PDA

View Full Version : Rally = BIG Success!!!

Jaime
09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I just came back from the rally to Dallas and sad to leave all my IV friends that I finally got to meet today! The rally was a very successful event and the positive energy was amazing! We come from many different places and are from different disciplines, but we share a common heart. A heart that beats for America, and we will not let that heart stop beating! The only option is victory now! We are well on our way, together!!!!

inskrish
09-18-2007, 09:48 PM
I just came back from the rally to Dallas and sad to leave all my IV friends that I finally got to meet today! The rally was a very successful event and the positive energy was amazing! We come from many different places and are from different disciplines, but we share a common heart. A heart that beats for America, and we will not let that heart stop beating! The only option is victory now! We are well on our way, together!!!!

Jaime,

Yes, I totally agree. We would like to thank you and everyone who made this amazing rally a very successful event.

Regards,
IK

reddymjm
09-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Good to Know.

ArunAntonio
09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
for IV. That was a stupendous success for such a young organisation of IV, without any godfathers to support us but by the sheer tenacity and dedication of IV members.. we will move from strength to strength...
GO IV

sumansk
09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Keep it up my friends and a BIG Sorry for me not able to join due to personal reasons.....:)

anand2007
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM

A big thank you to everyone who attended rally. Go IV.

nosightofgc
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Well, I also would like to reiterate that rally is a big success. But I felt that there should have been more members. I work for a company in VA and there are many people in the company, but that's only me and my colleague (that I pulled) showed up. Anyway this is just a start and I really appreciate IV for arranging such a successful rally. Go IV go....

ciber.couger
09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I went to the rally today. One person "looked drunk" was shouting at us to go back to our country, and a very old lady "90" in a tour bus, gave me a thump down. But never the less a lot of people cheered for us and honk thier horns to support us. I wished there was some clear and big sighn shows we are LEGAL here, not ILLEGAL. I bit a lot people didn't understand the diffrence including the senator who gave the speech.

Jaime
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
We had nearly 150 meetings with lawmakers!

Amazing job Macaca! It's going to pay off! This is the precise moment to push harder than ever, now that the rally was such a resounding success. We have their attention! We need to push hard together and we'll see victory, I am more conviced than ever!

frankiesaysrelax
09-18-2007, 10:26 PM
.... and it was great. The organization for the rally was very very good. However large or small, this rally and the meetings will make a difference.

Jaime
09-18-2007, 10:30 PM
.... and it was great. The organization for the rally was very very good. However large or small, this rally and the meetings will make a difference.

Hey frankie, wasn't the energy amazing? And you are right, the organization was flawless! People were even bringing you water bottles out of the blue all the time. There was so much camaraderie and the common goal was evident and united us even more!

newuser
09-18-2007, 10:36 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/legalimmigrationvoice

uslegals
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
I was there too..! Way to go IV..! Amazing coordination for RALLY.! I wanna say a big THANK YOU to the IV team & volunteers for organizing the event.! Abhijeet, pankaj, mark, etc..all the folks on the podium were awesome.! I'm truly proud to be a IVite.!!

mhathi
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
good job guys! I personally could not make it but
y wife was tbere and she told me it was a great event! Thanks to all who made it there!

smisachu
09-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I just drove back to Jersey from the rally.4 of us car pooled. Initally I thought the turnout was less, but it built up steadily and peaked around 2500 I think. Lot of guys joined us in their lunch time.
Overall I think it was a success. I was glad to go. I think the lobbying efforts were very important and all the members did a GREAT job. Three cheers for you guys.

However I register scorn on NJ/NY folks. You let us down. You streamed to doctors offices like ants to sugar when the dates became current, but so many of you did not have the Ba$$s to come to DC. The amount of immigrants in this region should justify filling 20 busses, but the two that were arranged were half empty. More than 50 people flew in from California and you guys couldn't drive 4 hours to go to DC..What a shame!!:mad:

I hope you guys join the rest of us active members from tri-State more dilligently in future IV efforts.

485_se_dukhi
09-18-2007, 11:31 PM
My husband and I attended the rally today with our 11 month old. It was extremely well organized. Kudos to the core team and everybody else who worked on this tirelessly.

It was a GREAT experience and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. There was a good turnout...I would say 2000-3000+ people...but I didn't count exactly...all I can say with authority is that there was a huge line in front of us and a seemingly unending line behind us.. :)

All the people I met were so committed to our cause and it was refreshing talking to them and exchanging views with them.

We heard Aman, Jay, Mark, Dr Gupta etc speak. All of them were VERY good speakers and could move the crowd.

There were lots of media people present so sooner or later more reports are going to come in I suppose.

We also got the chance to meet the Deputy to the Congresswoman of our district. We talked to him about the GC situation for nearly 30 mins. Btw, he mentioned that this was the FIRST time he was meeting people related to **legal** immigration and that he had met several delegations in the recent past who were representing the interests of the "other" form of immigration.

