course we don’t have the right to vote but we have the right to support the candidates, Isn’t it? Help support the Presidential Candidate who will hear your voice and make newer laws. This will hit head lines!

RNGC
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Shall we do something other than rally...We already did once....
...that too in NY...i don't think we will get approval on Week day....

I'm saying something innovative to get the media/political attention..something like sending flowers [Please don't give the name as Gandhigiri or some thng like that....as Gandhi insisted on Swedshi movement and wht we are doin is demanding GC]...

Can we setup a poll to find out how many NY/NJ people will attend a rally in NYC ?

485InDreams
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
wht if they say yes and didn't turn on the rally day...
next move we do should be firm and confident....these politicians require count to speak for us...
i'm sure that is one of the reason IV pressurised all the memebers to attend the rally...

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I can understand there is a new energy flowing here. We will do a lot of stuff - all we need is for people to be passionate about getting our issues worked out.

Thanks for all this.

Please join the Tri State Chapter by clicking on the link in my signature. The group has around 80 members and is growing, went inactive with only a few of us posting messages.

We can activaate this chapter. Please help spread awareness and try to get more people in the chapter.

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Tristate folks dont mind driving 4 hrs to catch a movie but going to the rally is a big hassle for them.
Even if it was held in NYC, folks from tristate will not show up.They have to straighten their priorities first.
Some of them had genuine reasons but most of them were just not interested.plain and simple

Well said - I know when the Indian Movie Sivaji released all these folks drove for hours together to watch the movie.

But from what I understand - the issue here seems to be sheer ignorance of the basic understanding of the issue and nothing else. Many have not taken this issue seriously - they have not understood the complexity of this issue.

Look at the July filings - 300K filings - phenomenal, but look at ralliers - compared to the numbers that filed

SkilledWorker4GC
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
But will be there for the tri state rally 100%.

wa_Saiprasad
09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I am from NJ, my wife and I were all prepared to attend until we got the notice for our finger printing on 18th. Atleast I contributed by spreading the word and making regular contribution and special contributions during occasions like these.

Anyways Thanks so much to the people who attended the rally and Thanks to the IV core team.

swadeshi
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM

I have seen a lot of my NJ & NY friends and colleagues attending elaborate poojas, dinners and parties for hours together, imagine they can spend hrs together in Edison or Jackson heights but can't make it to DC!!! most of them were just not interested, some even give me the odd looks thinking I was crazy to drive alone with a cousin to DC..

Some even said just the 2 ladies are u crazy is it worth it!!! well to who ever said it " It was definitely worth it" I had a gr8 time distributing roses and carrying the placard and the meeting with the representative from NJ was good too..though i had miss the senators speech as the timings overlapped.

bottom line most of the NJ and NY folks will find some mundane reason not to make it to the NY rally...in contrast to the CA folks!!

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Join the Tri State Chapter by following the link in my signature.

encourage other to join too. Please have this link in your signature.

siravi
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Dear Tristate members-

It is really heartening to see this movement towards getting the Tristate members together and having our voices heard. But the few of us volunteers who tried very hard to increase participation for the DC rally from our Tristate corner--which has a HUGE number of EB immigrants--met with a lot of disappointment in having more members attend the rally.

Before we can have a NY/NJ rally we need to be sure there will be members who will be at the rally! Some of the tristate volunteers are in difficult personal and professional circumstances yet were determined to make it to the rally, and did attend the rally. But overall the participation from the Tristate area was disappointing. We still ask ourselves, 'why?'

All of us need to realize that IV is not just a website, but an organization with a mission and a goal, vision for all our future. It is a grass roots organization based on volunteer efforts and its people like you and me that will make it work. That IV is a source of reliable, legit information is well established. But it'd be important to understand that the information is available because of a lot of hard work.

We all have different strengths, and it's okay if you can't participate in one way, but then share your skills with IV in another way. We have a Tristate Yahoo group. Please join that, and let's start sharing ideas. The first goal should be to have more of us join the effort and become active IV members. (Also like the suggestion about having a poll to determine the commitment for the cause.)

For those of you were unable to attend, it would be helpful for us to understand why, so if you could PM and let us know, it would be VERY helpful.

Looking forward to strengthening the Tristate chapter!
Proud IV volunteer.

Jaime
09-19-2007, 08:54 PM
If you really want to push this to a new level. Start collecting $100.00 from everyone and support the candidates for President Election. List all members and contributions collected in this website. "THIS WILL WORK FOR SURE"!

Bad idea, and that's illegal

Jaime
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I can understand there is a new energy flowing here. We will do a lot of stuff - all we need is for people to be passionate about getting our issues worked out.

Thanks for all this.

Please join the Tri State Chapter by clicking on the link in my signature. The group has around 80 members and is growing, went inactive with only a few of us posting messages.

We can activaate this chapter. Please help spread awareness and try to get more people in the chapter.

I totally agree with you Chandu! I also support doig more stuff! Core has been great at initiating and also at taking advice from members. Let's generate ideas and follow their guidance!

Ideas?