PDA

View Full Version : Rally in Texas ?

sapota
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I know some of you will be attending the Rally in DC on Sep 18th.

But most wont be attending the rally in DC on the 18th. Wouldnt it be good if the people who are not able to attend the DC rally conduct a rally in Texas at the same day.

This way, there will be a multi pronged effect. In fact, it would have an even greater effect if simultaneous rallies are held in other places too. Like

West Coast (Bay area )
Midwest (Chicago)
Texas (one of the major cities - Dallas, Austin or Houston)

Think of all the local media attention this gets & also the ripple effect into national media.

Any thoughts ??

saravanaraj.sathya
08-22-2007, 03:53 PM
This sound like a good idea...our first option is to attend the rally. But if for some reason we are not able to make it...we can identify a place in all the states on the same day to show support for the DC rally.. I tried to find someone in Buffalo...but noone responded..dont know whether I will be able to attend the rally in DC.

But most wont be attending the rally in DC on the 18th. Wouldnt it be good if the people who are not able to attend the DC rally conduct a rally in Texas at the same day.

This way, there will be a multi pronged effect. In fact, it would have an even greater effect if simultaneous rallies are held in other places too. Like

West Coast (Bay area )
Midwest (Chicago)

Think of all the local media attention this gets & also the ripple effect into national media.

Any thoughts ??

texcan
08-22-2007, 04:00 PM
" Rally in each state" is a fantastic idea. Lets do it.
But lets concentrate on one location in Texas and for that matter in
every state to pack more punch.

I think everyone can drive to one common location in texas.
Since Austin is capital, i propose rally in Austin for Texas.

Let do it.

paskal
08-22-2007, 04:02 PM
This sound like a good idea...our first option is to attend the rally. But if for some reason we are not able to make it...we can identify a place in all the states on the same day to show support for the DC rally.. I tried to find someone in Buffalo...but noone responded..dont know whether I will be able to attend the rally in DC.

if no one responds here, please find a friend in Buffalo to travel with you!
or in Rochester or Syracuse or something. Plesae help spread the word about the rally. The University most definitely has affected folks- in fact it has oodles of them! let us know hoe we can help you with motivating people to come...if you could collect enough people...one bus could start in Buffalo and work it's way down...

saravanaraj.sathya
08-22-2007, 04:02 PM
We can do it in New York city for new york residents....Any thoughts?

paskal
08-22-2007, 04:04 PM
" Rally in each state" is a fantastic idea. Lets do it.
But lets concentrate on one location in Texas and for that matter in
every state to pack more punch.

I think everyone can drive to one common location in texas.
Since Austin is capital, i propose rally in Austin for Texas.

Let do it.

but has the unfortunate effect of diluting DC rally attendance and attention. plenty of fence sitters will not bother to travel. also the effect of a large DC rally is far far more significant that multiple small rallies. your good intentions are much appreciated...but please help with the main rally...we need a massive one!

saravanaraj.sathya
08-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Paskal:

Thanks for your kind reply. I am new to Buffalo, NY. Just moved from California. I dont know much ppl here. There is lots of indian community here but dont know why none is responding. If I can find one guy also I can book a car and drive there for rally.

if no one responds here, please find a friend in Buffalo to travel with you!
or in Rochester or Syracuse or something. Plesae help spread the word about the rally. The University most definitely has affected folks- in fact it has oodles of them! let us know hoe we can help you with motivating people to come...if you could collect enough people...one bus could start in Buffalo and work it's way down...

abhijitp
08-22-2007, 04:10 PM

West Coast (Bay area )
Midwest (Chicago)

Any thoughts ??

If you are anyways planning to rally, you will need a day off, so why not spend it in DC? I strongly agree with Paskal in that small rallies would dilute the impact of the DC rally!

If you can take a day off, please attend the DC rally. Go here and tell us how we can help you with logistics.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12441

Thanks

geesee
08-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Paskal:

Thanks for your kind reply. I am new to Buffalo, NY. Just moved from California. I dont know much ppl here. There is lots of indian community here but dont know why none is responding. If I can find one guy also I can book a car and drive there for rally.

saravanaraj -
Would you consider riding a bus?

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12567

Please vote!

saravanaraj.sathya
08-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Yes. I will share the bus ride from Buffalo, NY.

saravanaraj -
Would you consider riding a bus?

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12567

Please vote!

paskal
08-22-2007, 04:44 PM
there's a nice amtrak ride from buffalo to ny- i've been on it many years ago
that's something to consider too, you could join the NY busgoers once you reach union station!

pappu
08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Paskal:

Please send emails to your Univ. association email list. get in touch with your town's associations.

pappu
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Paskal:

saravanaraj.sathya

You have not updated your profile with your full information. Please do so asap.

OK we have tons of members from Buffalo. Now it is upto you to contact them. We have several more from Rochester and Syracuse....
Can you take charge of contacting them and making phonecalls? get in touch with NY chapter and volunteer to make phonecalls to all these members:

Mkolken
Bhatya
DEVILLION696
Drajaybhora
Freidyeid
gcny2006
nkumar
brahmam
mach
GCgal
Mdforgc

But first update your profile. ONly then NY chpater will be able to help you.

saravanaraj.sathya
08-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Pappu - Thanks for your reply. I completed my profile. I thot it was already complete. But filled out reamining fields.

I will call these people in Buffalo to find out if I can motivate them for rally..

Thank you

saravanaraj.sathya

You have not updated your profile with your full information. Please do so asap.

OK we have tons of members from Buffalo. Now it is upto you to contact them. We have several more from Rochester and Syracuse....
Can you take charge of contacting them and making phonecalls? get in touch with NY chapter and volunteer to make phonecalls to all these members:

Mkolken
Bhatya
DEVILLION696
Drajaybhora
Freidyeid
gcny2006
nkumar
brahmam
mach
GCgal
Mdforgc

But first update your profile. ONly then NY chpater will be able to help you.

pappu
08-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Pappu - Thanks for your reply. I completed my profile. I thot it was already complete. But filled out reamining fields.

I will call these people in Buffalo to find out if I can motivate them for rally..

Thank you

Thanks. Im glad I was able to help one more person come to the rally. If anyone has any issues they should contact the chapter leads or core team. We needed everyone in DC. Only exceptions are for who are unwell, pregnant or anti-immigrants on this forum. If you are neither of these three then see you in DC.