PDA

View Full Version : AP Receipt: Name with one extra space???what to do?

gotgc?
02-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I have applied for my wife's AP Renewal with all the supporting documents as required: Passport page, I485 Receipt and current AP etc..I have checked the copy of my application..name is spelled correct..

NSC received the application, cashed my check and sent me the recipt today..my wife's name is spelled correctly, DOB, A# are correct..but they left one space between 4th and 5th character of her first name...so it looks like she has 4character first name, then middle name and last name...

I am planning to call USCIS Customer service tomorrow and ask them to correct it...is it something the customer rep can do? Have anyone faced this kind of issues? is it a serious concern? We are eagerly waiting for her AP as we booked her travel for april 1st week...name issue is the last thing we need..please let me know guys...

roseball
02-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I have applied for my wife's AP Renewal with all the supporting documents as required: Passport page, I485 Receipt and current AP etc..I have checked the copy of my application..name is spelled correct..

NSC received the application, cashed my check and sent me the recipt today..my wife's name is spelled correctly, DOB, A# are correct..but they left one space between 4th and 5th character of her first name...so it looks like she has 4character first name, then middle name and last name...

I am planning to call USCIS Customer service tomorrow and ask them to correct it...is it something the customer rep can do? Have anyone faced this kind of issues? is it a serious concern? We are eagerly waiting for her AP as we booked her travel for april 1st week...name issue is the last thing we need..please let me know guys...

Yes, just call the customer service number indicated in the receipt notice and let them know the issue and they should be able to fix it in their system so the approval will have the correct spelling. This is a very common issue and customer service usually takes care of this. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if they actually corrected it or not till you get the approval.

vine93
02-17-2010, 01:46 AM
I had the same issue . They put extra char. at the end of last name . I called customer service. They said to fill another form paper based , send it to USCIS. They will look at it and if mistake done by USCIS then your check will be sent back otherwise they'll encash it and send you new AP.