PDA

View Full Version : How to Fill I-824 Form

krupa
07-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Hi Any one can help me in filling the I-824 form.

Facts:

This is Krupa who is on H1 Visa is filing 485 petition and also filing 824 petition for wife Lakshmi

My Wife is Lakshmi. She is dependent of mine and is on H4 visa, but presently in India. she can not come to US and apply 485 petition.

Question:

1.Whose details to be filled in Part1 of I-824. In the given example is it Krupa's details OR Wife Lakshmi details ?

2. Whose details to be filled in Part3 sub heading 3 of form I-824.
In the given example is it Krupa's details OR Wife Lakshmi's details ?

3. Who has to sign the form in Part 4 , is it Krupa OR Wife Lakshmi should sign ?

4.Which is the correct check box in Part 2 of the form , in the light of given example ?

5. Should I file concurrently Lakshmi 's
485 application along with I-824 application ?

Thanks in advance

Krupa

chanduv23
07-28-2007, 08:51 AM
I filled it, I can help u. PM me with ur phone number

krupa
07-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Any update from senior members please ?

chanduv23
07-28-2007, 12:38 PM

Sorry about that, I did teh form 864. But there are some CP folks in IV, especially in IV Physicians, contact paskal, he could guide you to CP folks

krupa
07-28-2007, 01:02 PM

krupa
07-28-2007, 01:23 PM

andy garcia
07-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi Any one can help me in filling the I-824 form.

Facts:

This is Krupa who is on H1 Visa is filing 485 petition and also filing 824 petition for wife Lakshmi

My Wife is Lakshmi. She is dependent of mine and is on H4 visa, but presently in India. she can not come to US and apply 485 petition.

Question:

1.Whose details to be filled in Part1 of I-824. In the given example is it Krupa's details OR Wife Lakshmi details ?

2. Whose details to be filled in Part3 sub heading 3 of form I-824.
In the given example is it Krupa's details OR Wife Lakshmi's details ?

3. Who has to sign the form in Part 4 , is it Krupa OR Wife Lakshmi should sign ?

4.Which is the correct check box in Part 2 of the form , in the light of given example ?

5. Should I file concurrently Lakshmi 's
485 application along with I-824 application ?

Thanks in advance

Krupa

When Should I Use Form I-824?
You should use Form I-824 to request USCIS to provide further action on a previously approved petition or application.

NOTE: USCIS will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application has been denied or has not yet been approved. This form should not be used to verify the status of a pending petition or application.

Check the box in Part 2 of Form I-824 that applies to your request.

If you are requesting:
USCIS to notify a U.S. Consulate that your status has been adjusted to permanent resident. Check Box C. This is to request USCIS to notify a specific U.S. Consulate that your status has been adjusted to that of a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse and/or child(ren) may apply for an immigrant visa. This notification is available only on following-to-join immigrant relative visas based on a principal's employment, fiancÚ(e) or diversity status.

sunny1000
07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
there r a lot of discussions in the immigration.com portal. If you hvn't already, try that.