PDA

View Full Version : When toddlers can rally for you - you can definitely come

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
It is amazing that these little toddlers are coming to the rally - JUST SHOWS HOW MUCH BRAVE THEY ARE - THESE TODDLERS ARE FIGHTING FOR YOU - YES FOR YOU

LETS ALL SUPPORT THESE LITTLE HEROES AND SHOW THEN THAT WE RESPECT THEIR EFFORT

TRI STATE AND DC AREA PEOPLE - YOU MUST ALL COME TO THE RALLY

gc_aspirant_prasad
09-16-2007, 10:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BUMP
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for making up your mind & showing up in DC on Sept 18. You ll thank yourself later !

buddyinus
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
It is amazing that these little toddlers are coming to the rally - JUST SHOWS HOW MUCH BRAVE THEY ARE - THESE TODDLERS ARE FIGHTING FOR YOU - YES FOR YOU

LETS ALL SUPPORT THESE LITTLE HEROES AND SHOW THEN THAT WE RESPECT THEIR EFFORT

TRI STATE AND DC AREA PEOPLE - YOU MUST ALL COME TO THE RALLY

Chandu, I know u r charged up. Lemme say this. I was a supporter of the rally. After listening to the interview I think there r several questions that IV needs to answer.

First of all...Toddlers r toddlers. Do they really understand the abcd of what v r doing and why? For them, its just a trip to DC :D.

On a serious note, LogicLife's answers to the interview was completely baseless. If the US dont wanna give away GCs, then they shud stop immigrants flowing into this country. This was his first argument. Just think about it. Coming from a spokesperson....how Illogical is this statement. He simply seems to have forgotten that H1B is a nonimmigrant visa and GC is an immigrant status. When he says they shud stop immigrants from entering this country he means non-immigrants coming on visas like H1B who have told the US authorities before stamping that they DONT intend to IMMIGRATE. Why shud US stop any talent coming into this country in the form of non-immigrant visas? A very illogical argument coming from a spokes person has made me (and I'm sure several others) wonder if IV is doing the right thing by hosting a Rally in DC. If the spokesperson answers similarly even to the authorities (if asked the same question), they'd laugh at him. I'm now beginning to feel that v dont have a valid argument - this whole rally thing can have a negative impact on us - Just my point of view. Sorry if I've hurt anybody. But the truth of the matter is...v need very good arguments to questions like this. I dont wanna be a toddler in the rally by blindly participating. Give me one good reason why US shud increase the %age of GCs?

Jaime
09-16-2007, 11:16 PM
bump

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Chandu, I know u r charged up. Lemme say this. I was a supporter of the rally. After listening to the interview I think there r several questions that IV needs to answer.

First of all...Toddlers r toddlers. Do they really understand the abcd of what v r doing and why? For them, its just a trip to DC :D.

On a serious note, LogicLife's answers to the interview was completely baseless. If the US dont wanna give away GCs, then they shud stop immigrants flowing into this country. This was his first argument. Just think about it. Coming from a spokesperson....how Illogical is this statement. He simply seems to have forgotten that H1B is a nonimmigrant visa and GC is an immigrant status. When he says they shud stop immigrants from entering this country he means non-immigrants coming on visas like H1B who have told the US authorities before stamping that they DONT intend to IMMIGRATE. Why shud US stop any talent coming into this country in the form of non-immigrant visas? A very illogical argument coming from a spokes person has made me (and I'm sure several others) wonder if IV is doing the right thing by hosting a Rally in DC. If the spokesperson answers similarly even to the authorities (if asked the same question), they'd laugh at him. I'm now beginning to feel that v dont have a valid argument - this whole rally thing can have a negative impact on us - Just my point of view. Sorry if I've hurt anybody. But the truth of the matter is...v need very good arguments to questions like this. I dont wanna be a toddler in the rally by blindly participating. Give me one good reason why US shud increase the %age of GCs?

The interviewer was more of a Lou Dobbs kind of person - he is more of the shutting the door behind u kind of guy. All these peope have the same attitude - shut the door behind u.

We are addressing excessive delays and retrogression here. And we want to see results here. Such a thing never happened in past because the system was designed for those days, but now things have changed, it is a rapidly changing and evolving world and changes have to be adopted.

How can major changes come? Yes, only grassroots movements can bring in changes - these are evry effective and everyone must participate to make it successful.

