PDA

View Full Version : To attend the rally - I canceled a business meeting - employer didn't like it

Jaime
09-14-2007, 06:25 PM
To attend the rally:

1- I canceled a business meeting - employer didn't like it
2- I moved business travel around the rally, my boss also had to reschedule
3- I am flying in from Texas

Those of us near Washington, it will be so much easier than this for you to make it! Just get in your car or the train and go to DC for the day!

WE REALLY REALLY NEED YOU!!! THIS IS NO JOKE GUYS!!!! PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND ATTEND, YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID! ALREADY WE HAVE SOME GOOD PRESS BUZZ AND ARE BACKED BY HIGHER-UPS LIKE THE GOVERNORS AND SEN. CORNYN WITH HIS LATEST LEGISLATION. NOW ALL WE NEED IS YOU!!!!! PLEASE JOIN US!!!! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID AND WE WILL SUCCEED TOGETHER!!! LET'S GO GUYS! THIS WILL BE HISTORIC!!!!

anilsal
09-14-2007, 06:30 PM
when someone working in DC, VA, MD etc says that they will try to make it to the rally because it is on a working day. Come on, give us a break because multiple people are flying from the west coast.

Move your a$$ and get to the rally. You have made enough ruses about not being able to attend the rally.

It makes no sense for you to be the beneficiary of someone else's sweat(in getting legislation passed).

Now show some spine and attend the rally. :)

:D

alterego
09-14-2007, 07:06 PM
People need to understand that there are some legislators who might want to push legislation favorable to us. They can only do it if they can convince other legislators who are on the fence that:

1) A lot of good people are affected by this. (legal,peaceful,high skilled etc) The crowd there(YOU) on Tuesday will speak to this.

2) They mean business, if we do not act they might leave and we need to act NOW to keep them here.(if many thousands of them can come from all parts of the country, they must be serious)

3) These guys have the support of their employers.(they got/took/were allowed time off from work)

Now in these points, can you see how a friendly lawmaker can use a big successful march to convince his colleagues? This will be like a massive tonic to all the lobbying IV has been doing behind the scenes.
Last year when hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants took to the streets did you see the impact on legislators? One big difference here is we are legal. That will leave a more powerful impact if it is big.

This is a small price to pay, and it will help you tremendously to speed up the green card process. Lets show solidarity. Every one of us who goes to this will feel proud of the change we manage to bring. If this makes the national media in a big way, I am virtually certain we will get a favorable resolution to our issues. A lot of forces are with us here. Just look at the 13 governor signed letter. Just look at how hard the big high tech. companies are pushing this.

JazzByTheBay
09-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Or rather, a business meeting (got) scheduled itself with a customer... so it works out!

I was planning on attending even without that happening - now I'm busy rescheduling flights and hotel... :)

http://morejazzbythebay.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sanjoserallybnr4-2.jpg

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!
(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com (http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com/))

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/20/99/22609920.jpg

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

To attend the rally:

1- I canceled a business meeting - employer didn't like it
2- I moved business travel around the rally, my boss also had to reschedule
3- I am flying in from Texas

Those of us near Washington, it will be so much easier than this for you to make it! Just get in your car or the train and go to DC for the day!

WE REALLY REALLY NEED YOU!!! THIS IS NO JOKE GUYS!!!! PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND ATTEND, YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID! ALREADY WE HAVE SOME GOOD PRESS BUZZ AND ARE BACKED BY HIGHER-UPS LIKE THE GOVERNORS AND SEN. CORNYN WITH HIS LATEST LEGISLATION. NOW ALL WE NEED IS YOU!!!!! PLEASE JOIN US!!!! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID AND WE WILL SUCCEED TOGETHER!!! LET'S GO GUYS! THIS WILL BE HISTORIC!!!!

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Bump

Jaime
09-15-2007, 07:26 PM
People need to understand that there are some legislators who might want to push legislation favorable to us. They can only do it if they can convince other legislators who are on the fence that:

1) A lot of good people are affected by this. (legal,peaceful,high skilled etc) The crowd there(YOU) on Tuesday will speak to this.

2) They mean business, if we do not act they might leave and we need to act NOW to keep them here.(if many thousands of them can come from all parts of the country, they must be serious)

3) These guys have the support of their employers.(they got/took/were allowed time off from work)

Now in these points, can you see how a friendly lawmaker can use a big successful march to convince his colleagues? This will be like a massive tonic to all the lobbying IV has been doing behind the scenes.
Last year when hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants took to the streets did you see the impact on legislators? One big difference here is we are legal. That will leave a more powerful impact if it is big.

This is a small price to pay, and it will help you tremendously to speed up the green card process. Lets show solidarity. Every one of us who goes to this will feel proud of the change we manage to bring. If this makes the national media in a big way, I am virtually certain we will get a favorable resolution to our issues. A lot of forces are with us here. Just look at the 13 governor signed letter. Just look at how hard the big high tech. companies are pushing this.

Well said!!!! An image is worth a thousand words! We ca write all we can and complain on here, but an image of thousands of peaceful protestors will stic in people's and legislator's minds, who will then be moved to action! THAT'S WHY WE NEED EVERYONE IN DC!!!!

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 07:30 PM
EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE IN DC

leo2606
09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Do we have any guesstimate for the number of attendies for the rally?

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 07:47 PM

10000 is expected and more.

Like a caller on radio said - we need 30,000 people and not 5000 people.

People in Tri State and DC area - no excuse for not coming. Just one day of your lives. Just one day

Libra
09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Jamie, u da man.......many dont even care, they want everything to be done by itself. If that is the case they never have come to this country. why dont they understand?

andy garcia
09-15-2007, 11:43 PM

Around 2500