PDA

View Full Version : applying for AP from out of country

ras
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I have an AP valid till Feb end. However right now am in India and wish to stay back even after the AP expiry. In this scenario is it good to apply for renewal AP from India or is it advisable to return back to US and then apply for AP?

Does any one provide how much time it takes for the renewal if I apply for AP from India. Do I need to give the India address for delivery? I have some one in US who can recieve the AP by mail and can send it by post to India. Is this an advisable?

redcard
02-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I have an AP valid till Feb end. However right now am in India and wish to stay back even after the AP expiry. In this scenario is it good to apply for renewal AP from India or is it advisable to return back to US and then apply for AP?

Does any one provide how much time it takes for the renewal if I apply for AP from India. Do I need to give the India address for delivery? I have some one in US who can recieve the AP by mail and can send it by post to India. Is this an advisable?

I am not sure you can apply for AP from outside US under normal circumstances.. You need to present in the country at the time of the approval of the AP. If you are outside US and still have a valid AP.. i think you might need to enter the country and apply for fresh AP and then travel back.. that's my understanding..

refer to this link

Advance Parole - Travel document after filing adjustment of status (http://www..com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/advance-parole.html)

gc_check
02-03-2010, 08:52 AM
You must be physically present in US, when you apply for Advance Parole. Check with an Attorney
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-131instr.pdf

See Page 2, First Paragaraph.

sunny26
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I have valid AP till march 12th. I applied for renewal and no news yet. Is it ok to leave the country and reenter with new AP once approved.( my husband can post me once approved)

Nagireddi
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM

You should be present physically in USA to apply for advance parole.You have to leave and reenter with the same Advance parole.Somebody can send you the new renewed Advance parole by mail to India.But you can't use it to reenter with that. Basically you have to be present physically to apply and to to receive the the renewed new Advance parole in USA.Hope this helps.

sunny26
02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank you