PDA

View Full Version : For the 'No Shows' from Michigan

walking_dude
08-17-2007, 11:27 AM
So far there are only 3 people willing to go to DC from Michigan. That includes me, Sam (chintu25) and his wife. Rest are 'NO SHOWS' .

I wasn't intending to attend the rally earlier due to child birth in family, monetary problems - labor+I-140+ 485 filing fully financed by me, mortage prepayment for the aptmt in India, apartment registration, interiors, parents visit, change of job, insurance deductible of $2200 [ yeah, I have a really sh***y one] and so forth. Situation was so unexpected , and bad, I've taken personal loans from friends and relatives so as to not default on bill payments!

And Yet, now, I'm planning to attend as there seems to be a dearth of REAL MEN (and women) from Michigan who are willing to fight for the right cause (Their cause)

I've been trying to talk to people in similar situation into attending the rally. Response so far - ZILCH, NADA, NIL. The issue is not that they're unaware of IV. They're more than aware of IV, many being regulars here! The issue is more of 'Why do we haul our behinds, when there are others to do the job'. Waiting for OTHERS to do the job has taken our country to the dogs [ forcing us to immigrate]. Yet, we haven't gotten over our inherent inertia.

There are enough Michigan GC applicants (only for July) to fill the whole Washington monument. GC doctors office was chock-a-bloc full of Desis, and other Asians, all 3 days I had to meet the Doctor. It was the same for the whole month. And I'm talking about just one Doctor here! There are 5 pages of approved doctors in Michigan, and yet some went as far as Illinois, as all doctors were booked for a month. County Health departments were running low on vaccines. I know of some who were returned from County facility due to non-availability.

AND, YET, HARDLY 3 ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN DC RALLY!

My PD is 2007. So back that IV has no entry for it! [ left my PD as None in IV profile!]. Even if the best CIR, for EB, passes it will take at least 2-3 years to get there [ hoping FBI namecheck doesn't get my GC-goat]. Yet, I'm eager to attend DC rally [ facing wifes opposition] to do what's right for me and my family. And there are those waiting from 2004 and earlier, and yet lazy to haul their a**es over to DC. Their reasing - we will get in a year. I'm really surprised at this
uncharacteristic optimism from the generally pessimistic Indian race - which loses hair over who signed their FedEx slip - when the deluge of labours cleared from BEC , recently, tells a different story. Add to it the Substitution cases, and you get the gruesome picture.

People are ready to wait 10 years, there by wasting thousands of dollars of earning potential afforded by GC, but not ready to spend 100 bucks to attend the rally!! Can there be better examples of 'Pennywise, Pound Foolish'?

Only 3 people attending from MI is reminiscent of the recent hit movie 300, where only 300 Spartans fought the million strong Persian Army to be martyred for their cause, while the rest of Greece was busy wining and dining. We haven't changed a bit in a millenia, have we?

abhijitp
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks!

chanduv23
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes, a lot of people browse IV. I can tell you for sure.

When the youtube video was posted on front page of IV for a day - the video got 5000 hits, prior to that the video got 700 hits only over a week.

So basically most of our so called friends actually browse IV and pretend as if they don't. Many are scared. Some are genuine, they have issues or they would come, but many are scared to come forward. People want to be anomymous and pretentous and get a green card while others are sacrificing.

Dear MI members - this is the chance, please come forward and help IV to help yourself

chintu25
08-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Guys

It is still not late I sincerely urge all of you all to step forward and join in the rally
The Michigan IV chapter is now OPEN

Please join In

Send an email to michigan4iv@gmail.com

DO IT .....FOR YRSELF AND YR FAMILY

chintu25
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
bump

chintu25
08-17-2007, 12:01 PM
“To dream anything that you want to dream. That's the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed.”

chintu25
08-17-2007, 12:02 PM
“God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

chintu25
08-17-2007, 12:05 PM
“The greatest threat to freedom, as well as the most formidable enemy of it, is a supported cause against it.”

chintu25
08-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Liberty is the possibility of doubting, of making a mistake,... of searching and experimenting,... of saying No to any authority - literary, artistic, philosophical, religious, social, and even political.

logiclife
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
There is one great thing that you men will all be able to say after this war is over and you are home once again. You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the great World War II, you WON'T have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, "Well, your Granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana." No, Sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, "Son, your Granddaddy rode with the Great Third Army and a Son-of-a-Goddamned-Bitch named Georgie Patton!"

