PDA

View Full Version : Expired AP

vaishu.naidu
04-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I and my wife are on EAD here and my wife had to go to India urgently on an Advance Parole that was expired last month. Can I apply for the AP renewal for her while she is in India, so that she can come back without any problems? Please let me know what options do I have. I am hoping that she would not be out of status or staying illegally here. Any answers would be very much appreciated. Thanks all.

Please tell me what options I have with me now.

ivgclive
04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I and my wife are on EAD here and my wife had to go to India urgently on an Advance Parole that was expired last month. Can I apply for the AP renewal for her while she is in India, so that she can come back without any problems? Please let me know what options do I have. I am hoping that she would not be out of status or staying illegally here. Any answers would be very much appreciated. Thanks all.

Please tell me what options I have with me now.

There is an opiton you can apply for a "re-entry" permit for a person outside US. But it is a very difficult route, go thru an attorney, who can help you in the right way.

jkvaisnavi
04-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Hope this helps!

USCIS - Emergency Travel (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=5436f0cb861c5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=4c790a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60a RCRD)

Emergency Advance Parole Documents
If you are experiencing an extremely urgent situation, you may visit your local office to request an emergency advance parole document. When visiting a local office to request emergency advance parole, you should bring the following items:

A completed and signed Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
The correct I-131 filing fee
Evidence to support the emergency request (e.g. medical documentation, death certificate)
Two passport-style photos.