PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with EWR POE with AP

gotgc?
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi All,

I am plaaning to travel through EWR with Jet airways to India and come back through EWR. I am seeing lot of threads regarding POE issues with H1B and consulting companies. I am working directly for a large software company and travelling with AP. Jet is giving good deals. Is it worth taking this EWR as POE even with AP or should I avoid it? Has any one travelled recently through EWR with AP? Please share your experience.

Thanks for your help....

mdcowboy
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
My friend recently landed in EWR with AP. He said that he was grilled for 2 hours and then let go. He works directly for his employer in Boston, MA. He said that he was asked to wait at the CBP office for 2 hours as they were looking into his docs and then was given the green signal.

Pagal
02-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Hello,

Keep your key documents with you, take a book to read in secondary inspection and relax.... enjoy your vacation! :)

wa_Saiprasad
02-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I got back on Jan 31 2010 early morning at 5.30 am from India. Continental Airways from Mumbai to EWR. I used AP, it took only 10 mins for me, exactly 10 mins I timed it. All my friends were suprised!

I work directly for a financial company. My papers were all clean.

gotgc?
02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I got back on Jan 31 2010 early morning at 5.30 am from India. Continental Airways from Mumbai to EWR. I used AP, it took only 10 mins for me, exactly 10 mins I timed it. All my friends were suprised!

I work directly for a financial company. My papers were all clean.

Thanks for your response...what documents do we need to carray along with AP? What documents did they ask you? What were they questioning about? Please let me know...

My concern is that I am on H1B with valid I-797 not on EAD; but since no visa stamp, I will be using my AP. My company would give me an employment letter that I am on H1B status...Would this be a problem?

wa_Saiprasad
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
These are the things I carried.

Original AP document
485 Receipt notice photocopy
140 Approval notice photocopy
EAD cards
3 Years Tax document.
Last 3 months payhceck.
Employment verification letter. My employment letter just said my title , job responsibility and my salary and since when I have been with them. That's it. No H1B etc...

But they didn't ask me anything.

supu
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
My friend recently landed in EWR with AP. He said that he was grilled for 2 hours and then let go. He works directly for his employer in Boston, MA. He said that he was asked to wait at the CBP office for 2 hours as they were looking into his docs and then was given the green signal.

There is some Discrepancy in your Statement.
Waiting for 2 hours is not the same as being Grilled for 2 hours. Can you please clarify , if he was Q&A for 2 hours or did he just had to wait in secondary inspection ?????

As i understand waiting for secondary inspection is normal :), but Queried about Job and Employee Employer relationship is new. :eek:
Thanks

mdcowboy
02-05-2010, 07:01 PM
There is some Discrepancy in your Statement.
Waiting for 2 hours is not the same as being Grilled for 2 hours. Can you please clarify , if he was Q&A for 2 hours or did he just had to wait in secondary inspection ?????

As i understand waiting for secondary inspection is normal :), but Queried about Job and Employee Employer relationship is new. :eek:
Thanks

He was asked questions and was asked to wait at EWR!! He was not asked about employee-employer relationship as he works directly for his employer!