PDA

View Full Version : Is Selfishness stopping you from going to DC

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Looks like a lot of folks have this attitude, why must I bother when others are doing it for me?

This is your struggle - IV is a grassroots organization which means YOU AND ME. IV is you and you are IV.

If you don't come forward - things won't change for you.

America does not recognize selfish and lazy people

So act right now and start going to DC

little_willy
09-15-2007, 11:20 AM
“This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making yo”

cool_desi_gc
09-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Chandu,

Chill out...If people are not coming that doesnt mean they have an ego or selfishness.This is a huge country and people stay accorss the country.They have their own priorities on that date.If there is anything that people hate about about IV is the attitude like u people.

I am not coming to the rally but i fully support IV's efforts.I know quite a few people who stopped coming to this site just to avoid comments like this from members like you.

lost_in_migration
09-15-2007, 12:24 PM
What Chandu is doing is opening one thread each for every reason that people don't want to come to DC. Selfishness is one of the very relevant reasons for a number of people who are not coming. Some people would act only and only if the action is directly benefiting them. They just don't understand the concept of Common Good. I knew a few people around me with that attitude. I tried hard to convince them to join the rally but these people just won't budge:( They say have their "Own Priorities". These same people took days and one fellow took a week off for filing 485 when the dates were current. He took a week off when he had a production release the same week!! For 485 filing he knew if HAS to take action or else things won't work for him. But when I talk about DC rally he just laughs at me as if I'm talking something ridiculous. Yesterday on EBC radio Jay Pradhan (logiclife) said that he is expecting 3000-5000 people. That is not even 2% of the approx. 300,000 applications filed for 485 in the last few months!! I had a presentation on 18th Sep to be given to a few Director level people but I still asked for a leave on the same day. My leave was granted and the presentation was pre-poned to 17th Sep. Where there is a WILL God creates a WAY. The guy who took a week off for filing 485 had the WILL to do so hence he found WAY to file AoS but he is unable to find a WAY to DC even thou' the Tri-state bus is having a stop at 3-4 miles from his house:(
There is a big difference between a rally of 300 people and 30,000 people as one caller hoped for in yesterday's EBC radio interview. But for that all of us have to keep our "Own Priorities" off just for ONE day and help IV towards this goal of Common Good.

singam
09-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Filing AOS is not the end of the story. Few folks turning up for the Rally won't bring any big change. Join us in our common goal.

satishku_2000
09-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I think in my case I had to cancel the plans as I have FP appointment on same date.

Jaime
09-15-2007, 03:10 PM
bump

Jaime
09-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Filing AOS is not the end of the story. Few folks turning up for the Rally won't bring any big change. Join us in our common goal.

Unless we all show up in DC and tell Congress of our plight and as them to fix t!!!

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 04:45 PM
What Chandu is doing is opening one thread each for every reason that people don't want to come to DC. Selfishness is one of the very relevant reasons for a number of people who are not coming. Some people would act only and only if the action is directly benefiting them. They just don't understand the concept of Common Good. I knew a few people around me with that attitude. I tried hard to convince them to join the rally but these people just won't budge:( They say have their "Own Priorities". These same people took days and one fellow took a week off for filing 485 when the dates were current. He took a week off when he had a production release the same week!! For 485 filing he knew if HAS to take action or else things won't work for him. But when I talk about DC rally he just laughs at me as if I'm talking something ridiculous. Yesterday on EBC radio Jay Pradhan (logiclife) said that he is expecting 3000-5000 people. That is not even 2% of the approx. 300,000 applications filed for 485 in the last few months!! I had a presentation on 18th Sep to be given to a few Director level people but I still asked for a leave on the same day. My leave was granted and the presentation was pre-poned to 17th Sep. Where there is a WILL God creates a WAY. The guy who took a week off for filing 485 had the WILL to do so hence he found WAY to file AoS but he is unable to find a WAY to DC even thou' the Tri-state bus is having a stop at 3-4 miles from his house:(
There is a big difference between a rally of 300 people and 30,000 people as one caller hoped for in yesterday's EBC radio interview. But for that all of us have to keep our "Own Priorities" off just for ONE day and help IV towards this goal of Common Good.

Well said - 300K applications in July - shows the madness. Tracking reciept notices and not bothering about some common good shows it all.

Prior to July - I tried reaching out to a lot of people and told them about IV, no one would pay attention to me, in July when the fiasco occured - my phone lines were jammed with silliest of questions - people logged onto IV in massive numbers.

