PDA

View Full Version : From IV: We made a bold statement through this ad

pappu
09-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Immigrationvoice raised the awareness about the rally and our cause through this ad in the Rollcall newspaper yesterday. Rollcall is read by staffers, lawmakers and a lot of people who deal with public policy, lobbying and politics on the hill.

We had a full page color ad on Sept 18th in the newspaper. This raised the profile of our issue and made a bold statement about us in DC. Thank you everyone for your support.http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/rollcal3a.pdf

Here is a copy of the ad

http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/rollcal3a.pdf

485Question
09-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Certainly yes. It was a great effort, which I definitely missed it. It is from my heart, you are all doing a lot to the community

Thanks

akhilmahajan
09-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Immigrationvoice raised the awareness about the rally and our cause through this ad in the Rollcall newspaper yesterday. Rollcall is read by staffers, lawmakers and a lot of people who deal with public policy, lobbying and politics on the hill.

We had a full page color ad on Sept 18th in the newspaper. This raised the profile of our issue and made a bold statement about us in DC. Thank you everyone for your support.http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/rollcal3a.pdf

Here is a copy of the ad

Now every one knows who we are, which is the best thing to happen to our cause.

On a personal note, pappu it was a pleasure meeting you. You guys are really inspiring and motivating.

nosightofgc
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
A very good ad. I liked the idea of mentioning reverse brain dump.

stillhopefull
09-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't know how much an ad in Rollcall is, but wouldn't it be possible to have ongoing ads to keep awareness level up? Especially if lawmakers read the publication. I would help to pay for an ad.

vamsi_poondla
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Here is a copy of the ad

I liked simple and straight message of this ad. Hope it reached the staffers.

kanaihya
09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I 100% agree to contune placing such a Advt. in leading newspapers & websites. I think everybody will support this idea..

BharatPremi
09-19-2007, 03:31 PM
"Make employers to share immigration related paper work with employees" would sound good rather than "Allow employers to share immigration related paper work with employees" ...:) Perfect advertisement.

logiclife
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I 100% agree to contune placing such a Advt. in leading newspapers & websites. I think everybody will support this idea..

It is expensive to put an add in Roll-Call and The Hill. These two papers are read by everyone in Congress and in DC in general who make policy and write laws. Each fullpage ad costs thousands of dollars.

We spent this money because we wanted everyone in congressional offices to find out at their convenience what the rally is about and expecting that it would generate their interest in calling us and asking us what our issues and what the solutions are.

IF we have enough funds, then we will put more ads. Right now, we dont have a plan to put more ads in paper in the immediate future.

Desi Unlucky
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I like the idea of continuing the Ad. Willing to contribute for that. I suggest IV should come up with Fund raising drives for things such as Ads. This will keep us in the news. I am confident that with the Rally's success, we will be able to meet the funding drive targets.

xyz2005
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Here is a copy of the ad

Pappu,
Being MBA in Marketing I can assure you this is top notch Marketing execution
This ad is:
-concise
-appealing
-Hitting bulls eye
-Creative
-Very Professional
Hats off to you guys ! I am short on words to describe what good all of you have done for us and for our forthcoming generations !

Lets pray and word hard for future to hold good for all of us by Almighty's grace

Thanks and congrats once again to all of you and each and every member who participated

Best Regards,

dtekkedil
09-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I like the idea of continuing the Ad. Willing to contribute for that. I suggest IV should come up with Fund raising drives for things such as Ads. This will keep us in the news. I am confident that with the Rally's success, we will be able to meet the funding drive targets.

I think people would be willing to pay for more of these ads! It is important that we do this before or during the time that the defense bill is put on the table. If we start a funding drive now, we can make it!

Put up a funny cartoon that shows our state and follow that up with the issues.

mbartosik
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM

I privately know the cost, and I'm not sure if I should say in this forum, but it needs SERIOUS contributions to fund ads like this.

I am working on a Dilbert like cartoon that illustrates the problem and the bad side effects (more off shoring if we cannot stay).

So like the idea - pay the price.

How about doubling our regular monthly contributions.

mbartosik
09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
I just increased my monthly contribution to $100.

Libra
09-19-2007, 06:07 PM
thank you mbartosik for the dedication, i think if we can make atleast 100 from 23000 members to sign up for recurring, i think will have enough money for ads. atleast those 20000 members should understand by now what we are doing here.

I just increased my monthly contribution to $100.

pappu
09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Pappu,
Being MBA in Marketing I can assure you this is top notch Marketing execution
This ad is:
-concise
-appealing
-Hitting bulls eye
-Creative
-Very Professional
Hats off to you guys ! I am short on words to describe what good all of you have done for us and for our forthcoming generations !

Lets pray and word hard for future to hold good for all of us by Almighty's grace

Thanks and congrats once again to all of you and each and every member who participated

Best Regards,

Thank you.

If we all are committed to this cause, we can do more ads. Such ads cost a lot, but we Don't care now. Money is not an issue. Our IV members will help as as they have done in the past and this organization has now grown into a big force. We will continue to push and work harder and be successful.

tp2007
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Congrats and thank you for all your efforts!

Not to critique... but...probably would've been slightly better if the two people pictured on the ad were in professional attire....

just my 2 cents..

--TP

logiclife
09-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Pappu (Himanshu) is being modest here by not mentioning that he was the one who spent around 10-12 hours designing the ad. It took a lot of time for him to design this nicely after the text was finalized.

So please join me in Thanking Himanshu here for spending so many hours on this advertisement, talking and negotiating with Roll-call newspaper and also for showing up at the rally despite his requirement to be close to his family.

sam2006
09-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks a ZILLION PAPPU:)
we are all proud of you

Pappu (Himanshu) is being modest here by not mentioning that he was the one who spent around 10-12 hours designing the ad. It took a lot of time for him to design this nicely after the text was finalized.

So please join me in Thanking Himanshu here for spending so many hours on this advertisement, talking and negotiating with Roll-call newspaper and also for showing up at the rally despite his requirement to be close to his family.

gsc999
09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Congrats and thank you for all your efforts!

Not to critique... but...probably would've been slightly better if the two people pictured on the ad were in professional attire....

just my 2 cents..

--TP
;) That is professional attire, in California. If you don't trust me then accept my invitation to visit Silicon valley and I will show you around some campuses of major companies. Don't be surprised.

I do understand what you are saying. We are creating an archive of such pictures. Can you send your's with a formal suit, we promise to use it in our next advertisement. It would be better if you have one together with your spouse.

gc_aspirant_prasad
09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Pappu ( Himanshu) - Thanx a million !
~~~You ( and the ad) ROCK ~~~

mabuhay
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM
The ad was excellent! Congratulations to IV!!! However, may I suggest that in future ads, maybe you can include pictures of people from different fields also stuck in the GC backlog (eg. nurses, teachers, etc.) This will drive a point that the GC problem is being experienced by highly skilled, educated people from different professiona fields.

Rohan99
09-20-2007, 12:05 AM
I rate this ad***** as best I have ever seen....