PDA

View Full Version : EAD Delays please help

tinamatthew
07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
What happens if I get my EAD after 180 days of concurrent filing i-140 & i-485, AND my employer no longer has a vacancy for me. Can I start at another job or do I have to refile? (I'm not presently working for the company yet - I am a schedule A applicant on a dependent visa that doesn't allow me to work or obtain an EAD.

DallasBlue
07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
What happens if I get my EAD after 180 days of concurrent filing i-140 & i-485, AND my employer no longer has a vacancy for me. Can I start at another job or do I have to refile? (I'm not presently working for the company yet - I am a schedule A applicant on a dependent visa that doesn't allow me to work or obtain an EAD.

I think after 180 days of filing your 485, you should be able to work for a different employer in same job category.

guess, the issue for you is, if you get your ead with in 180days and employer is not absorbing you and whether there is provision to work for a different employer within 180 days of 485 filing.

if there is none then may be you just have to wait for these 180 days period to go by and then start working.

Also make sure to collect and keep the safe track of the lay-off letter from the sponsoring employer for future greencard interviews et al.

this is purely my speculation and not answer for this but lets see if someone else knows the answer.

Also try posting in the main forum where your question will get much more attention.

-- disclaimer, this just my 'hear & say' analysis, I have not read law, seek a professional advice. :-)

tinamatthew
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I think after 180 days of filing your 485, you should be able to work for a different employer in same job category.

guess, the issue for you is, if you get your ead with in 180days and employer is not absorbing you and whether there is provision to work for a different employer within 180 days of 485 filing.

if there is none then may be you just have to wait for these 180 days period to go by and then start working.

Also make sure to collect and keep the safe track of the lay-off letter from the sponsoring employer for future greencard interviews et al.

this is purely my speculation and not answer for this but lets see if someone else knows the answer.

Also try posting in the main forum where your question will get much more attention.

-- disclaimer, this just my 'hear & say' analysis, I have not read law, seek a professional advice. :-)

Excellent advice - thank you. I did a research on USCIS website and found the answer to my question. I must have my i-140 approved b4 Ac21 will kick in after 180 days! Thanks again