PDA

View Full Version : Do we deserve a GC?

aviko21
09-19-2007, 12:12 AM
:mad:To all those people who are here for free information and don't think about contributing think about this:

To people who swamp this site when a major announcement is going to be made have you ever thought how this site runs or why you were able to file for a greencard earlier than you ever would have?

Can we look beyond our selfish interests and ever think beyond "Whats in it for me"?

Can we selfish people even come close to thinking about anything but our own filing which incidentally came because of the lobbying efforts of a few brave individuals at IV?

I veered off to NUMBERSUSA following some threads and came back with an eye opener: Their Budget this year is $3.5 million and they expect to spend $4.5 million for their efforts which we all our familiar with.

All the members who are contributing to IV are not stupid. They understand that if they make even small contributions like $50 or so a month, it might help the cause of all.

Why can't all the members contribute the cost of a dinner and a movie every month. Adds up to $100 x 23000members = GC for all.

I am contributing another $100 which i hope maybe every noncontributing (yet) member will match.
Congratulations to IV on the successful groundbreaking rally and more importantly the meetings that were organised.
I hope that Logiclife doesn't ever have to post notices to raise funds again.:)

natrajs
09-19-2007, 12:14 AM
:mad:To all those people who are here for free information and don't think about contributing think about this:

To people who swamp this site when a major announcement is going to be made have you ever thought how this site runs or why you were able to file for a greencard earlier than you ever would have?

Can we look beyond our selfish interests and ever think beyond "Whats in it for me"?

Can we selfish people even come close to thinking about anything but our own filing which incidentally came because of the lobbying efforts of a few brave individuals at IV?

I veered off to NUMBERSUSA following some threads and came back with an eye opener: Their Budget this year is $3.5 million and they expect to spend $4.5 million for their efforts which we all our familiar with.

All the members who are contributing to IV are not stupid. They understand that if they make even small contributions like $50 or so a month, it might help the cause of all.

Why can't all the members contribute the cost of a dinner and a movie every month. Adds up to $100 x 23000members = GC for all.

I am contributing another $100 which i hope maybe every noncontributing (yet) member will match.
Congratulations to IV on the successful groundbreaking rally and more importantantly the meetings that were organised.

Dear Friend

Well Said , Thank Q for your support

Libra
09-19-2007, 12:18 AM
thank you aviko21 for your contribution, very few members understand all this and when we try to tell them they bash you, they feel shame to use F words.

vaccine
09-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes, you are right. They probably don't need greencard because they are satisfied and relaxed by getting receits only.

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Dude - I went on a rampage over this weekend - did not sleep at all and was trying to make all these selfish people understand the importance of the rally uisng a multiple thread technique.

Few days after the rally was announced - We were banking for the success of the rally based on the crowd from the North East.

The let down was disappointing - this put a lot of pressure on us - some of us were drained out - we resorted to all sorts of techniques - pleading, begging, requesting, encouraging and what not

i hope people realise after this rally that life is just not about being selfish

But this rally was a great success - we had all the wonderful people - people with a heart and people who have a passion - i met people from all nationalities, web surfers who came across IV during google search were present.

Those who supported us from the behind - a big big thanks to you all.

And people who flew from Seattle, Bay Area, LA and all far off places - this shows your wonderful commitment

Tri State and DC local were a major let down

aviko21
09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
:mad:Chandu but it was expected wasn't it?

We are Indians! let others work for us!
Who me? you said me march in a rally? I ain't illegal you know?
besides I have a bunch of idiots flying in from all over the country to rally for my GC! So you see I dont need to go!

Also I don't need to contribute!

If you look closely I am turning red! Yes! Yes! I turned into a redneck!

digital2k
09-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Maybe some people can still wake up that without their contribution it was hit.

Atleast they can contribute NOW.

Our efforts will succed but all those who are just sitting in front of these monitors for free info

Remeber, You are burden to yourself, You Family and society.

Just once at least think do you deserve this.

texcan
09-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Exactly right on point AVIKO.

