View Full Version : Traveling on AP. Do you need original EAD/ 797 approval notice at entry

03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I am traveling using AP (original) . I lost both EAD and 797 (H1) originals in house fire. will they ask for original EAD or 797 receipts or photocopies will do?
Please advise and share your experience.

03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
carry police report or some other proof regarding the fire. my papers were stolen and I have always shown them the police report.

03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I have traveled many times on AP and not once was I asked about EAD/797. That said, there is no strict rules. Maybe you can keep a copy of the above documents and explain why you lost the originals.

03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Its at the discretion of the officer at POE.......I was asked for my EAD even when I had a valid H1B and last time when I had travelled on AP I was asked for my EAD......

why don't you apply for duplicate documents with the USCIS?

above is just my experience.......