PDA

View Full Version : Law office of Sherin Thawer

needhelp!
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I would like to post an official thank you to the Law offices of Sherin Thawer for sponsoring our morning radio announcements on funasia.net radio here in DFW.

They also gave us few minutes of live air time on Thursday and a full one hour show on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for your service to the community!

Their web site is www.thawerlaw.com (http://www.thawerlaw.com)

zoooom
09-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Great job..Thanks for your support "Law office of Sherin Thawer "

sanjeev_2004
09-04-2007, 12:03 PM
I filed my I-485 from there. and I gets my all ansers on time. Attorney(she) is great.

needhelp!
09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Are you in Texas?

Please become a member of texas chapter (link in my signature), we need you to join in the grass-roots efforts here in TX. Thanks!

I filed my I-485 from there. and I gets my all ansers on time. Attorney(she) is great.

Ruben
06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, I have heard her and a number of attorneys on that radio show. My first comment is that it is not a community service, it is business development to bring the people into their office. Have you noticed that she always tells people to bring their document for review, well she charges by the hour, and if you have a lot of docs, be prepared to pay. Have you also notice that over the last year or so, there has been several attorneys that have hosted the show under her firm, so is there a retention issue, or when the attorney figures out her fraud they leave.
I took my case to her office, and got ripped off. I was charged $45 when she read my email, there was no reply to my email, so I dont even know if she read my email. I am gald that she didnt answer, otherwise she would have charged me for that too. Sherin has no personal skills, she yells at the clients, :eek: and there are several bar complains on his misconduct and messing up client cases.:mad:
BE CAREFUL.........

ronhira
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Funny that you had to create a new ID to post this. What's wrong with paying for the service you want? Do you work for free for your employer? Community service is about being active about an issue and spreading the awareness for the issue as opposed to providing you or anyone else free service. We desis treat immigration lawyers like Gods but at the same time some of us don't want to give dakshina (tribute) for the service. Does his/her community service imply that this lawyer, whatever his/her name is, should provide you free service till eternity, just because you showed up when ever it is convenient for you?
Why do you only have to go to that lawyer, why can't you find a lawyer that best suit your needs of "free service". I guess we desis are a bunch of big ego losers. Anyone annoyed with anyone out there creates a new ID to bad-mouth that entity. One day there is a post about Air France, then British Airways, then the ice cream shop down the street, insurance company, this lawyer, even sometimes this organization. When will we grow up and give up our blotted egos which is always splashing mud around.

snathan
06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Funny that you had to create a new ID to post this. What's wrong with paying for the service you want? Do you work for free for your employer? Community service is about being active about an issue and spreading the awareness for the issue as opposed to providing you or anyone else free service. We desis treat immigration lawyers like Gods but at the same time some of us don't want to give dakshina (tribute) for the service. Does his/her community service imply that this lawyer, whatever his/her name is, should provide you free service till eternity, just because you showed up when ever it is convenient for you?
Why do you only have to go to that lawyer, why can't you find a lawyer that best suit your needs of "free service". I guess we desis are a bunch of big ego losers. Anyone annoyed with anyone out there creates a new ID to bad-mouth that entity. One day there is a post about Air France, then British Airways, then the ice cream shop down the street, insurance company, this lawyer, even sometimes this organization. When will we grow up and give up our blotted egos which is always splashing mud around.

I accept your point to certain degree. But I can not take it the airline issues. Its not ego and its discrimination. You donít have to suck it up. You need courage to fight against it.

Ruben
06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Ok, I had to reply to Ronhira on the post. There is nothing wrong in paying for services, I woudl love to pay, but $45 for reading an email, that is called rip-off. Now on the community service, "Community service is an act by a person that benefits the local community."
Examples of community service projects include:
Cleaning a park.
Collecting items for charity such as clothes, food, or furniture.
Cleaning roadside verges.
Helping the elderly in nursing homes.
Helping the local fire or police service.
Helping out at a local library.
Tutoring children with learning disabilities.
Participating in school activities that benefit the wider community.

Now, does her coming on the radio classified as community service? Remember, community service me no reward. Anyway, I dont the word desis, I am from Israel and it is a foriegn word for me. I say, she is a rip-off, doesnt know what immigration is, and tells people to renew their passports with USCIS. What a joke?

ronhira
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I accept your point to certain degree. But I can not take it the airline issues. Its not ego and its discrimination. You don’t have to suck it up. You need courage to fight against it.

