PDA

View Full Version : Huge round of applause to IV Core and Rally Volunteers

Jaime
09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
IV Core and the rally volunteers deserve a HUGE round of applause for the amazing organization of the rally, everything that went into it and the logistics, countless hours and sleepless nights spent. It MORE THAN PAID OFF GUYS!!!! Congratulations and please count on all of us at IV for whatever help we can provide, till we achieve victory!!!

fall2004us
09-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Great Job guys.....

ras
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Great Job...

vaishalikumar
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Today's work will definitely bring fruits tomorrow !

laborchic
09-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Guys...

DC Rally was a HUGE HUGE SUCCESS..

I alongwith a group of 25 people just came back from the rally and we were glad to be there..

IV CORE absolutely rocks...

Details tomorrow..

gconmymind
09-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks to everyone who attended and represented us all!! Thanks IV core for organizing this. Please continue the efforts and we will all try to help in whatever way we can.

natrajs
09-19-2007, 12:09 AM
IV Core and the rally volunteers deserve a HUGE round of applause for the amazing organization of the rally, everything that went into it and the logistics, countless hours and sleepless nights spent. It MORE THAN PAID OFF GUYS!!!! Congratulations and please count on all of us at IV for whatever help we can provide, till we achieve victory!!!

Thank Q IV Core Team and Volunteers

guyfromsg
09-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I was in DC yesterday and today and it's a life changing experience. It was very well co-ordinated. Thanks to all the people who showed up. Three cheers to nixstor, Arun and the local team who had the difficult tasks of getting permits, co-ordinating with local authorities and everything went according to plan..Since I had lobby meetings in the PM had to leave early. They still had pletny of work to do. Their hard work paid off...

Nicely done :)

texcan
09-19-2007, 01:34 AM
IV Rally Heros, all of them deserve applause for efforts, leadership and doing an unprecedented jobs.

YOU ALL MADE HISTORY TODAY

THANK YOU,

sundarpn
09-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Just got back (I am from NC, went by Bus from RTP).

Attending the Rally felt really good. We are legal and we should have spoken up long ago!

IV effots and organization was great!

It was seriously expecting more people though. That was really sad ! So many banners & signboard... but not that many people. :mad:

I doubt if the count was greater than 1500...

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Yes, it was amazing effort.

I am glad that I was a part of it.

Thanks to everyone who came and to everyone who wholeheartedly supported the rally though they were not able to attend.

sen_raju
09-19-2007, 01:46 AM
I along with 5 other members just came back from the rally....It was a huge success!!!!..Felt great to be a part of it!!!
IV Rocks!!!!

needhelp!
09-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Its the time of my life..
I've never felt this way before..
Its the truth..
and I owe it all to you
IV IV IV IV IV IV IV

needhelp!
09-19-2007, 02:01 AM
I could have rallied all night..
And still have begged for more
I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things
I've never done before
I never know what made it so
EXCITING!!

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 02:04 AM
I could have rallied all night..
And still have begged for more
I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things
I've never done before
I never know what made it so
EXCITING!!

Nice meeting u and ur kid is so sweet :)

skilledWorker
09-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Truly awesome.. 1500 is still a big number and I sincerely appreciate all the volunteers for spending countless hours organizing this rally.

Congrats once again to all the people who made it to the rally and participating in a historic event.

Go IV...

ArunAntonio
09-19-2007, 02:58 AM
I have been feeling sad that I have not been able to make it to the rally and after hearing about the energy, the camaraderie and the excitement you all shared I know for sure I missed out on a once in a life time oppurtunity, there will always be that sadness in me, the only comfort I have is that I tried to contribute in ways other than attending the rally.
But I am very glad that this turned out be such a resounding success.
IV ROCKS

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 03:04 AM
I have been feeling sad that I have not been able to make it to the rally and after hearing about the energy, the camaraderie and the excitement you all shared I know for sure I missed out on a once in a life time oppurtunity, there will always be that sadness in me, the only comfort I have is that I tried to contribute in ways other than attending the rally.
But I am very glad that this turned out be such a resounding success.
IV ROCKS

U bet - but your support from the behind was great :)

MahaBharatGC
09-19-2007, 08:08 AM
All IV Greats,

I am very sorry for not able to make it as my whole family got sick since the weekend.
I am glad to here that so many volunteers and people showed up.....

