View Full Version : getting i131(reentry permit) while renewing green card

03-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I will be needing a new re-entry permit(i-131) while renewing my green card and i was wondering if it was possible.

I am going to study back in my home country for 4yrs.
first 2yrs(2010-2012), i am going back with reentry permit.
after 2yrs(2012), i am going back to USA for 6months to renew my green card(going to expire in 2012) and reapply for a new reentry permit.
If i wont have time to get my new green card, i am possibly thinking of going back to my home country for 5 months and going back to USA for 2 wks (to retain green card status) and again, going back to my homecountry for 3 months.
Would going back and forth to my homecountry and USA will affect me from losing my green card?

Any advise will be helpful. Thank you!