Discrimination? How is it discrimination? Is every Indian travelling in those airlines being treated badly? I traveled in Air France 2 years back, and it was fantastic. Everyone I know from India who traveled in BA or Air France have had no problems either. And anytime someone does not get the attention to the extent one wants, we do not need to always play "discrimination" card. The world changed while we were reading our old history books. Lets not play this discrimination card to satisfy our ego. Using the label of discrimination for anything not happening to our liking is not wise.

And for a minute lets "assume" that its discrimination, just posting on this forum is how you define "gathering courage"? Is that the best you can do?

buehler
06-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I would like to post an official thank you to the Law offices of Sherin Thawer for sponsoring our morning radio announcements on funasia.net radio here in DFW.

They also gave us few minutes of live air time on Thursday and a full one hour show on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for your service to the community!

Their web site is www.thawerlaw.com (http://www.thawerlaw.com)

I am not clear but both funasia.net and thawerlaw.com are commercial entities. Why do you need to thank the lawyer on this non profit forum?

It is possible that I do not understand what happened, but this post looks like spam to me.

snathan
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Discrimination? How is it discrimination? Is every Indian travelling in those airlines being treated badly? I traveled in Air France 2 years back, and it was fantastic. Everyone I know from India who traveled in BA or Air France have had no problems either. And anytime someone does not get the attention to the extent one wants, we do not need to always play "discrimination" card. The world changed while we were reading our old history books. Lets not play this discrimination card to satisfy our ego. Using the label of discrimination for anything not happening to our liking is not wise.

And for a minute lets "assume" that its discrimination, just posting on this forum is how you define "gathering courage"? Is that the best you can do?

If its not their mistake, why in the world they publically apologize...?

ronhira
06-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Now, does her coming on the radio classified as community service?

Every situation is different. Yes, hosting a radio program without charging anything and intending to create awareness is community service.

Remember, community service me no reward. Anyway, I dont the word desis, I am from Israel and it is a foriegn word for me. I say, she is a rip-off, doesnt know what immigration is, and tells people to renew their passports with USCIS. What a joke?

You are entitled to your opinion just as the original poster and I am entitled to mine. I think that its community service. That's it, and so I had to respond and dispute your version/interpretation. And it doesn't matter if you understand the word Desis or not. Just think Desis=Humans, it will make sense.

There is nothing wrong in paying for services, I woudl love to pay, but $45 for reading an email, that is called rip-off.

Then just go somewhere else where you can get the same work done for less price. Lets say Macy's is selling a shirt for a price which is $50 higher than the price of the same shirt at Sears. At the same time Macy's is organizing and contributing towards community service. Are you suggesting that all the good work and community service of Macy's goes down the toilet because they price their shirt higher than Sears? And will it help in anyways by calling Macy's "rip-off" if the price of the same shirt at Macy's is higher than the price of the same shirt at Sears? Why is it such a big deal not to be able to just go to Sears without name calling. Is that so difficult?

And just because your needs and expectations were not meet, the Lawyer had to NOTHING LESS THAN PURE EVIL? Right?

I think we all enjoy the freedom of expression, and at the same time go overboard using those personal liberties to stroke our egos. That's how I see your post situation. We can find such blogs/post all day along on every site, and I just think its a mis-use of our personal liberties.

Now on the community service, "Community service is an act by a person that benefits the local community."
Examples of community service projects include:
Cleaning a park.
Collecting items for charity such as clothes, food, or furniture.
Cleaning roadside verges.
Helping the elderly in nursing homes.
Helping the local fire or police service.
Helping out at a local library.
Tutoring children with learning disabilities.
Participating in school activities that benefit the wider community.

So according to you, only items covered in this list qualify for "community service" and everything else is not community service? And because of that and only that, this lawyer's work doesn't qualify as community service? Is that what you just said?

ronhira
06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
If its not their mistake, why in the world they publically apologize...?

I don't know if they apologized or not. And if they apologized, it was not because they were wrong, but because it makes business sense. They are in the business of making profit for their shareholders, they are not in the business of clashing egos. And if they apologized, did they apologized to "Indians" or did they apologized to their passengers, to whom they were not able to provide the service their passengers demanded? And labeling the discimination flag every time diminish the value of using it when its needed.

