PDA

View Full Version : Reason to celebrate.

kshitijnt
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi - My PD is Jun-05. I received a repeat biometrics appointment for me and my wife in mail last weekend. My colleague who also has a similar PD , received a repeat appointment (2nd time, after initial fingerprints) for biometrics. Both of us live in different states, work for the same company and filed GC at the same time.

Do you think it is a reason to celebrate? This months VB will have good news? Or else why would they ask us at the same time to appear for FP?

prasadn
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi - My PD is Jun-05. I received a repeat biometrics appointment for me and my wife in mail last weekend. My colleague who also has a similar PD , received a repeat appointment (2nd time, after initial fingerprints) for biometrics. Both of us live in different states, work for the same company and filed GC at the same time.

Do you think it is a reason to celebrate? This months VB will have good news? Or else why would they ask us at the same time to appear for FP?

I too received a repeat biometrics appointment for me and my wife in mail last weekend. My PD is March 2005 (EB2). Is this a coincidence or is this indication of EB2 PD movement in the May bulletin?

Vsach
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea...have a double scotch tonight....get drunk....curse INS...

sushilup
04-06-2010, 06:56 PM
I too received a repeat biometrics appointment for me and my wife in mail last weekend. My PD is March 2005 (EB2). Is this a coincidence or is this indication of EB2 PD movement in the May bulletin?

Just for FYI...

My Pd is end feb 2005 (not current) and my wife received RFE last year, which we replied.

After seeing this thread I checked online status and there was soft LUD on her H4 status (which was approved 2 years ago) yesterday...

I can only say that someone is doing pre-planning for I485 approval.

paritp
04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
My PD is Oct 06 and online my status says "Card production has been ordered".
But infact i just changed my address last month and accidently they updated my I-485 status as approved.

What should i do ? How can i get my status back ?

Thanks.

adibhatla
04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Even I and my spouse received biomterics last month.....(2nd after the initial July fiasco 2007 biometrics) and you can see what my priority date is? But it's not a reason to celebrate. Only USCIS knows (or should I say do they know) what they are doing.

Bottomline - Do not think much and as someone said chill out and have scotch :D

jackisback
04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Do not meet to dampen anyone's hopes.. since hope is our good friend in this long journey.. But these 2nd FP notices seem to be coming due to the time that has passed since we all filed in July 2007.
I had called sometime back at the customer service and went for infopass for my case and was told that FP are supposed to be taken every 15 months. For some cases, they had asked people to go for FP when the 15 months was over after July 2007; while for others they had automatically "re-validated" the finger print records in their systems.
Now, since it is going to be or past 30 months (15+15) for a lot of folks, that is the reason they are sending the FP notices.
The lady who took my the customer service call said they would send out the FP notices (not sure to everyone or randomly) if the case was not approved and 30 months have passed since the last FP.

Hope this helps!

BUT, still go and have that scotch!! :)

thomachan72
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Yea...have a double scotch tonight....get drunk....curse INS...

Talking about Scotch has anybody tried ordering Scotch online?

redgreen
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I am a July 2007 filer; already had two finger prints. In my case, they sent the notice after 16 months of my first finger printing.
One can celebrate anytime and may use 'finger printing' as a reason. But it is quite normal and routine INS procedure.

psaxena
04-07-2010, 03:12 PM
heres the trick, go to any store and buy a visa or master cash card and use that card to order the liquor online , but first order the one with smaller amount just to make sure its delivered. Once tested then use the same site to order more again, but always use the cash card..

GET DRUNK ... HIcchhhhh.. Cheers !!

Talking about Scotch has anybody tried ordering Scotch online?