When logiclife asked people to send thank you cards - how many people sent????
ISN'T IT SELFISHNESS

How many are actively contributing? There are so many free riders - this organization is driven by people and passion and I am sorry "THERE IS NO ROOM FOR SELFISH PEOPLE" if this thread drives them out - then yes - they are out because they are selfish.

This organization is driven by passion and and by people who want to do something contructive - this has evolved over time.

For a lot of people - this seems to be a joke.

Do you all know what is going on in this organization??? What you see on the website is only 5%, IV is not a website - I REPEAT IV IS NOT A WEBSITE - it is an organization driven by highly motivated people for a cause.

People will come - they will definitely come - they will come by passion - they will come because they believe in themselves - because they believe in good faith.

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Bump

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
FOLLOW YOUR HEART

THE BEAUTY OF HUMAN HEART IS - HEART IS ALWAYS PURE - IT IS ONLY YOUR MIND THAT CORRUPTS IT - THATS WHY BLESSED PEOPLE ARE TO BE KNOWN TO HAVE A PURE HEART.

FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND MAKE UP YOUR MIND

sam_i02
09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
^^^ lets do it gang. lets overwhelm the IV core group by showing up in HUGE numbers.... bring family + freinds with you while you are at it!

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, bring everyone to DC - Lets show our faces - enough of living in shadows.

Large numbers is the key here and we need to get large numbers.

Tri State area members must must must come.

DC no excuse

Unless the numbers are phenomenal - Major media will not be interested.

Rallies are so common in DC that the reporters will not show any interest if numbers are very low

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Chandu,

Chill out...If people are not coming that doesnt mean they have an ego or selfishness.This is a huge country and people stay accorss the country.They have their own priorities on that date.If there is anything that people hate about about IV is the attitude like u people.

I am not coming to the rally but i fully support IV's efforts.I know quite a few people who stopped coming to this site just to avoid comments like this from members like you.

Show your support - yes, show your support to IV - come to the rally - this is top priority.

THIS IS THE TIME TO SHOW SUPPORT

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I know quite a few people who stopped coming to this site just to avoid comments like this from members like you.

And why r u speaking on behalf of them? Can't they speak for themselves?

andy_8214
09-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Good Chandu ...go to DC and get my GC. While you are at it grab me some chips and soda from the store. I just love it when people do work from me when i sit on the couch.

leo2606
09-15-2007, 09:03 PM
andy,

You are saying chandu opened 4 threads for the same topic.And you are saying he got lot of free time in his hand.Other side you are trcking all his threads, what should we say about it?Looks like you also have lot of free time, try to come to DC rally please.

ps57002
09-15-2007, 09:52 PM
andy,

You are saying chandu opened 4 threads for the same topic.And you are saying he got lot of free time in his hand.Other side you are trcking all his threads, what should we say about it?Looks like you also have lot of free time, try to come to DC rally please.

well said :)

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Good Chandu ...go to DC and get my GC. While you are at it grab me some chips and soda from the store. I just love it when people do work from me when i sit on the couch.

Will do anything for u -

WE NEED NUMBERS PLEASE COME TO THE RALLY AND JOIN US - THIS IS A PLEA TO THE COMMUNITY

And if you want to know more about what I do with my time

(1) Talk to my wife
(2) Talk to my client manager
(3) Talk to my employer
(4) Talk to my lawyer
(5) Talk to my little baby (not yet born)

All these people are supportive and are cooperating with me - they understand what I am doing

I have been spending sleepless nights - regrouped priorities

Jusr not me but so many people are working EXTREMELY HARD i repeat EXTREMELY HARD, behind this.

KUDOS TO ALL THE HEROS

anilsal
09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
negative comment on what chandu is posting or saying.

He is doing a lot for IV in the tri-state region and what he is trying to tell everyone (on the fence between attending the rally and dousing oneself in an unhealthy pool of selfishness, jitters or mockery) is to do the right thing. Participate in the rally because that is a clear indication of your support for IV.

If you are on the wrong side of the fence,
a) you can have some chips, soda - maybe watch a 'chick flick'
b) cry for your mama
c) ponder over your ex-infatuations which never materialized because you did not take the first step

Now for Chandu, macaca, Jaime, myself and a whole bunch of others, we will witness, experience an unprecedented historic event.

We will not remember how much we spent to get to DC after 5 years, 10 years - but we will REMEMBER that we attended a rally and met new like minded friends with whom we will be in constant touch.

:D

cool_desi_gc
09-15-2007, 11:30 PM
// And why r u speaking on behalf of them? Can't they speak for themselves?

Everone has much better things to do other than answering you.Thats it...though i support IV and its efforts...i am never logging into this site.If you are saying that if people are not coming to the rally are selfish...u have some serious problems..you have no right to call them selfish.