Green.Tech
06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Repeat post.

new2gc
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
So, as per you everything is fair and going green.. we just need to suck up all the discomforts.

when you were travelling in Air france,you didn't mention you have to wait in such a small room for several hours though.....

You won't feel the heat until it gets under you...I was in same situation when flying on AA once in Chicago they just ignored me and clerk did give me hotel accomdoation when the flight got cancelled because the ticket was issued on certain class(even though economy), but I fought with her and spoke to their supervisor and got the service what i deseve...

why don't you support your arguement like this..may be someone will buy it...That issue happen on AF flight was be one-timer and also it might depend on the on-duty manager at the airport..

I don't know if they apologized or not. And if they apologized, it was not because they were wrong, but because it makes business sense. They are in the business of making profit for their shareholders, they are not in the business of clashing egos. And if they apologized, did they apologized to "Indians" or did they apologized to their passengers, to whom they were not able to provide the service their passengers demanded? And labeling the discimination flag every time diminish the value of using it when its needed.

ronhira
06-19-2009, 04:16 PM
So, as per you everything is fair and going green.. we just need to suck up all the discomforts.

when you were travelling in Air france,you didn't mention you have to wait in such a small room for several hours though.....

You won't feel the heat until it gets under you...I was in same situation when flying on AA once in Chicago they just ignored me and clerk did give me hotel accomdoation when the flight got cancelled because the ticket was issued on certain class(even though economy), but I fought with her and spoke to their supervisor and got the service what i deseve...

why don't you support your arguement like this..may be someone will buy it...That issue happen on AF flight was be one-timer and also it might depend on the on-duty manager at the airport..

All that I am saying is, any uncomfortable situation for anyone doesn't amounts to discrimination. Because you were uncomfortable during your journey with AA, AF or BA, doesn't mean that there is discrimination. It just means you had an uncomfortable situation/flight. My wife and I were left to spend a night at Salt Lake airport when the US Air flight got cancelled due to bad weather. They did not give us hotel room, but that doesn't mean that its "discrimination", because no one in my category were given hotel rooms, no matter how much we argued with the airlines staff. We just went out and got a hotel room for a night. Many other passengers did the same thing. So the bottom line is -

UNCOMFORTABLE <> DISCRIMINATION

<> stands for "NOT EQUAL TO "

We should be careful when using the 'D' word. Things go wrong all the time, specially when we are travelling. It can happen with anyone, but labeling every situation as discrimination doesn't help. And what's next, the McDonnell down the street, because the lady behind the counter did not smile when returning the change, that means there is discrimination? Where does it stop?

My fear is, this crowd will read these "DISCRIMINATION" posts and will see the world with that view. And will only see "discrimination" in everything. One cannot see oneself to be equal if the starting point of any thought is that you are being discriminated. It is a losing situation all the way. These are just few words of caution when using the 'D' word.

snathan
06-19-2009, 04:29 PM
All that I am saying is, any uncomfortable situation for anyone doesn't amounts to discrimination. Because you were uncomfortable during your journey with AA, AF or BA, doesn't mean that there is discrimination. It just means you had an uncomfortable situation/flight. My wife and I were left to spend a night at Salt Lake airport when the US Air flight got cancelled due to bad weather. They did not give us hotel room, but that doesn't mean that its "discrimination", because no one in my category were given hotel rooms, no matter how much we argued with the airlines staff. We just went out and got a hotel room for a night. Many other passengers did the same thing. So the bottom line is -

We should be careful when using the 'D' word. Things go wrong all the time, specially when we are travelling. It can happen with anyone, but labeling every situation as discrimination doesn't help. And what's next, the McDonnell down the street, because the lady behind the counter did not smile when returning the change, that means there is discrimination? Where does it stop?

My fear is, this crowd will read these "DISCRIMINATION" posts and will see the world with that view. And will only see "discrimination" in everything. One cannot see oneself to be equal if the starting point of any thought is that you are being discriminated. It is a losing situation all the way. These are just few words of caution when using the 'D' word.

