PDA

View Full Version : Re enter on AP through road from Vancouver(BC)

prakgc
02-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi Gurus,
My H1B is expiring in March and i have no plans to renew it, as i will move on to EAD. Also i am planning a short trip by road to Vancouver in March..so i will be re-entering on AP when i return..

Are there any issues on re-entering on AP through road? specifically when returning to seattle from Vancouver?
Has anyone had experience re-entering on AP into U.S through road? Are there any issues I need to be aware of?

Thanks

raj19720926
02-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I have used AP by road ( from canada) , by sea ( after a cruise to mexico back to miami) and by air ( from India ) its always the same process i never had any problem....you will be fine.

aps
02-28-2010, 12:46 AM
do we have to surrender the i-94 before leaving USA to Canada? In case of Canada and Mexico travel, usually it is advised to keep the i-94. any idea?

prakgc
02-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks everybody!

sumant18
03-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Just wondering how your experience was during this trip.

I am planning on doing something similar in a couple of months:
1. Currently on H1-B (not stamped) extended for 3 yrs based on approved I-140.
2. I am also keeping my EAD/AP current by renewing them in a timely manner.

Question: Can I reenter the US with AP without any hassles by road? If I do so, will I continue to be on my H1B or will my status automatically switch to EAD just because I used my AP to reenter?

Any clarification is much appreciated.
Thanks.

sumant18
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
<<bump>>

prakgc
03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
As far as reentering through road is concerned i think there are no issues but whether you go onto EAD or H1B is a question that has been answered several times on this forum.

I am not a lawyer but from what i've heard you can maintain H1B if you come in on AP as long as it is valid. But confirm with a good lawyer on this.

Just wondering how your experience was during this trip.

I am planning on doing something similar in a couple of months:
1. Currently on H1-B (not stamped) extended for 3 yrs based on approved I-140.
2. I am also keeping my EAD/AP current by renewing them in a timely manner.

Question: Can I reenter the US with AP without any hassles by road? If I do so, will I continue to be on my H1B or will my status automatically switch to EAD just because I used my AP to reenter?

Any clarification is much appreciated.
Thanks.

looivy
03-24-2010, 12:31 AM
I have used AP by road ( from canada) , by sea ( after a cruise to mexico back to miami) and by air ( from India ) its always the same process i never had any problem....you will be fine.

What is the step by step process for use of AP at the airport? Is it any different than H1-B process by the CBP officer who sits at airport? i.e. the officer just looks at your AP/I-485/EAD and lets you in or do they do further checks on you.