Jaime
09-16-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm not from India but I believe in Karma. We create our own future through our actions. If we perform a good action today we can expect a good result. That is why it is so important that the undecided people attend the rally!

Think of retrogression as Sansara. A vicious circle. It is only by acting and creating our own Karma that we will get out of Maya and see reality. Our gren cards will not fall from the sky, we have to go get them! By not going to Washington and assuming that your green card will suddenly appear out of nowhere, you are proving to yourself that you are stuck in some sort of immigration avidya.

We need to act with selflessness as in Karma Yoga, so that we can understand how our unity will bring the results we seek, to all of us.

Remember Arjuna when he realizes before the battle that his enemies are his own family. We at IV should not be our own enemies by not attending the rally, because we all know what Krishna told Arjuna: "Your duty is to fight"

Instead of hurting each other, we need to use karma and our friendship for each other to unite in our common cause and fight. Remember, our duty is to fight, it is our choice then to fight against each other (by not attending the rally and letting others do it) or fight all together, united against retrogression, and create the good Karma that will ultimately defeat the broken immigration system.

We all are family! Let's fight together friends!!! Come JOIN US IN DC!!!!

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 12:06 AM

Everone has much better things to do other than answering you.Thats it...though i support IV and its efforts...i am never logging into this site.If you are saying that if people are not coming to the rally are selfish...u have some serious problems..you have no right to call them selfish.

This exercise needs numbers and we need you there in DC.

This rally is strategically planned.

You may not be selfish - but many are, they are lazy, selfish, have a lot of self pride

It is difficult to make up mind for doing something for a common cause especially if you do not have that habit - but there is not time to debate - we need you - we need everyone there

JazzByTheBay
09-16-2007, 12:22 AM
... but if it can motivate you into action, that'll be a good thing.

http://morejazzbythebay.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sanjoserallybnr4-2.jpg

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!
(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com (http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com/))

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/20/99/22609920.jpg

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

little_willy
09-16-2007, 12:46 AM
“Every day I live I am more convinced that the waste of life lies in the powers we have not used, the selfish prudence that will risk nothing and which, shirking pain, misses happiness as well.”

pappu
09-16-2007, 01:48 AM
I think in my case I had to cancel the plans as I have FP appointment on same date.

you can change FP date very easily.

buddyinus
09-16-2007, 04:42 AM
DC Calling...http://webpages.csus.edu/~am243/srk.jpg

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 10:52 AM
DC Calling...http://webpages.csus.edu/~am243/srk.jpg

And what is the significance of the person in this image "'Shah Rukh Khan" - he is a great bollywood actor - who worked hard and stood up for himself.

siravi
09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
cool_desi_gc: It seems obvious that Chandu's intention is to motivate those who remain undecided and yet unwilling to share what their hesitations may be. Look at it positively, why would one want to turn people off a very sincere, grass-roots effort? It'd indeed be unfortunate if people stopped looking at IV because of misinterpreted readings. But you probably don't speak for everyone else. And I sincerely don't believe people are going to be turned off IV-- It has been a very legit, reliable source of information and people run to IV to get the most latest, recent news.
andy_8214, how about joining some voluntary efforts instead of counting the number of threads and ordering chips and soda from people who are working hard at making a difference for you?

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
cool_desi_gc: It seems obvious that Chandu's intention is to motivate those who remain undecided and yet unwilling to share what their hesitations may be. Look at it positively, why would one want to turn people off a very sincere, grass-roots effort? It'd indeed be unfortunate if people stopped looking at IV because of misinterpreted readings. But you probably don't speak for everyone else. And I sincerely don't believe people are going to be turned off IV-- It has been a very legit, reliable source of information and people run to IV to get the most latest, recent news.
andy_8214, how about joining some voluntary efforts instead of counting the number of threads and ordering chips and soda from people who are working hard at making a difference for you?

This person andy seems to be someone known to us who thinks he is hiding behind anonymity.

No one will stop coming to IV. Everyone wants to come to IV because they know what IV is - everyone knows the importance of IV, the only issue here is the fact that we do so much here, people are taking this for granted

I don't mind if people hate me or are angry with me with what I say or do.

I want all those people who take us for granted to realise what they are doing to hurt IVs cause and inturn hurting their own cause

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Lets all now decide and act - this is our only opportunity - we need you all - lets stop hurting each other and lets all unite

Lets support the kids who are rallying for us.

LET ALL OF US GO TO THE RALLY - YES ALL OF US

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 07:22 PM
^^^^^^