If they are not giving hotel room to anyone thatís not discrimination. Only for you or any one particular group with any reason if they deny thatís called discrimination. If you donít understand the meaning of discrimination read this.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_Racial_Discrimination

ronhira
06-19-2009, 04:40 PM
If they are not giving hotel room to anyone that’s not discrimination. Only for you or any one particular group with any reason if they deny that’s called discrimination. If you don’t understand the meaning of discrimination read this.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_Racial_Discrimination

Thanks for link, but I don't have to read a wiki page to know the meaning of discrimination :cool:

How about, if the particular group not given hotel rooms were all economy class. And airlines could have denied the rooms for first class passengers, but for the sake of their own business, made a conscious business decision to give rooms to first class passengers only. You do know that under federal guidelines airlines in US are not obligated to give a hotel room if the delay is caused due to "act of god". But, think of it, if I would say that I wasn't given a room and US air was discriminating, without much thought, this crowd will act like cheerleaders, because somehow that is how we have been conditioned to see the things around us, which is really a bad bad way to see the world around us.

Ruben
06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I am not clear but both funasia.net and thawerlaw.com are commercial entities. Why do you need to thank the lawyer on this non profit forum?

It is possible that I do not understand what happened, but this post looks like spam to me.

Exactly, sounds like the lawyers office is monitoring this forum, and replying to the I-rated customers.

Ruben
06-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Every situation is different. Yes, hosting a radio program without charging anything and intending to create awareness is community service.

You are entitled to your opinion just as the original poster and I am entitled to mine. I think that its community service. That's it, and so I had to respond and dispute your version/interpretation. And it doesn't matter if you understand the word Desis or not. Just think Desis=Humans, it will make sense.

Then just go somewhere else where you can get the same work done for less price. Lets say Macy's is selling a shirt for a price which is $50 higher than the price of the same shirt at Sears. At the same time Macy's is organizing and contributing towards community service. Are you suggesting that all the good work and community service of Macy's goes down the toilet because they price their shirt higher than Sears? And will it help in anyways by calling Macy's "rip-off" if the price of the same shirt at Macy's is higher than the price of the same shirt at Sears? Why is it such a big deal not to be able to just go to Sears without name calling. Is that so difficult?

And just because your needs and expectations were not meet, the Lawyer had to NOTHING LESS THAN PURE EVIL? Right?

I think we all enjoy the freedom of expression, and at the same time go overboard using those personal liberties to stroke our egos. That's how I see your post situation. We can find such blogs/post all day along on every site, and I just think its a mis-use of our personal liberties.

So according to you, only items covered in this list qualify for "community service" and everything else is not community service? And because of that and only that, this lawyer's work doesn't qualify as community service? Is that what you just said?
Well I think that this attorney is paying the radio station to be on the radio, right!!! So, how is an attorney paying a radio station gets on air, and calls the show "community service," and uses the show to reel in the clients to her office. It is called BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, all I am asking is call it what it is, but dont call community service and provided bogus information to your listeners.

ronhira
06-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Well I think that this attorney is paying the radio station to be on the radio, right!!! So, how is an attorney paying a radio station gets on air, and calls the show "community service," and uses the show to reel in the clients to her office. It is called BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, all I am asking is call it what it is, but dont call community service and provided bogus information to your listeners.

Bogus information? :rolleyes:

I guess the best bet for you would be to switch to another channel, and not to listen this program, whatever this program is. I don't know this lawyer and I don't know the content of the program. But I do know with certainty is this, people use internet to post bad stuff and bad mouth anonymously. Why? Just because you can. Isn't that the same defense Bill Clinton used to explain his relationship with Ms. Lewinsky - juts because he could.

Why post bad stuff anonymously? Is it because you scared of a libel or defamation lawsuit? If not, just post your details. Maybe this lawyer will send you a personal apology and look at your file for free, who knows ;)

kishorek111
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
//I guess the best bet for you would be to switch to another channel, and not to listen this program, whatever this program is.//

Why don't you do the same here... Just go out of this discussion.. you have made your point and let others make their point... just arguments and counter arguments lead to no where...

LostInGCProcess
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM

True, BUT....

