PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide March for Immigration reform

mayhemt
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
'Reform Immigration for America' is organizing nationwide March for Immigration reform in all major cities on May 1. Although I am not affiliated with this organization, I think we have similar goals towards immigration reform.

We March for America! « May 1 March « Reform Immigration For America (http://reformimmigrationforamerica.org/blog/march-index/)

IV Members,
Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention..
I guess theres nothing to lose by joining this march, may be couple of hours & couple of gallons of gas... (Its on weekend and no travel/accomodation worries like DC rally). I am planning to join the one in Dallas, TX. I hope to see atleast some folks there..

Find a March « May 1 March « Reform Immigration For America (http://reformimmigrationforamerica.org/blog/find-a-march/)

i4u
04-20-2010, 08:46 AM
What is IV team's take on marching with this group? Should IV members join in?

Want to know the strategies.........

eastindia
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I am contacting them and will march with them. If undocumented get a bill, our bill will come automatically. We should be supporting them. If we support them they will also support us. With their support we can get our bill. If we try to do a rally for ourselves the so called educated people on H1B and EAD will not come. They will rather spend time driving in their nice car to Disney or eat out in a fancy restaurant. So I believe we need to side with undocumented and help them to help ourselves.

bikram_das_in
04-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Immigration reform is for all.....

1) Path to citizenship for undocumented workers
2) Relief to backlogged EB/FB immigration - pork for us
3) Foolproof border security and enforcement of immigration law - pork for Antis

So it's a win win for everybody. We should support this march and show our solidarity to CIR.

rockrocky
04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
I am contacting them and will march with them. If undocumented get a bill, our bill will come automatically. We should be supporting them. If we support them they will also support us. With their support we can get our bill. If we try to do a rally for ourselves the so called educated people on H1B and EAD will not come. They will rather spend time driving in their nice car to Disney or eat out in a fancy restaurant. So I believe we need to side with undocumented and help them to help ourselves.

I like the way you put it. Help them to help ourselves.

I will join them too.

imh1b
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Immigration reform is for all.....

1) Path to citizenship for undocumented workers
2) Relief to backlogged EB/FB immigration - pork for us
3) Foolproof border security and enforcement of immigration law - pork for Antis

So it's a win win for everybody. We should support this march and show our solidarity to CIR.

Any latest news on CIR?

sanju_dba
04-20-2010, 11:25 AM
I donot encourage IV'ans to participate in this march.
It means Join hands with Illegals for noreason.
No matter "how" loud / "what" you scream in this march it will be heard as "give amnesty".

bikram_das_in
04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
One may choose to sleepwalk with this complex (superiority?) that I am not one of them, but the reality on the ground is different. Our cause is hostage to bitter politics and guess what the only way at this point in time we can possibly achieve our goal by playing the politics right.

BTW in politics right or wrong is rarely a consideration.

I donot encourage IV'ans to participate in this march.
It means Join hands with Illegals for noreason.
No matter "how" loud / "what" you scream in this march it will be heard as "give amnesty".

sanju_dba
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM

...thats enough to see a sleepwalker!

whattodo21
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
the question is when we march with them, will we be marching for amnesty or for our issues. If we are marching for our issues, where, when and who will we be making this case to? I don't consider myself better than the undocumented, but I would like to know will I have a voice?

One may choose to sleepwalk with this complex (superiority?) that I am not one of them, but the reality on the ground is different. Our cause is hostage to bitter politics and guess what the only way at this point in time we can possibly achieve our goal by playing the politics right.

mayhemt
04-20-2010, 07:33 PM
For all the critiques against this march....
Remember, this march is for pushing lawmakers to 'take up comprehensive immigration reform'. This is not for granting immediate amnesty to undocumented/illegals.

If you are waiting for exclusive reform on H1B/EB3-I/EB2-I instant-green-card-welcoming kit, well, good luck in your shell for another 1000 years. Why not join hands with another group for a similar & bigger goal? Like I said in my initial post, there's nothing to lose... Consider it. Its a 'I scratch your back, you scratch my back' thing..

With a lot of media attention, they finally might take it up seriously before another year is wasted.

From Why March? « May 1 March « Reform Immigration For America (http://reformimmigrationforamerica.org/blog/why-march/) ..

Our broken immigration system hurts millions of families across America. It keeps workers under the exploitative heel of employers, pitting workers against each other when we could be united to move our economy forward. It keeps men, women, and children living in fear of raids, detainment, and deportation. Every day that our government doesn’t pass immigration reform, the fabric of America is unraveled, and the American dream is deferred.

Our leaders’ promises are meaningless if they don’t turn their rhetoric into concrete actions and legislation. President Obama, Congress, and the bureaucracy in Washington DC have not delivered the action America needs. We’re marching on May 1st to show them, and the world, that we’re not going to let them get away with it.

Student with no hopes
04-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Our leaders’ promises are meaningless if they don’t turn their rhetoric into concrete actions and legislation. President Obama, Congress, and the bureaucracy in Washington DC have not delivered the action America needs. We’re marching on May 1st to show them, and the world, that we’re not going to let them get away with it.

VERY TRUE! These politicians need to be held accountable for their talks and no actions, and if this march is going to help in that direction, then we should do it.