Keep up the good work....

Sincerely

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 08:17 AM
All IV Greats,

I am very sorry for not able to make it as my whole family got sick since the weekend.
I am glad to here that so many volunteers and people showed up.....

Keep up the good work....

Sincerely

Not a problem - your support and encouragement is great

ingenix
09-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Thank you guys - u did a great great job

485_se_dukhi
09-19-2007, 08:29 AM
I was very impressed by the guy who sang the national anthem...who was he?? He was too good!!

And for all of Logiclife's detractors, you should have heard him speak yesterday!:) He is simply 3 good!:) he could have energized you, motivated you and prompted you to do more for our cause, by the way he spoke and what he spoke.

We're still talking about it at home and how good both of us felt to be a part of this movement. Can't wait to see more pix and videos!:)

needhelp!
09-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Camera battery still charging.. will upload some pics/videos soon :)

I was very impressed by the guy who sang the national anthem...who was he?? He was too good!!

And for all of Logiclife's detractors, you should have heard him speak yesterday!:) He is simply 3 good!:) he could have energized you, motivated you and prompted you to do more for our cause, by the way he spoke and what he spoke.

We're still talking about it at home and how good both of us felt to be a part of this movement. Can't wait to see more pix and videos!:)

Meenal
09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
I am proud of IV!
Yesterday, I felt proud to be part of a crowd that is so dedicated, selfless, hardworking, fearless, educated, discplined, understanding!!
Each one of you were an inspiration. I cannot thank you guys enough for all your effort.
Logic Life's speech was awesome. I wish he can post it here too, for people who missed it. Vandana....you are the rock star we need!
Franklin is full of energy!!!!!!!
People were thrilled to finally see/meet Aman. He deserves the respect he gets from IV members!
I could go on and on......I have so much to say! Will continue the story in my next post.

Thank you all, for helping me out with everything. We were like a family...looking out for each other. I really felt sad when I was coming back from D.C. Is there a way, all of us can stay there in the White House :)

Thanks once again,
Meenal

anilsal
09-19-2007, 09:34 AM
when I reached DC on Monday. Countless "Airborne" tabs in water during the day kept me going for the lawmaker meetings(I did 95% of the talking), the reception on Monday evening and the rally.

I cannot explain the experience felt at the rally. There were infants, small children and many many strollers. I took pictures of all of them (will upload during the day).

I was thrilled to meet "macaca". "guyfromsg" was awesome with his spirit all throughout. Chandu sported dark glasses and looked awesome and he was still charged to get more people to the rally.

It is very unfortunate that many of you just squandered such a great opportunity to be part of history. The 1500 numbers floating around is not true. There were more people than that. We will know soon from IV core.

Greg Siskind sported his IV TShirt and he was proud to be taking part in the rally. He spent a lot of time with IV.

"NeedHelp" came with her 3-4 year old daughter who is quite sweet and sat at the first row at the gathering on the lawns of the US Capitol.

shantak
09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
It was indeed a great experience, I was with another friend of mine yesterday and it was well organized and too good. It was great to see the faces of logiclife, pappu, macaca, chanduv23 and others.. it was indeed great. Kudos to all of you guys

rockstart
09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I wish to thank each and every one from IV team for their hard work and dedication. I sincerely pray that this rally will result in good news for all of us. Great job guys we are all proud of the rally.

gc_aspirant_prasad
09-19-2007, 10:06 AM
It was truly awesome. Got to talk to two congressmen - helped clarify differences between Legal v/s Illegal immigrants, H1 cap issues v/s GC issues, got almost half an hour at each office. Thanks IV for this opportunity, has helped me grow as a person.

rck4evr
09-19-2007, 10:30 AM
It was a great rally. Awesome job by the IV core team. It was very well organized. I thank all the IV core team members for that. I got to meet macaca and lots of other people.

