PDA

View Full Version : Rally?

i4u
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
should we have a rally in the state capitals where many of our legal immigrants reside? the latino group organizes such things - maybe we should do it too? any thoughts?

satyasrd
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
We should absolutely do it !
We should increase awareness about our plight in this country.

Pappu, is this something IV can help us out with ?

Thanks

Rb_newsletter
04-15-2010, 08:23 PM
should we have a rally in the state capitals where many of our legal immigrants reside? the latino group organizes such things - maybe we should do it too? any thoughts?

To start with we can do whatever is helpful to us. So lets think little more to find if thats going to help us. After spending effort, money and valuable time, what if you find thats not going to help us.

:confused:(I am just thinking loud).....OK let us see some step-by-step executions

Step-1: Gather IV members and do rallies at multiple cities.
Step-2: Some key person _________ is going to notice the effort and change the law.
Step-3: Based on the law USCIS is going to issue the GC.
Step-4: happily live forever.

Practically step-2 can happen only in dreams. To make change in law we need to go thru advocacy efforts. oops we missed advocacy efforts in our steps. Ok where can we insert advocacy effort? If advocacy is causing the law change, then why do we need step-1? may be step-1 causes public awareness. Will public awareness help us in any way? ......

i4u
04-16-2010, 01:57 PM
we cannot definitely leave the advocacy efforts..........that is totally given.

rallies are a lot of effort, and co-ordination, but it is an easy way to get the attention of the media.

but if the poll results are accounted, we can barely make a splash in the evening newspaper if there was one!

amitjoey
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Not being pessimitic - JUST a REALITY CHECK.

I live in one of the state capitals and I was trying to gather members to go meet a house representative. I had already been to their office and made a power point presentation. I wanted to have some more members go with me for a follow up - second time to show that there are lot more people being affected.
no luck. no one was interested.
If members cannot take just 20-30 minutes of their time to go visit their local reps office, Will they drive/fly out to a state capital for a rally?.