PDA

View Full Version : re entry to the US

halmako
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi. I am a 10 year multiple B1/B2 visa holder. I am a Filipino citizen. I have visited the US twice. first for 26 days and 56 days in the second time with 9 month gap between visit. The last visit, I left US December 6, 2009. Now I am planning to visit the US again this coming April, Do you think my travel pattern would cause issues at the POE? Any form of advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

meridiani.planum
02-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi. I am a 10 year multiple B1/B2 visa holder. I am a Filipino citizen. I have visited the US twice. first for 26 days and 56 days in the second time with 9 month gap between visit. The last visit, I left US December 6, 2009. Now I am planning to visit the US again this coming April, Do you think my travel pattern would cause issues at the POE? Any form of advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

no, thats what a business tourist visa is for... as long as your reason for visiting is legit (ie. either business or tourist) nothing to worry about.
Why do you feel there is any pattern to your visiting?

halmako
02-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Because someone told me that I should stay out of the United States atleast 6 months after every visit. This is my concern. If I will be back in the US this April, it would only be 4 months gap. Is this 6 months rule true?

halmako
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
anyone here has the similar experience like mine? Please share your thoughts and advices. thanks.

vegasbaby
02-23-2010, 02:14 AM
anyone here has the similar experience like mine? Please share your thoughts and advices. thanks.

I haven't heard of 6 months rule. However, I too have a 10 year B1 visa. I came in Feb 2002 for 3 months, March 2003 for 3 months & then again in Aug 2003 for 3 months. When I came in August, the POE officer told me that he will let me in this time but if I come again the next time on B1, they would ask me to go back. He said come back on H-1 the next time you come.

Since on B1/B2, you pay no taxes, the immigration officers, I believe do not like people coming again & again on B1 visa.

However, my parents have a B2 which is a vistor visa & they have come with a gap of 2 months - 3 times. They were never questioned.

halmako
02-23-2010, 03:37 AM
thanks. that was enlightening. If that's the case, I assume I won;t have any problems going back to the US this April. Btw, how long did your parents stay in the US in that 2 month gap? Thanks a lot vegas! :)

Alabaman
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I haven't heard of 6 months rule. However, I too have a 10 year B1 visa. I came in Feb 2002 for 3 months, March 2003 for 3 months & then again in Aug 2003 for 3 months. When I came in August, the POE officer told me that he will let me in this time but if I come again the next time on B1, they would ask me to go back. He said come back on H-1 the next time you come.

Since on B1/B2, you pay no taxes, the immigration officers, I believe do not like people coming again & again on B1 visa.

However, my parents have a B2 which is a vistor visa & they have come with a gap of 2 months - 3 times. They were never questioned.

Can they just tell you to come on H1? I guess you were working right? Did he guarantee you that you will get an H1?

halmako
03-01-2010, 05:01 AM
any other similar experiences? please share your experiences if you have. much appreciated.

halmako
03-11-2010, 09:39 PM
any other related experiences or advice?

topman123
06-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Yes i had experience with this and didnt got any such problem...