Hey digital 2K. Where did you find this quote? Who said this?

logiclife
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I urge people to watch Patton.

The opening scene of this movie has it.
The impact of the sound is great.

I alongwith my close friends carry this movie and watch often.

The movie has the reality and how leaders act on.

First I bought VHS, later VCD, now DVD.

Its our most precious treasure.

thanks. I am going to watch it.

Anyways, this thread should really make people think that there are folks making 50K a year who will spend $500 to fly from California to attend the rally. And at the same time, there are hundreds of folks who are going to be within 2 miles radius of Washington Monument, making 100K a year, who are so important to their companies, they cannot take a day off from work to walk two miles from Wash Monument to Capitol hill.

Some people think that its stupid to be involved in activism (rallies, public opposition to congress, government policy) etc. Coz that's for those who dont have really good jobs and have spare time.

Well, let me tell you - to all the elite who think that rally is too crude or too unclassy for them - In the analogy described above, if you are sitting in your office on Sept 18th browsing IV website for other people's photos of the rally and rally pictures, and you had a decent chance to make it to rally but didnt, then that's the equivalent of shovelling shit in louisiana in the above analogy when there were people storming the beaches in WW II facing the working end of nazi guns.

And after all, this is a PEACEFUL RALLY. A walk in Washington DC between 2 very scenic spots. Its nothing compared to storming the beaches in Nazi occupied France. If you cannot do that, then it speaks of your character. You may have the Harvard MBA or Stanford Masters or whatever you are proud of. But if your character is the kind that shovels shit in Louisiana when there are other storming beaches in Europe, then you are headed to lead a very boring uneventful life. Yes, you will eventually get your GC no later than those who went to the rally. Yes, you will be gainfully employed. But the lack of willingness to stand up and use your backbone will make you a pussy that will shovel someone's shit for the rest of their lives and will never own the farm. yeah, yeah, six figures is what you will make, but at the end of the day, you are still going to be taking orders from someone, and you will probably never run the show anywhere. Coz that takes some character that would be grossly absent in you.

chanduv23
08-17-2007, 12:37 PM
thanks. I am going to watch it.

Anyways, this thread should really make people think that there are folks making 50K a year who will spend $500 to fly from California to attend the rally. And at the same time, there are hundreds of folks who are going to be within 2 miles radius of Washington Monument, making 100K a year, who are so important to their companies, they cannot take a day off from work to walk two miles from Wash Monument to Capitol hill.

Some people think that its stupid to be involved in activism (rallies, public opposition to congress, government policy) etc. Coz that's for those who dont have really good jobs and have spare time.

Well, let me tell you - to all the elite who think that rally is too crude or too unclassy for them - In the analogy described above, if you are sitting in your office on Sept 18th browsing IV website for other people's photos of the rally and rally pictures, and you had a decent chance to make it to rally but didnt, then that's the equivalent of shovelling shit in louisiana in the above analogy when there were people storming the beaches in WW II facing the working end of nazi guns.

