PDA

View Full Version : RFE response time

mnq1979
07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Guys i just want to know that what date does the USCIS puts on when they ask to respond to RFE.

Like me and my wife got the update on our i485 case and they are asking for additional document. I am not sure what document they are asking for as neither I nor my laywer have received the RFE yet. The USCIS issued the RFE on June 25,2009.

Reading other threads i know they give 3-4 weeks to repond but just want to clarrify that what date they would put in order for me to repond to RFE. My lawyer says they give 45 days. So if i was issued a RFE on 25 June will they ask me to respond to RFE by August 9.

Can any 1 tell me what will be the last date i should expect to be written on my RFE in order to repond it? PPl. who got RFE can better assist me on this !!!!

Thanks in advance !!!!!!! :)

mnq1979
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Come on you got the best information from two different sources. Try getting the information as soon as possible and repond to the rfe very soon. So, you do not have a choice here.

Thanks for the reply, but its just freaking me out !!!! like i have to get the stuff from over seas and it will take time...and till now i have no clue what the heck they are asking for....i am just covering myself from surprises....thats why i was asking, though i know its a very stupid thing to ask !!!!! its just i m losing my patience !!!!! its been a week now and there is no sign of RFE.

mnq1979
07-02-2009, 01:16 PM
^^^ bumb

mnq1979
07-02-2009, 01:36 PM
If it is over one week, what r u doing here. U must call USCIS and tell them you have not received it. If there is delay in receiving it, they may give additional time. I received my RFE in four days. So, there must be some thing wrong in delivery process. Contact your attorney and proceed from there.

i just did it, they are saying wait for 2 weeks....u know how representative are at USCIS....dumb have no knowledge of anything !!!!!!

mnq1979
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
^^^ BUMB
Pls. help !!!

shirish
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
^^^ BUMB
Pls. help !!!

Hopefully you have received the RFE letter by now.
I received RFE from TSC raised on 7/6/09. They gave me 12 weeeks time to respond. I have already responded to it and I see the processing on my case has resumed as well. I believe the response time is diff for diff types of cases, I too thought that i will get only 30-45 days to respond but to my surperise the letter said I have 12 weeks from the date written on the letter.

newuser
08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
It may take 7-10 days to recieve the RFE by your attorney. USCIS gives usually 45 days to respond from the day of RFE. So that should leave you about a month to respond.

Hope this helps.