Ok fellows, all of us lazy ones who could not go to rally ( myself included);
Lets give IV rally heros some rest and shoulder some responsiblity.

Can i speak for you all ( who could not go to rally), that we will add our efforts now and will go the extra mile..may be it any effort.
WE WILL DO IT

My Salute to "IV Rally Heros".

Thank you guys.
--------------

Now For contributions, come on folks...come on..think about it,
You flaunt latest gadgets...buy costly cars ....
and when it comes to contribution...you donot want to contibute
Yet still...when rules kick your butt....lawyers donot listen to you...
you turn to IV....( I did want to say the word...but i have to say it)
"you shameless" fits the description...

Lets contribute...for a real cause. I tell you.. it feels good...real good.

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 01:38 AM
thank you aviko21 for your contribution, very few members understand all this and when we try to tell them they bash you, they feel shame to use F words.

Were u at the rally?

sam2006
09-19-2007, 01:40 AM
I have contributed about 1100$ along with 50$ recurring till date
but every time i see the IV core hard at work for US I feel guilty and feel like contributing much more

that is the least i can do from my side
I hope the free riders come forward and show there support to IV

wolfpok
09-19-2007, 01:49 AM
We bring people to the cause by focussing on the positives. the rally with 2k people was a positive. For a grassroots movement to take shape and organize itself into a force that can produce 100s of congressional meetings and speeches by house leaders is truly on a great track! I think we have a lot to learn as to how we translate our raw passion into great results...but thats what i am in it for...a great journey with IV.

lets keep going. lets point to the 2k people who turned up and ask those who are skeptic to get in and be part of the movement.

pok from nc.

rsrikant
09-19-2007, 10:11 AM
where were u buddy... i saw macaca... i was standing beside him for most part of the rally. but can't find u....

aviko21
09-19-2007, 12:23 PM
It would be very interesting to Know if IV met the last minute funding call of $41,000 that was put up last week.

Libra
09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes, i was. I met with MN members including paskal.

Were u at the rally?

gcpadmavyuh
09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Libra is a beloved member and co-lead of the IV MN chapter and she was present at the rally holding placards and cheering up the crowd.

I looked around for you. Where the heck were you?

BharatPremi
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Thought:
--------

One particular person gets Green Card, who will benefit? Obviously that person and his/er family and employer directly and US economy indirectly. The employees (Direct beneficiary) who have understood that fact have already started to contribute to efforts led by IV. The people who are not still contributing can be divided in three groups (1) Still want to watch our efforts and want to see the direction we take and how it will turn up. Some major efforts will be required by us to bring these guys on board.
(2)The people who have not understood the seriousness of the problem and more or less they still do not give preference to the greencard much in their life yet. Most of these guys have just recently arrived in US (Since last 2 years) and they are behind dollar not behind green card. We will not be able to turn these people on board untill they start feeling fire under them. So all efforts will be futile and so we should not waste our time on them. (3) Stuck and suffering but want to have free ride. We can get rid of this group but the problem lies in numbers. As it is we are very "Few" in terms of "Broad Political Spectrum of immigration issue" so we need to devise a careful strategy to deal with this group.

Now, coming to the point, "Employer" is also benefiting if employee gets green card reasonably fast.(Note: Some are waiting to leave present employer upon getting green card due to many reasons such as exploitation but I am sure major chunck would stay with present employer having not much problems with the present employment). So considering this we have to come up with one single startegy to bring our employers on our board with having them contribute funding our fight. I think this would strenghthen our funding efforts. What do you think?

sachug22
09-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Employers can be classified in three major category

Most Large American firms: (like one i work for) stay away from sponsoring H1B or GC's. If they do sponsor they hire best lawyers (who are very slow but prudent), and the process take years (even for ROW). No one wants to be on the same job for years (no matter how good the job is). GC is like additional incentive they give to retain skilled employees, and most leave within 6 months of getting their GC. This group does not care if GC take one day or one year they can pay more and find locals. (They sponsor only 5-10% of total GC)

Small Indian Consultants they us GC as tool to attract and retain cheap skilled labor. They want the process to be lengthy (they can retain people longer). Most of GC's are sponsored by this group (more than 50%).