And after all, this is a PEACEFUL RALLY. A walk in Washington DC between 2 very scenic spots. Its nothing compared to storming the beaches in Nazi occupied France. If you cannot do that, then it speaks of your character. You may have the Harvard MBA or Stanford Masters or whatever you are proud of. But if your character is the kind that shovels shit in Louisiana when there are other storming beaches in Europe, then you are headed to lead a very boring uneventful life. Yes, you will eventually get your GC no later than those who went to the rally. Yes, you will be gainfully employed. But the lack of willingness to stand up and use your backbone will make you a pussy that will shovel someone's shit for the rest of their lives and will never own the farm. yeah, yeah, six figures is what you will make, but at the end of the day, you are still going to be taking orders from someone, and you will probably never run the show anywhere. Coz that takes some character that would be grossly absent in you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowardice

Running away from an enemy;
Abandoning, surrendering or otherwise fleeing any post that the soldier is tasked with defending;
Endangering the safety of any post that the soldier is responsible for through disobedience, neglect or willful misconduct while in combat;
Discarding arms or ammunition while in combat;
Abandoning combat to plunder or loot or commit other crimes;
Willfully failing to do all within the soldier's power to fight or defend when it is his duty to do so, while in combat;
Refusing to give any needed aid or relief to fellow troops while in combat; or
Performing other unspecified acts of "cowardly conduct" while in combat.

chanduv23
08-17-2007, 01:39 PM
30 years from now

Grandson: Grandpa, what were you doing during the "retrogression years that affected Engineers and doctors like you?"

If Grandpa was a coward : "I did not have enough courage, I decided I will live this life like a slave and in shadows and continue renewing my EAD and AP until you were born"

If Grandpa was courageous: "I decided, I will not keep quiet. I joined an enthusiastic group of people called Immigration Voice who were working sincerely and hard to fix the broken system and remove retrogression and help future immigrants by actively participating in lobbying and rally using peaceful methods - that how we achieved victory"

IV2007
08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I had plans of attending the rally & due to some personal issues am yet to make arrangements. I was'nt signing up or informing the folks about joining the rally untill 1st week of sep or so (due to personal commitments).

But after reading your quote, I could not stop myself in coming forward & letting you all know that I am joining the rally on sep 18th.

Have already signed up for any volunteer pre-activities. Oh did I forget ! I am from MI.

Great going IV. Let's all make it to the rally. dude ! u surely did ignited the fire. !!!!!

So far there are only 3 people willing to go to DC from Michigan. That includes me, Sam (chintu25) and his wife. Rest are 'NO SHOWS' .

I wasn't intending to attend the rally earlier due to child birth in family, monetary problems - labor+I-140+ 485 filing fully financed by me, mortage prepayment for the aptmt in India, apartment registration, interiors, parents visit, change of job, insurance deductible of $2200 [ yeah, I have a really sh***y one] and so forth. Situation was so unexpected , and bad, I've taken personal loans from friends and relatives so as to not default on bill payments!

And Yet, now, I'm planning to attend as there seems to be a dearth of REAL MEN (and women) from Michigan who are willing to fight for the right cause (Their cause)

I've been trying to talk to people in similar situation into attending the rally. Response so far - ZILCH, NADA, NIL. The issue is not that they're unaware of IV. They're more than aware of IV, many being regulars here! The issue is more of 'Why do we haul our behinds, when there are others to do the job'. Waiting for OTHERS to do the job has taken our country to the dogs [ forcing us to immigrate]. Yet, we haven't gotten over our inherent inertia.

There are enough Michigan GC applicants (only for July) to fill the whole Washington monument. GC doctors office was chock-a-bloc full of Desis, and other Asians, all 3 days I had to meet the Doctor. It was the same for the whole month. And I'm talking about just one Doctor here! There are 5 pages of approved doctors in Michigan, and yet some went as far as Illinois, as all doctors were booked for a month. County Health departments were running low on vaccines. I know of some who were returned from County facility due to non-availability.

My PD is 2007. So back that IV has no entry for it! [ left my PD as None in IV profile!]. Even if the best CIR, for EB, passes it will take at least 2-3 years to get there [ hoping FBI namecheck doesn't get my GC-goat]. Yet, I'm eager to attend DC rally [ facing wifes opposition] to do what's right for me and my family. And there are those waiting from 2004 and earlier, and yet lazy to haul their a**es over to DC. Their reasing - we will get in a year. I'm really surprised at this
uncharacteristic optimism from the generally pessimistic Indian race - which loses hair over who signed their FedEx slip - when the deluge of labours cleared from BEC , recently, tells a different story. Add to it the Substitution cases, and you get the gruesome picture.

