PDA

View Full Version : June/July/Aug filers video: Ready to spend 10-15 years on EAD?

JazzByTheBay
09-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Filed I-485/EAD/AP in June/July/Aug 2007? Done tracking Receipt Notices? Got your EADs? What next?

Receipt Notices and EADs provide some relief, but aren't the end of the road. Have you thought about the prospects of spending 10-15 years on EADs & AP? Renewing these year in, year out? With the inherent risks that everyone in these forums is very well aware of?

Are you ready for a limited career growth, no promotions, living on the same salary with severe limitations on salary growth? Limited mobility?

The only way out is to participate in the ImmigrantVoice efforts, get involved, and take the initiative.

Here's another clip from the Milpitas meeting, where IV founder Aman Kapoor discusses these issues.
http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com/

Let's try our best to make sure the DC rally is successful and gets our concerns across to the lawmakers and the media!

jazz

shaikhshehzadali
09-09-2007, 10:58 AM
I really don't think that people who have filed in June will have to wait that long...there are lot of us who have priority dates in 2001 and 2002.

Filed I-485/EAD/AP in June/July/Aug 2007? Done tracking Receipt Notices? Got your EADs? What next?

Receipt Notices and EADs provide some relief, but aren't the end of the road. Have you thought about the prospects of spending 10-15 years on EADs & AP? Renewing these year in, year out? With the inherent risks that everyone in these forums is very well aware of?

Are you ready for a limited career growth, no promotions, living on the same salary with severe limitations on salary growth? Limited mobility?

The only way out is to participate in the ImmigrantVoice efforts, get involved, and take the initiative.

Here's another clip from the Milpitas meeting, where IV founder Aman Kapoor discusses these issues.
http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com/

Let's try our best to make sure the DC rally is successful and gets our concerns across to the lawmakers and the media!

jazz

paskal
09-09-2007, 11:03 AM
we are happy for you then
not everyone does though - and you have name checks to cross yet.
we as a community here are trying end retrogression. you folks have seen it's
effects for many years. even if you think a GC is forthcoming, we hope you will aid this effort for the betterment of everyone.
not to address this poster specifically, but there are two ways to do this:

"i waited 5-7 years, so what if the newer guys wait- i suffered didn't I?"

and

"I waited 7 years, it's a waste, no one should have to do this, we have a right to due process with our applications"

think about which one sounds better to you!

Googler
09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I really don't think that people who have filed in June will have to wait that long...there are lot of us who have priority dates in 2001 and 2002.

You are in the same queue for namechecks; priority dates are irrelevant if your name check hasn't cleared. It is the reason that EB-2s from 2005 are getting approved even as of last week, even as people from 2001 and 2002 wait.

Any future solution can't just be about increasing EB greencards, it has to include funding for the resolution of name checks.