Other firms they are in between the above two in all characteristics and depend on individual case how/why sponsor GC and handle employee.

Windy
09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Had we told that at the end of the rally, all participants are going to be given green card, there would have been a million desis flocking DC. :)

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Had we told that at the end of the rally, all participants are going to be given green card, there would have been a million desis flocking DC. :)

And if IV keeps a donation counter there - it would only be those 2000 ralliers and the other supporters who would donate money while collecting GCs, others will just say

"Logiclife is rude", "I have to hurry, wil donate later", " I don't think IV made this happen", - they will collect GCs - log onto IV and start GC corectness thread and sicuss things like how thin the card is, if there is a dark spot in the bottom, whether the card is properly bending etc....

jgh_res
09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
And if IV keeps a donation counter there - it would only be those 2000 ralliers and the other supporters who would donate money while collecting GCs, others will just say

"Logiclife is rude", "I have to hurry, wil donate later", " I don't think IV made this happen", - they will collect GCs - log onto IV and start GC corectness thread and sicuss things like how thin the card is, if there is a dark spot in the bottom, whether the card is properly bending etc....

Good one.

I was there yesterday. I saw you.

Just to open up the eyes of the local people( in this case, VA/MD/DC), Create a spreadsheet having info like, how far ppl have come from and how much they have spent not counting the leave they applied for
and make them go thru this like an ad in a commercial website,
where u have to go thru that before anybody gets to the actual material.

RON_HI(Z)RA
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
First thing first, you people have to know that reversal for 2nd july decision was not only because of IV's effort, I work for fortune 500 company and our attorney had informed us on 2nd july itself that, USCIS cannot do this and they have to reverse the decision, so keep filing, and my application was filed on july 5th, so Yes I filed in July and I dont think IV had all part to play in that. It was because of AILF, All big corporations putting pressure and annoucement from Microsoft about Canada, though IV's effort might have added to it.
Secondly to think that those who didnt come to rally are selfish, and dont care is thinking like a 1st grader yourself, because if you think what you are doing is right, doesnt give you right to judge other people and their thinking, some people didnt attend the rally because they had other things to do, others wanted to wait n watch, rest were just thinking otherwise. You have to have open mentality, understand and respect all individual and their decision, they are all highly skilled workers (remember) and understand beyond what you think them to, so pestering an nagging make you and chanduk and other likemind sound like 1st grader yourself, you, chanduk and other likemind open post which gives impression that either you are with us or you are agaisnt us, that doesnt differenciate you guys from numberUSA mentality.
Though above said, I was one of the kind who wanted to wait and see the what happens at rally, now poeple will start barking and say are you ready to wait for your green card and blah blah, and my answer is yes I am willing to wait for the green card, so that explains why i waited on the rally too, i am in no hurry for the card. But one thing is for sure DC rally has certainly ignited a spark and is sure to catch fire and spread rapidly, was enough for me to change my mind, and will certainly participate actively in the next rally if at all required, for those you will say I am late in changing my mind, so it be I was willing to wait anyway

Congratulations to IV on the successful groundbreaking rally and more importantly the meetings that were organised.

sam2006
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
thanks for a funny Post :D

we all needed some fun after all :D
Guys Read the post and have a laugh and thank Ron