Big round of applause to the CA members for showing up in such big numbers. I wished more people should have attended from the DC, NJ, MD and other neighboring states.

Overall it was a great day for IV !!!!

nandakumar
09-19-2007, 11:30 AM
The whole experience of the rally was really great, meeting the staffs of Congressmen/Congresswomen, IV core team, other volunteers and members, hearing the speeches of Congressmen and being a volunteer.

Rally was well organized and volunteers tirelessly worked all three days. Me and my wife are really proud for being part of this historic event and also proud for the participation of so many fellow CA members.

It would have been great if members from neighboring states have attended in big way.

niklshah
09-19-2007, 11:35 AM
it was a proud moment for me and my wife to attend the rally. I really felt that we are trying to make some differance. hats off to aman kapoor and whole core team who are putting their heart and soul even though they have green card already. salute to core team.....but as aman and logiclife said this is just beginning, real work starts now,we have to educate the people in power about differance in legan and illegal immigration. so people lets start spreading the message to the people whom we know and who are not active.

frankiesaysrelax
09-19-2007, 11:36 AM
.... was fantastic. With those numbers, it is not an easy task. The rally organizers made it look very easy. Smoooth.... I *Doff* to IV core and the organizers.

pankajkakkar
09-19-2007, 12:02 PM

Thank you 485_se_dukhi :) ... that was yours truly.

Jaime
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Thank you 485_se_dukhi :) ... that was yours truly.

Great job!!!

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 12:10 PM

He is a physician and flew all the way from WA state

franklin
09-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I am proud of IV!
Yesterday, I felt proud to be part of a crowd that is so dedicated, selfless, hardworking, fearless, educated, discplined, understanding!!
Each one of you were an inspiration. I cannot thank you guys enough for all your effort.
Logic Life's speech was awesome. I wish he can post it here too, for people who missed it. Vandana....you are the rock star we need!
Franklin is full of energy!!!!!!!
People were thrilled to finally see/meet Aman. He deserves the respect he gets from IV members!
I could go on and on......I have so much to say! Will continue the story in my next post.

Thank you all, for helping me out with everything. We were like a family...looking out for each other. I really felt sad when I was coming back from D.C. Is there a way, all of us can stay there in the White House :)

Thanks once again,
Meenal

"Full of energy"?!? Are you kidding me?!?

I was a complete slacker compared to our fearless leader, the drill sargent, the lost and found chap, the spine of organization ladies.

I barely kept it together! I strongly oppose :)

Just waiting for my flight back now - its been an experience of a life time. I have done things in the last 4 days I never thought I'd experience.

Congratulations to all who came!

The real work now begins and I'm sure there will be an update from Our Fearless Leader soon

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
He is a physician and flew all the way from WA state

Actually he works for ???? and not a physician - and flew all the way from Seattle - His name is Pankaj kakkar - correct me if I am wrong

jk333
09-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi IV core and Volunteers,

Thanks for the outstanding effort in organizing this rally.
Am really proud to be part of this community.

pappu
09-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Mighty proud of all members

1) Members who came for the rally.
2) Members who came for the lobby day
3) Members who volunteered on various action items before and during the rally.
4) local DC members who volunteered and opened their homes for members coming from other states.
5) Members who contributed. Without contributions, this rally would have been an unfulfilled dream.
6) Members who not only came themselves but got other people to come with them and tried to spread the word.
7) Members who will now use the positive energy and get more active in this effort

and finally we thank all the naysayers, non-contributers, unconcerned, anonymous anti-IV and anti-immigrants secretly coming to this site. You motivated us and we worked hard to prove you wrong. We are now much stronger because of you and we will be tasting much larger successes very soon.