Logiclife can deal with intelligent people who can have a good discussion, but here he is dealing with an anti immigrant who just wants to shut the door behind u

Yes toddlers are brave heroes and you are not - you want to blame the organization as a coverup for your unwillingness to come for the rally.

english_august
09-17-2007, 12:18 AM
A very illogical argument coming from a spokes person has made me (and I'm sure several others) wonder if IV is doing the right thing by hosting a Rally in DC. If the spokesperson answers similarly even to the authorities (if asked the same question), they'd laugh at him. I'm now beginning to feel that v dont have a valid argument - this whole rally thing can have a negative impact on us - Just my point of view.

So an IV spokesperson valiantly tries to counter a deeply skeptic person and you are using this as an excuse to bash IV?

Sure, IV has had a lot of negative impact on immigrants right? Will you count the reversal of the USCIS decision that allowed thousands of people on this forum as a negative as well? How about the fact that for the first time ever, issues of legal, skilled immigrants are being presented in such an organized manner?

There are some very committed and dedicated people working on our behalf in Washington DC right now (http://dcrally.blogspot.com/) - it is very easy to point out flaws, very difficult to get something done constructively. I am not asking you to have blind faith in whatever IV's leadership does or says, I am only asking you to judge on the past efforts and performances which have been pretty impressive. And then I ask you to become a more active member and help us guide this movement. IV is not an abstract organization - it is you and me.

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 01:10 AM
As we get closer to the judgement day - we see more and more toddlers signing up

THIS IS AMAZING AND IS SOMETHING ALL THOSE NAYSAYERS WILL MISS AND REPENT

lost_in_migration
09-17-2007, 01:22 AM
buddyinus this could be a better and politically more correct answer to the question that why Employment-based Green Cards quota should be increased.

US GDP growth rate is 3.2% which is less as compared to China or India but due to the sheer size of the economy($13.1 trillion in 2006) this small growth rate is much more in magnitude. When economy grows the job market grows as well. Most of the jobs that high skilled immigrants fill are permanent in nature but the non-immigrant visas they use allow them to stay here only for 6 years. So if you consider the example of H1B visa with the quota of 65,000 per year then 65,000 non-immigrants would get added to the US workforce that year. In the next 6 yrs 65000*6=390,000 high skilled immigrants would get added to the US workforce. If there were no Employment-based GCs available then there is no increase in the non-indigenous workforce as the 65000 high skilled immigrants that came in the first year will have to leave back to their country. This would stagnate the growth of US workforce. Employment-based GCs provides a way for these people to get permanently injected in the US workforce.

Today the Employment-based GC quota is 140,000 per year. If you leave apart the dependents (assuming 1 dependent per primary applicant) then at the maximum only 70,000 primary applicant would get permanent residence per year. Now H1 has a limit of 65,000 which businesses are asking to increase to 115,000 and then increase it further to 180,000 depending on the demand. On top of this there is J1, L1 (which has no quota) and other kinds of non-immigrants work permits. RNs also take their share from these 140,000 visa. As you see the ratio of non-immigrant to immigrant visas is highly disproportionate!! The limit of 140,000 came from a pre-IT boom era. Clinton administration increased the number on non-immigrant visas but the number on immigrant visa remained untouched:( All these factors exert a high pressure on the EB GC category in the way of backlogs. On top of that there is no provision in the already antiquated quota limits to absorb the growth of the huge US economy.

Hence I think the EB GC quota needs a periodic upward revision just like the H1B quota revision that the US businesses are demanding for.

I heard the interview recording. buddyinus, I do agree with you that we need a better explanation for the EB GC quota increase when we face our critics who will ask us this question, but I don't want to throw that as an EXCUSE for not attending the rally. I WILL STILL ATTEND THE RALLY AT DC. I'll attend the rally because I think it is the right thing to do.

Other IVs, In the statements mentioned above I've made a honest attempt to provide a politically correct explanation from an US economy point of view. Please feel free to correct and/or add to this explanation. We must have strong logic based answers to silence our most severe critics.

gcpadmavyuh
09-17-2007, 01:58 AM
|\/|\/|\/|\/

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 07:54 AM
^^^^^^^^^

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Come on folks - lets support our brave kids - lets compliment their efforts for us

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 12:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 02:39 PM
You still have a chance

Lets all support these children and make it to the rally

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Numbers are changing

People are moving away from screens and coming to DC !!!

Thank You Everyone for acting

Yes - they prep up fast - gotta prepare their kids and spouses - food, milk etc....

Yes - chhanging - yes all these brave people

EVERYONE TO DC

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^