UNCOMFORTABLE (All Passengers of same flight) <> DISCRIMINATION (All Passengers of same flight)
UNCOMFORTABLE (Some Passengers of same flight) == DISCRIMINATION (Some Passengers of same flight)
UNCOMFORTABLE (Only for INDIAN) == DISCRIMINATION (Only for INDIANS)

Note: ' == ' STANDS FOR 'EQUAL TO'

And "airlines are, by law, not required to provide Hotel rooms" argument is true, but when applied to all. Not isolating some groups which in this case were Indians.

And in one post you said you had a wonderful experience with them... of course you would!!!! So did we all get a good treatment flying on any airline. But when some snag happens, thats when the actual test of customer service comes into picture. And clearly AF showed they gave the rats a$$ for Indians...the alternative for them was to treat everyone, regardless of the country of citizenship, FAIRLY.

OF COURSE AF DISCRIMINATED AGAINST INDIANS. Whether you like it or not, its true.

LostInGCProcess
06-20-2009, 04:03 AM

Yada..yada..yada..What are you trying to say???????????

Ruben quoted There is nothing wrong in paying for services, I woudl love to pay, but $45 for reading an email, that is called rip-off.

Its a ripoff for charging $45 for reading email. Man!!! whats in that line that you cannot comprehend? I wish I had that job....ever day 10 emails is enough for me, could make $450 a day just reading emails....wow!!! thats probably the best job in the world. :D I'd be too tired to read the 11th email :D:D:D:D

TOTAL RIPOFF

new2gc
06-21-2009, 03:45 PM
For your info, if the flight got cancelled due to bad weather, it is not airlines responsibilty to accomodate you. You can stay warm in the airport or you have to get room by yourselves.

You cannot compare that with your situation here. You are arguing so much for this one which clearly shows that they discriminated some passengers, I am not sure what else is discrimination according to you or what is that act called?

[QUOTE=ronhira;366641]All that I am saying is, any uncomfortable situation for anyone doesn't amounts to discrimination. Because you were uncomfortable during your journey with AA, AF or BA, doesn't mean that there is discrimination. It just means you had an uncomfortable situation/flight. My wife and I were left to spend a night at Salt Lake airport when the US Air flight got cancelled due to bad weather. They did not give us hotel room, but that doesn't mean that its "discrimination", because no one in my category were given hotel rooms, no matter how much we argued with the airlines staff. We just went out and got a hotel room for a night. Many other passengers did the same thing. So the bottom

rippedoffbythawer
12-27-2010, 11:32 AM
First Sherin will be nice, then very fast she will paint a bleak picture of your case to get you nervous. Once she has you in that state, she moves in for the kill. She will present you with a large bill and a "non-refundable" contract. Once you have signed that, you can kiss your money good-bye. She knows well that the Texas Bar clearly states that lawyers should only charge for work they have performed. Hence, you will get a letter in the mail with her claiming exactly that...which as per my new lawyer, "that is bull...what she sent you back as her work is not even worth $100 dollars!..." She is a very unethical individual.

If you don't believe me check out ripoff.com and other similar sites that are riddled with similar stories about this scammer, Sherin Thawer. Unfortunately, the amounts we are talking about are large for an individual but small for another lawyer to care about backing you up with a lawsuit. She knows this game well, the only thing stopping this is if enough people complain and a government entity eventually intervenes. SAD.

If you have been ripped off by Sherin Thawer, you should complain, at the very least you will save someone else from being ripped off.

AndherNagri
12-28-2010, 12:58 PM
My friend had to adjust status. She botched it up by not following right process and misguided renewing EAD is not needed.

Poor fellow is in limbo. He asked refund of money for work not done.

And height is this. Sherin is threatening that she will inform USCIS about his details and that he is harassing.

Be as far away as possible from her.

greyhair
12-28-2010, 01:11 PM
AndherNagri,
You are not a regular here.

rippedoffbythawer,
You just created your handle to post against this lawyer.

You don't seem to have your own stories to substantiate your claim which makes me to believe that you both are engaged in a smear campaign against this lawyer. Unless you provide evidence to support your claims, I will have to consider you to be lawyers or assistants to lawyers from competing law firm.

SEinCalifornia
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
I can vouch for Sherin's work in that she helped 2 of my family members get into the US after they'd been in limbo at the embassy for nearly 8months. If you want an attorney that does the right work the right way the first time, then Sherin is your best bet!! :)

SE