First thing first, you people have to know that reversal for 2nd july decision was not only because of IV's effort, I work for fortune 500 company and our attorney had informed us on 2nd july itself that, USCIS cannot do this and they have to reverse the decision, so keep filing, and my application was filed on july 5th, so Yes I filed in July and I dont think IV had all part to play in that. It was because of AILF, All big corporations putting pressure and annoucement from Microsoft about Canada, though IV's effort might have added to it.
Secondly to think that those who didnt come to rally are selfish, and dont care is thinking like a 1st grader yourself, because if you think what you are doing is right, doesnt give you right to judge other people and their thinking, some people didnt attend the rally because they had other things to do, others wanted to wait n watch, rest were just thinking otherwise. You have to have open mentality, understand and respect all individual and their decision, they are all highly skilled workers (remember) and understand beyond what you think them to, so pestering an nagging make you and chanduk and other likemind sound like 1st grader yourself, you, chanduk and other likemind open post which gives impression that either you are with us or you are agaisnt us, that doesnt differenciate you guys from numberUSA mentality.
Though above said, I was one of the kind who wanted to wait and see the what happens at rally, now poeple will start barking and say are you ready to wait for your green card and blah blah, and my answer is yes I am willing to wait for the green card, so that explains why i waited on the rally too, i am in no hurry for the card. But one thing is for sure DC rally has certainly ignited a spark and is sure to catch fire and spread rapidly, was enough for me to change my mind, and will certainly participate actively in the next rally if at all required, for those you will say I am late in changing my mind, so it be I was willing to wait anyway

jgh_res
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Dude, U dont get it. If there are other things which are preventing u from coming, I totally understand. I know few ppl, whose offices are less than 2 miles from capitol hill, who applied 485 and still didnot turn up.

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Though u trageting me, I like ur sense of humor :) Your nick is funny, maing me laugh. Not late at all - you can do your part in contributing to IVs cause

sachug22
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
We live in democracy and every one has right to do what they believe in or want. IV is a revolution which will work like a tornado to pull in more individuals by making them believe/align.

Forcing/abandoning anyone to align is not the right way.

sam2006
09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Ron !!!
for the sense of Humor
we need more jok(e)rs like you to cheer up IV !!!

BharatPremi
09-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Employers can be classified in three major category

Most Large American firms: (like one i work for) stay away from sponsoring H1B or GC's. If they do sponsor they hire best lawyers (who are very slow but prudent), and the process take years (even for ROW). No one wants to be on the same job for years (no matter how good the job is). GC is like additional incentive they give to retain skilled employees, and most leave within 6 months of getting their GC. This group does not care if GC take one day or one year they can pay more and find locals. (They sponsor only 5-10% of total GC)

Small Indian Consultants they us GC as tool to attract and retain cheap skilled labor. They want the process to be lengthy (they can retain people longer). Most of GC's are sponsored by this group (more than 50%).

Other firms they are in between the above two in all characteristics and depend on individual case how/why sponsor GC and handle employee.

Right. Now we should remember that all these 3 groups are aware of the one fact that most of "us" have filed our final stage. Business point of view, they would be willing to keep "All ready trained and merged" people with them for a long time and now question for us is that how to devise a startegy to have broader support from them in terms of funding.

vamsi_poondla
09-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Dude, U dont get it. If there are other things which are preventing u from coming, I totally understand. I know few ppl, whose offices are less than 2 miles from capitol hill, who applied 485 and still didnot turn up.

When someone goes to DC lobbyists and tell them that we have half million families affected, it is right for us to expect more turn around of those in that area. Because it doesn't take much. I know thousands attended TANA event. What does it take to take 3 hours of and show solidarity to fellow countrymen even if they have GC. Nothing...Just resolve to do so and heart to do so.

IV may not be only reason for reversal of the decision. But IV represented those that are directly affected by the decision. And they fought for it in a unique way. So, they should be considered as very significant reason for the reversal. Whether you are aware or not, IV has reach inside the hill. And IV(which by the way is you too), is morally and legally on the right side.

Just for watching how committed people are, RON you could have attended. It could have added a number. I disagree with your inaction and 'wait'n'watch attitude but I respect you. Please take it sportive and start involving more. Add at least 5 of your friends and make your point.

Thanks

rajsand
09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Ron - please note there are more people who are part of this forum & just did not want to take a day off to be part of it ..! There is no big excuse when you live in close proximity to DC ..

