PDA

View Full Version : got GC.. pd oct 2006 EB2

paritp
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone, My husband whose PD is Oct 2006 EB2 got his email today...

On March 24, 2010 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I have two questions...
1) How is it possible to get GC out of turn.........?
2) We moved to a new house n updated the address, but for some reason it was not correct. The system(also the customer service) wont let me update till 45 days have passed. Now the document will come to the wrong address? What do i do?

fromnaija
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
It's probably not GC but RFE (request for evidence).

paritp
03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I called USCIS and they confirmed that card production has been ordered and they have already sent out the mail.

snthampi
03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I called USCIS and they confirmed that card production has been ordered and they have already sent out the mail.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the moment.

Did you call them and inquire about updating the address?

fromnaija
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM

In that case I stand corrected.

However, this is a very risky situation where the applicant usually bears the brunt of USCIS error. Some are of the opinion that the GC be returned with a letter that the applicant be returned to AOS-pending status especially if the GC of other family members are not approved and/or derivative application needs to be filed for family members outside the US.

You may want to confirm that the applicant did not have a previously approved I-140 that accorded him an earlier priority date. If this is not the case, I would suggest that you speak with an experienced immigration attorney and follow their advice. All the best!

paritp
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
When we applied for AOS (+EAD+AP),during the July 2007 Fiasco...our I 140 got approved in first week of august 2007( I-140applied in Feb 2007 )...........a week before our EAD n AP approval..........