PDA

View Full Version : PA Members: How many will participate in DC Rally?

sertasheep
08-03-2007, 03:12 PM
How many IV Pennsylvania members are planning to attend the DC Sept 13th Rally?

NOTE: PLEASE KEEP YOUR PROFILES UPDATED (NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER,EMAIL A MUST) SO THAT RALLY ORGANIZERS CAN REACH OUT TO YOU

See details at :http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11428

sertasheep
08-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Bump ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sertasheep
08-03-2007, 11:01 PM
If PA members can't make it to the rally, I suggest that members can atleast cheer and meet up with other members who are in transit (eg, provide moral support, refreshments, by meeting at some rest area in MD or DE)

Thoughts]?

sertasheep
08-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Bump
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bala50
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Folks,

Majority of the PA folks are voting "will not attend " or " may be". Also i personally called a few friends to urge them to attend the rally but the feedback is very poor. Please folks what is the problem, try to make the effort to do this. This may be our last chance to encourage congress to do something to help our cause. If we miss this then nothing is likely to happen in 2008 as it is a election year and nobody will dare touch immigration and in 2009 when a new president is elected immigration will not be a top priority for the new administration. What more suffering you need to take some action. You are doing this not for somebody else but for "YOU". IV core is expecting 10,000 members/Legal EB immigrants to attend, but now it seems its tough to achieve. Please take this opportunity to help ourselves , nobody else will fight for our cause. I request/urge every one affected by this broken immigration system to act now before its too late.

This is my personal view , please ignore if you feel its not right.

chanduv23
08-06-2007, 12:13 AM
PA members most welcome to merge with Tri State members on the rally effort. We have a lunch meeting in NYC on Saturday and you are all most welcome to join us.

Please join us for a tri state lunch meet. We would like to start working on volunteers/ mobilizing members for the DC rally. Even if you cannot take the day off and come to DC please come by for the lunch. We could really use help with banners/posters/ and ideas to make this a success.

WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)

TIME: 1:30 pm

ALSO- PLEASE DO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION

Thank you!

little_willy
08-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Me and my wife along with our 1 year old will be there to show our support.

Pineapple
08-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I put in "maybe", because I'm not sure of my schedule.. (I have to travel monday to friday..every freaking week.. I hate it more than you can imagine, but I don't have a choice there).. if my schedule changes, I'll be there for sure. I've updated my profile.

little_willy
08-06-2007, 06:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

little_willy
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
come on PA members, I am sure there are more IV members from PA than just the few that voted on this poll. Wake up and see the hard work being put in by other members. Members are flying from out of state and you living so close to DC shouldn't offer any excuse not to attend the rally. Strength is in numbers. Check out this video by Chanduv for more inspiration http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12216

saimrathi
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Can't attend.. Contributed $100 towards the cause..

little_willy
08-16-2007, 12:28 AM
^^^^^^^^^

little_willy
08-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Sent you a PM. Please check. Thanks.

Folks,

Majority of the PA folks are voting "will not attend " or " may be". Also i personally called a few friends to urge them to attend the rally but the feedback is very poor. Please folks what is the problem, try to make the effort to do this. This may be our last chance to encourage congress to do something to help our cause. If we miss this then nothing is likely to happen in 2008 as it is a election year and nobody will dare touch immigration and in 2009 when a new president is elected immigration will not be a top priority for the new administration. What more suffering you need to take some action. You are doing this not for somebody else but for "YOU". IV core is expecting 10,000 members/Legal EB immigrants to attend, but now it seems its tough to achieve. Please take this opportunity to help ourselves , nobody else will fight for our cause. I request/urge every one affected by this broken immigration system to act now before its too late.

This is my personal view , please ignore if you feel its not right.

little_willy
08-20-2007, 02:56 AM
^^^^^^

TempWorker
08-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I will be there.

little_willy
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks TempWorker. If you would like to join the state chapter, please PM me with your contact info.

I will be there.

kosars
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
cannot come, working

will contribute some money

drona
08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
You can take 1 day off. Leave early morning on Tue to reach the rally. With all the big issues being discussed in Washington every week, we only have a tiny slot. This is our chance to be heard. Join the rally.

jaocanada
09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Anybody traveling to DC from Pittsburgh?