PDA

View Full Version : I-140 Premium Processing

gclabor07
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Friends,

I am in a difficult situation. I am in my 6th year. H1B expires Feb 2008.

My company filed labor last year November 2006 and it was denied due to some specific language missing from our application like "All suitable combination of education, training or experience" acceptable. So we ended up refiling our PERM application in July 2007 in Atlanta DOL. It has been pending since then.

Now, because my H1B expires in another 5 months, it is absolutely necessary for me to get PERM approved, then apply I-140 using premium processing and then apply for H1B extension. Based on Atlanta DOL's speed, I'm hoping my labor may get approved in October or November. Last year, when I changed my company, I didn't anticipate that my labor will get denied and on top of that USCIS will suspend I-140.

Does anyone have any insight on when premium processing for I-140 may start again? What strategies do you offer to extend H1B?

Thanks.

sln2001
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
One of my friend was in a similar situtation.His attorney filed h1 extension providng the proof that a previous labor application was denied and the new one has been filed and is pending . He was able to get his h1 extended for an year.His situation was far worse , he had only a month left on his h1.

vinodp1978
08-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I am in the same situation...my 6th yr H1 expires on Feb 2008. I am really hoping that I will get an EAD before my H1 expiration. But if I dont get an EAD on time then I will apply for recapturing my time outside USA. I travel overseas a lot on business so basically i will need about 3months of time recaptured to meet the 1 yr prior labor approval for H1 extension. My PD is april 2007. Hope this helps and works out for you.

BTW..i recieved my receipt notices for EAD,485 and AP last week.

gclabor07
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Thank you both for the information. I'll recapture my 3 months spent in India as well. Hopefully, that gives me time to get I-140 processed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about I-140 Premium Processing.