PDA

View Full Version : Birth certificate for sponsoring parents visa

sudiptasarkar
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi,
I will be sponsoring US visitor's visa for my parents. They will be going to Kolkata consulate for visa interview. I believe my parents need to carry my Birth Certificate along with other documents for the interview. Do they need to carry my original birth certificate or copy of my birth certifcate is fine.
Thanks
Sudipta

mmk123
04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I think they carry only their own documents + hdfc receipt etc stuff in original.
All other documents (that are not issued to them) are a copy e.g. your I797 notice, copy of your passport, visa etc.
Your Birth certificate is one such document hence copy should be fine. And also your passport also has a name of each parent.

bidhanc
04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
You might want to be careful abt the Birth Certificate.
I have seen in many forums and even heard from a friend who sponsored his parents with the Original Certificate.

Hi,
I will be sponsoring US visitor's visa for my parents. They will be going to Kolkata consulate for visa interview. I believe my parents need to carry my Birth Certificate along with other documents for the interview. Do they need to carry my original birth certificate or copy of my birth certifcate is fine.
Thanks
Sudipta

i4u
04-23-2010, 04:30 PM
You will need:
Form 134 affidavit of support (no notorization required)
employment letter
pay stubs
letter from the bank regarding present balance and avg balance in previous years
bank statements for the past six months
income tax documents
invitation letter - why they are coming here
identifications - relationships (your original birth certificate); photocopy of your passport and your legal status proof