PDA

View Full Version : Schengen visa and AP

aim-high
03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I am planning to apply for Schengen visa in an Italian consulate. I have an expired H1 but a valid AP. According to the italian consulate website, here is one of the visa requirements

"passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date"

My passport is expiring in 2 years but my AP will be expiring in about 2 1/2 months from the Schengen visa expiry. Will I have an issue getting a visa ?
Do I have a workaround ?

Thanks

the_googly
03-25-2010, 06:05 AM
I recently applied and got my schengen visa. My case was pretty similar to yours. You should be able to use your AP document to apply for visa. They will also request you to show your travel itinerary. I do not see any problems if your return date on the travel itinerary is before your AP expiry date.

aim-high
03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

See according to the consulate, they say the following
passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date

In this case, they mean the schengen visa expiration date. For example, if I am travelling from April 1 to April 20th, they will give me visa only upto April 20th. They want my AP to have expiration atleast 3 months from April 20th (which will be July 20th) but my AP is expiring on April 10th.

continuedProgress
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
In my opinion - with a Apr10 AP expiry date, getting a Schengen until Apr20 may not be possible. Unless the consulate wants to be nice to you! :)

aray
03-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to a get a Schengen Visa using an Advance Parole document, which expires on July 7, 2010 and I intend to return to the U.S. on June 30, 2010.

Is there any consulate or embassy that accepts applications by regular mail?

Thanks in advance.