A very Fruitful , Magnanimous and Extremely well Organised EVENT!! We are PROUD of you IV members and most importantly the CORE MEMBERS!!!
I have not been a very active member though I attended one Chapter meeting and did participate the whole time at the rally.
I was totally impressed with many of the fellow participants who flew down / Rode down by bus for this and had to take 2/3 days off ..
The efforts of the members who had to prepare banners, arrange meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, talk to lawmakers/congressmen..prepare speeches, prepare write-ups.. make arrangements for the police, restrooms, water etcc.. this goes on and on... is AMAZING (it is a very mild word I am using here!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Truly many states participated in this BUT the very state DC , the neighbouring states MD, VA, DE
I think only a handful would have joined in from these states .. we could really count them!!
If I am not wrong , If we pull medical records (exams taken during the 485 process..) I think we will get nos anywhere from 25000 to 50000 in MD alone and if thats again pulled in VA it would come to 100000+ .. ditto for DC
This is definitely PATHETIC!! BE Shameful guys for not being part of the struggle thats going to benefit you, YES YOU!!!!!
WHAT HAPPENED GUYSSS???????
DC???
VIRGINIA???
MARYLAND???
DELEWARE???
WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED !!! WE HAD SUCH A BIG OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE AND MAKE IT EVEN GRANDER..
Though the 2000+ score of people is huge but considreing the 200000+ living in DC/MD/VA/DE , this could have been lot more better!!

I HAVE ONE SUGGESTION TO MAKE. If any of the members could cleanly list all the activities that took their time and energy into this big effort would be helpful to other DUMB, DISINTERESTED people to know what they have missed and what they can do in future to help themselves!
Just list down all the activities and how they were delegated to people (how many) and how much time it took to organise this.
We can then put it in the home page and let everyone know this is not a small organisation and this is for everyone to help.
We should do one more rally soon again in DC and pull in more people this time.. !!
But all of you volunteers and core members .. YOU ARE VERY DETERMINED & FOCUSED!! THIS RALLY WILL ALWAYS BE REMMEMBERED!!!
Thanks

RON_HI(Z)RA
09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Ha ha ha, good atleast I made you laugh, I saw the pics and videos of the rally, and a laugh too, so few people attending, pics were taken carefully to show only people who standing closely. That explains why you guys are moaning since you returned. DC rally ha ha ha, so funny :D

thanks for a funny Post :D

we all needed some fun after all :D
Guys Read the post and have a laugh and thank Ron

paskal
09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Ha ha ha, good atleast I made you laugh, I saw the pics and videos of the rally, and a laugh too, so few people attending, pics were taken carefully to show only people who standing closely. That explains why you guys are moaning since you returned. DC rally ha ha ha, so funny :D

it was very funny, thank you. we had a good laugh and a good time.
even before the rally day we were able to do 150 lawmaker and administration meeting and hold a congressional reception...of course there was no people to do any of those...we used magic....
i guess we should have taken pictures of empty spaces...so sorry...will do better next time...we aim to please!!

oh btw the 900 placards we made and 100 flags and 10 banners and thousand flowers and flags to be handed out...that was magic too...you see there was really nobody to carry the stuff...all life after all is an illusion :D

as for moaning...hey if the current energy here is moaning...i'll take it anytime :p

paskal
09-19-2007, 02:42 PM
He who hesitates
is a damned fool
Mae West

was good to see you in DC!

GCAtlast
09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Everyone,

I would like to commend people who initiated the the rally for benefit of everyone and successfully completed the same.

At the same time, it gives no right to you guys to call other people cowards. If your voice were heard by few people, it is not their fault, it is your fault of not able reach the others. I am seeing people wasting their time boasting themselves and making a big deal of it. Instead, it would be wise enough to think about bringing together more people next time.

I am also in the GC race for 5 years and have to run pillars to get my application move to the last stage. Everyone has the right to evaluate the scenarios and make judgement for themselves based on their individual situations.
USCIS made fool of everyone and played a smart game of getting quick money and making people to suffer more.

Take care

GCAtlast