PDA

View Full Version : Lost EAD

GCplease
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I have mis-placed my EAD. Normally I can just apply for another EAD. But, I will be travelling to India in Mid March on Advance Parole and I'm not sure if I'll get the EAD by then.

My question is, will they ask for EAD upon re-entry.

I am thinking of applying for EAD after coming back. Is there any special processing for applying for a lost EAD ?

Any advice is appreciated.

prasadn
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I have mis-placed my EAD. Normally I can just apply for another EAD. But, I will be travelling to India in Mid March on Advance Parole and I'm not sure if I'll get the EAD by then.

I am thinking of applying for EAD after coming back. Is there any special processing for applying for a lost EAD ?

Use the same application procedure as though applying for a new EAD, but make sure you check the box where it says "replacement of lost EAD". Also, write a cover letter explaining that you need a replacement EAD. I had to go thru this just a couple of months ago and USCIS reissued the EAD within a month.

sk2010
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I had entered USA on Advance Parole last year and they didn't ask for EAD.

gc28262
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM

EAD is not needed while entering on AP. 485 receipt notice is sufficient documentation while entering on AP.

GCplease
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks everyone who shared their experiences.

Much appreciated.