People are ready to wait 10 years, there by wasting thousands of dollars of earning potential afforded by GC, but not ready to spend 100 bucks to attend the rally!! Can there be better examples of 'Pennywise, Pound Foolish'?

Only 3 people attending from MI is reminiscent of the recent hit movie 300, where only 300 Spartans fought the million strong Persian Army to be martyred for their cause, while the rest of Greece was busy wining and dining. We haven't changed a bit in a millenia, have we?

chanduv23
08-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I had plans of attending the rally & due to some personal issues am yet to make arrangements. I was'nt signing up or informing the folks about joining the rally untill 1st week of sep or so (due to personal commitments).

But after reading your quote, I could not stop myself in coming forward & letting you all know that I am joining the rally on sep 18th.

Have already signed up for any volunteer pre-activities.

Great going IV. Let's all make it to the rally. dude ! u surely did ignited the fire. !!!!!

We need more people like you :) Thanks for your support

jayram123
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
^^^^^^

needhelp!
08-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Ouch! Those were some sharp words. Wake up everyone!!

anilsal
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Arise, Awake! And stop not until the goal is reached
- Swami Vivekananda (From INDIA)

To see what is right and not to do it, is want of courage.
- Confucius (From CHINA)

A thousand li (roughly one-third of a mile) journey begins with a single step.
- Japanese

Il faut battre le fer pendant qu'il est chaud. (Strike while the iron is hot.) - French

chintu25
08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
IV 2007 I have sent u am email about our flight plans for Sept 18th Please respond

BumbleBee
08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
GC seekers can hardly be described as 21st century global citizens, I wish this wasn't true, but sadly it is. If can't stand up and speak your mind, protest for your right in the capital of free world I wonder where else!!

I personally know 50+ people affected by retrogression and delays yet only 2 of those showed up for rally at Sanjose.

abhijitp
08-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Then go here:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12441

There are people willing to help, if you want to attend!
If you can pitch in 50% of your airfare (in the worst case if you just cannot pay for airfare but CAN attend) and you are willing to provide a proof that you did attend, there are people ready to sponsor you!

485_se_dukhi
08-17-2007, 03:31 PM
When there is a hill to climb, don't think that waiting will make it smaller.

- Anon

485_se_dukhi
08-17-2007, 03:34 PM
This is as true in everyday life as it is in battle: we are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act, and in acting, to live.

- General Omar Bradley

When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that in itself is a choice.
- William James

pappu
08-20-2007, 12:11 PM

You are very true in what you said. Hope your post inspires people from your state to join the rally. Thanks for being in the Midwest states conference call yesterday.

singhsa3
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Chintu,
Can you please talk to a bus operator and see how much money to go to DC.
May be a free ride to DC for many will motivate them. We can talk to IV to see if this could be arranged.
Just remember it is the folks like you who drives the world so don't give up. Carry On!

chintu25
08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Chintu,
Can you please talk to a bus operator and see how much money to go to DC.
May be a free ride to DC for many will motivate them. We can talk to IV to see if this could be arranged.
Just remember it is the folks like you who drives the world so don't give up. Carry On!

Hi Singhsa3 ,
Thanks for this post. Well no one is giving up but trying hard to get more people in. I had a long talk with Walking_dude(Vivek ) this morning about how we could get more people to join us for the rally and are working on it.

I am offering to sponsor a flight ticket for any 1 individual who is willing to join the rally from Michigan area.

Like wise i will look for the bus rental as well . But I am not sure if people will be interested in traveling 12 hr each side even if it is free since it will mean either 2 days off work or a very tiring one day, Nevertheless I will check the prices.