So, I think the fact that all of us were able to get in front of our representatives and were able to personally tell them our stories (and to bring out the distinction between legal and illegal immigration) is itself worth the trip to DC.

gcgonewild
09-18-2007, 11:37 PM
It was a great show!!
I'm very proud to be part of the rally.

vkallank
09-18-2007, 11:49 PM
this is first time i have attended a rally. it was a great experience. our members have educated quite a few DC visitors / American citizens about our problems during the trip from Washington monument - capitol hill. handing over roses to pedestrians also was a nice idea. who ever came up with the idea it was great!

i feel as if i have come out of the closet and fulfilled certain responsibilities. thanks to all the volunteers/marshals at the rally.

a special thanks to the IV members for providing the necessary directions / tips with Washington DC commute. that was helpful.

in the coming months we should see the results of this rally. i have no doubt about it.

kudos to all at IV.

vaccine
09-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Rally was really great but shame to those people who are ready to pay AP, EAD fee every year for next few year but did not contributed in any way to sept 18 rally. I know few of them, although they visit immigrationvoice.org everyday. GREAT JOB IV CORE.

natrajs
09-19-2007, 12:01 AM
We had nearly 150 meetings with lawmakers!

I met two congressmen today after Rally

Thanks to all

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Good job guys - and yes - I was happy to meet u all - Macaca, paskal, nilufor,
vijayanandan, tamsen, jazzbythe bbay, abhijeet, pappu , jay, aman, all core people, janilsal

Jaime - I was looking for u , could not find you in the huge crowd :(

sam2006
09-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Welcome back Chandu garu
Thanks a lot for all the great effort !!!

Good job guys - and yes - I was happy to meet u all - Macaca, paskal, nilufor,
vijayanandan, tamsen, jazzbythe bbay, abhijeet, pappu , jay, aman, all core people, janilsal

Jaime - I was looking for u , could not find you in the huge crowd :(

paruchuribros
09-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Even I attended the rally. Also pulled one of my friend from his office to attend the rally:)

chanduv23
09-19-2007, 12:24 AM
By the way

If you are wondering

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7680208058920417580

That was me behind Jay Pradhan waving the flag :)

sam2006
09-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Any way to identify the other HEROS of the Rally ?;)

We are eager to look at them

thanks

needhelp!
09-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Thank You IV for doing this for us.
It was great to see the positive response from staff members of congressmen that we visited, not one of them opposed the idea of reform to this process.
I've had the time of my life at this event. I almost feel guilty for having all the fun that I did in the past three days, and a bit sad to leave my new family. IV simply rocks!!!

little_willy
09-19-2007, 12:52 AM
I was there and am proud to be part of such dedicated individuals. It was great to catch up with Aman, pappu, logiclife etc. Most of the congressmen's office I met were of the view that it is high time we come out in open and fight for our cause. One legal aide explained me how ignorant most of the lawmakers are when it comes to legal vs illegal immigrants. This rally will be an eyeopener for few of them for sure.

Those who missed, I can assure you that Immigration voice is moving in the right direction. With a leader like Aman and unrelenting individuals like Jay(logiclife) and Himanshu(pappu), we can hope to achieve great things.

For individuals who had to excuse themselves from the rally or from any contribution, my question is, when the high profile attorneys and lawmakers believe that we can make a huge impact, why, you being the beneficiary of the very cause and were able to file 485 because of IV's efforts, fail to understand that we could make a difference. It is high time you participate in this effort.

texcan
09-19-2007, 01:19 AM
IV Friends

Congratulations on success of rally. this was a huge success.
I could not come in person to rally due to personal reasons,
but our wishes were with us all.

Fantastic job done. This event will go as a huge success in annals of history.

The rally was a start, with so much energy for a true cause lets pump some more steam in our efforts.
Now is the our duty who did not get to attend the rally to give IV Rally heros some rest, and take on work for next steps.

IV Rally Heros, kudos to you all.

wolfpok
09-19-2007, 01:37 AM
back from awesome 2k people IV rally in DC! Great to see people stand up and exercise their right to protest.

...and more importantly, great behind the scenes work by IV. I think a lot of real work got done this week, talking to congressmen and their aides.

Bus from NC had 38 people. Good job NC folks! :-)

pok

fundo14
09-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Just got back to CT from today's rally. Thanks to IV for organizing such an event. I feel honoured to be a part of IV.

sen_raju
09-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Just got back to Orlando...The rally was a huge success!!!
Great job IV!!!!

eb3retro
09-19-2007, 02:12 AM
I just came back from Rally..Really an excellently organized one. I am from California, and it was good to see people from all parts of the country. What an energy. Its good feeling for myself, that I was able to put a drop of water atleast, in the ocean of problems that we have in this GC mess. My special kudos to those who came with children. You guys make an excellent example for those lazy people ( yes you heard me right) who could have come (you know who you are), but did not make it. (no offense to those who really had some prior commitments or genuine reasons for not attending).