PDA

View Full Version : Without work when I-485 pending

uimv
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello,

Please tell, when using EAD:
1. Is it OK to be without work for months ?
2. Does USCIS ever look into break in employment ?
3. What problems can arise, for now & future ?
(e.g I-485 RFE confirming future employment)

Thank You.

punjabi
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi, Please enter some details about yourself (Labor date, EB2/EB3 category, etc.).

It is okay to get useful info and help from IV (even I received a lot of good piece of info fom here), but at least spend few minutes to enter more info about yourself. And someone more knowledgeable will spend his time in answering your questions.

Thanks.

matreen
05-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Friends,

Before something worst happens, I would like to see what options I can go with. Currently I am working on EAD with GC sponsered employer, it is more than two years now I am using EAD and there is no valid H1.

As you know due to this economy down turns, what tomorrow brings we don't know. I have 50% partnership in one of the IT services business in NJ and currently I am working in GA. If I loose my job Or lif I resign my job (due to dirty politics and heavy work load), can I port myself with my NJ IT services business?

I am planning to take 100% ownership in NJ business very soon, what happens if I run my payroll on my own company? My job title and skill sets will match with type of services I have in NJ business - not 100% but they will be very close. I believe it will be called as self employment.

If I do this what kind of issues I may face? Kindly let me know if anybody experienced with this type of situation.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

Hi, Please enter some details about yourself (Labor date, EB2/EB3 category, etc.).

It is okay to get useful info and help from IV (even I received a lot of good piece of info fom here), but at least spend few minutes to enter more info about yourself. And someone more knowledgeable will spend his time in answering your questions.

Thanks.

hiralal
05-15-2010, 11:21 PM
well good questions -- and since you are about to become an 100% employer - maybe you should consult your own company's lawyer and see what he/she says and then share the information on this thread.
basically what you are trying to find out is predict your future problems - which is impossible since there are thousands of variables (unless you go to an street astrologer who uses a parrot) for e.g. (which IO gets assigned to your case, do they even open your file, is the IO having a bad day when he opens your file - did he have a fight with his wife or did a pretty girl smile at him on the day that he opens your file etc etc).
technically I think you should be o.k. as long as you have the same job descriptions and your company is doing well. but if they really want to find any issues with your case then most likely they will find something - my only other point is have a plan B - hope for the best but be prepared for the worst till you actually become a US citizen

the other point to find out is - once you make the shift (i.e. change jobs) - do you even have to inform USCIS that you are invoking AC21 ?? my feeling is no !!! because once you give them a opportunity to open your file by informing them - the greater the chance that they will send you pretty letters - especially in this economy !!

matreen
05-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Thank you Hiralal. I agree with you and any suggestions for plan B?

Based on my PD I got 6 year long waiting and I believe till I become current I must be a old man LOL....

Thanks for your answer though.

Anybody else? Any suggesions please?

Thanks,
Matt.

h1-b forever
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
You may not be able to pay yourself in your current immigration status. It is best to check with the lawyer on the validity.