PDA

View Full Version : What's next??

i4u
03-05-2010, 02:04 PM
This is an election year, and I believe that if the CIR is to be a possibility, it has to be taken up in the Senate by April. If it is taken afterwards, it will be because of the election and the votes to be gotten out - it certainly won't solve our problems. I suggest that we meet with the lawmakers - esp the senators to take this on by the end of April.

If CIR is not going to happen, then we can try alternatives. Right now, we are in the vicious loop of CIR - either we need to make it happen, or we need to get our legislators to look at other options to solve our problems.

This is my opinion, and I hope many will take to action on this. Please do not give me red for this.

Winner
03-05-2010, 02:21 PM
This is an election year, and I believe that if the CIR is to be a possibility, it has to be taken up in the Senate by April. If it is taken afterwards, it will be because of the election and the votes to be gotten out - it certainly won't solve our problems. I suggest that we meet with the lawmakers - esp the senators to take this on by the end of April.

If CIR is not going to happen, then we can try alternatives. Right now, we are in the vicious loop of CIR - either we need to make it happen, or we need to get our legislators to look at other options to solve our problems.

This is my opinion, and I hope many will take to action on this. Please do not give me red for this.

Thanks for the analysis and suggestions. If you are ready to create an analysis document contains:
1) Reasoning why what you are suggesting will have any positive effects on immigrant community.
2) Time it will take to create the material needed (Researching, analyzing and preparing the necessary documentation to present to lawmakers)
3) Detail plan to make this happen.

If you can make this happen, I'll help in any way I can.

i4u
03-05-2010, 02:49 PM
By meeting with the lawmakers in large numbers, we may be able to pressurize them to look at our situation. It is better than doing nothing.
As for the materials, we can check to see if IV can help us out - they may have statistics regarding benefits that we as an immigrant community can bring to the country. I heard about the EB5 start up rule that was introduced - was on npr today, the bloom box story that came out on 60 minutes.......

My only point is if we do nothing, we cannot expect anything to happen. But if we could start an effort - we are alteast trying to make our voices heard. I have called for an appointment. I am doing my part.