Michigan people please feel free to call or email me at michigan4iv@gmail.com for more information .

Also People who are working in the State of Michigan offices in Lansing need to WAKE UP There are more than 500 immigrants working there but not a single person has offered to join in the rally or contribute in any way This is BAD.

Again , I am willing to sponsor 1 Ticket from Michigan to DC and back . Also if there is more than one person I can arrange for more tickets to be sponsored thru members . PLEASE COME FORWARD AND SHOW SUPPORT.

ONLY 9 member have joined the MI chapter. This is SHAMEFUL .

SHOW STRENGHT GUYS CAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL CARE ABOUT U OR YR GC.

chintu25
08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Bump

chintu25
08-20-2007, 12:51 PM

Have already signed up for any volunteer pre-activities. Oh did I forget ! I am from MI.

IV 2007 Please come forward with your travel plans ASAP so we may arrange for travel needs when in DC ..

psgprasad
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Sam,
I am in for Rally, I am from Lansing, Michigan and I think we have met,(if you are the same pal). I will call you and talk to you on this.
I will try to convince some people to come to the rally

GP

abhijitp
08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I am willing to sponsor 1 Ticket from Michigan to DC and back . Also if there is more than one person I can arrange for more tickets to be sponsored thru members . PLEASE COME FORWARD AND SHOW SUPPORT.

ONLY 9 member have joined the MI chapter. This is SHAMEFUL .

SHOW STRENGHT GUYS CAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL CARE ABOUT U OR YR GC.

Thanks Chintu25 for your generous contribution!
Please make sure these people vote on http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12441

That way, we can track these sponsorships in one place. Thanks!

new_horizon
08-28-2007, 11:20 AM
hey guys,
I am also joining the rally from MI. already booked my tickets. So add one more member from the MI chapter. :)

JazzByTheBay
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
http://morejazzbythebay.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sanjoserallybnr4-2.jpg

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!
(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com (http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com/))

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/20/99/22609920.jpg

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

gceverywhere
09-14-2007, 11:16 AM
All Naysayers: Please read the first page of this thread..

amitga
09-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Anybody interested in joining me to go to DC from Detroit Metro area.
I am trying to plan the trip at the last minute. Send me PM if you would like to Join.

chanduv23
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
For Most Of The Naysayers For The Dc Rally

Follow Your Heart - Your Heart Says That You Have To Attend

Your Mind May Say - Huh, Why Should I?

This Is The Chance To Control Your Mind - Follow Your Heart.

By Following Your Heart, You Will Be The Winner

new_horizon
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I am trying to plan the trip at the last minute. Send me PM if you would like to Join.

hey amitga,
I am travelling from Detroit Metro on 18th at 6:20 am flight US airways. If you are going by the same flight, you have company.:)

walking_dude
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Amit, you can PM Chintu25 (Sam), he's co-ordinating for IV from MI. He should be able to guide/help you.

Good to see a some more Michiganders like Amit, new_horizon join the crew. We need more at the rally. According to recent report by DOL on Labor petitions (http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/OFLC_Report_v11_8-23-07.pdf), MI is one of the Top states besides - top 6 NY, NJ, CA, TX , FL and WA. There were 2,200+ labors filed from MI in 2006 alone! There are also considerable number of IV members in and around Detroit Metro Area ( courtesy now invisible 'Friends of IV' link ).

However, when it comes to attending the rally - numbers don't add up. We are right there with states having very low number of labor petitions! Why is it so? Are IVers from MI expecting our brethren from CA, TX, NY/NJ do it all for us? Would it help - if we stood along and helped them [help us in getting GC faster]?

Who knows, you might meet some new friends whom you can network with, and open new doors to your careers. May be someone from hot technological companies who can help you in a future job search. My understanding is most MI GC applicants [ not all] intend to leave MI as soon as getting GC [some even early as getting EAD and 6 months of AC21 period]. So why not use it as a career-enhancing opportunity?

Let us all participate and make it a success.