PDA

View Full Version : AP renewal in Nebraska.Please advise!!

sk2010
01-30-2010, 10:43 AM
We have applied for my husbands AP renewal on Jan 26th at NSC(paper filed). I don't see the checks being cashed yet.
We have planned our trip to India in early march , so is it possible to get the AP in Feb itself? What's the process to expedite the AP renewal? We are going for my brothers wedding , so can't give a emergency reason,but is there any way to get it before we leave?? Whom should we contact for all that?

Also, how long did it take to receive receipt notice after checks get cashed? I am extremely worried about this as we had planned all this and realized at the last minute that his AP was expired in Aug.He was planning on coming on H1 but the extension has got delayed now.Please advise on what could be done in case you have been in the same situation before..

Also, I am planning to take infopass appt for this if possible. How do I go about it? Do I have to have the receipt number to get the appt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

kshitijnt
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
We have applied for my husbands AP renewal on Jan 26th at NSC(paper filed). I don't see the checks being cashed yet.
We have planned our trip to India in early march , so is it possible to get the AP in Feb itself? What's the process to expedite the AP renewal? We are going for my brothers wedding , so can't give a emergency reason,but is there any way to get it before we leave?? Whom should we contact for all that?

Also, how long did it take to receive receipt notice after checks get cashed? I am extremely worried about this as we had planned all this and realized at the last minute that his AP was expired in Aug.He was planning on coming on H1 but the extension has got delayed now.Please advise on what could be done in case you have been in the same situation before..

Also, I am planning to take infopass appt for this if possible. How do I go about it? Do I have to have the receipt number to get the appt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

If your AP does not come through 15 days before your intended departure, then your only option is to expedite H1 extension and get a visa stamp from India. Although in the current climate, it is better to have AP than H1.

innervoice
01-30-2010, 03:46 PM
At last, I received my AP yesterday just after only 7 month, it was approved in Aug 2009, somehow they forgot to send it. :-),

Munshi75
01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
When we applied for AP in Oct 2009 took them more than 50 days before we received AP in our hands. That being said, our first AP renewal process happened within a matter of two weeks .

Just for your information , you can apply for AP renewal three months before the expiry date . I am not too sure about this, but you could approach your local USCIS field office by taking an appointment.

A

sunanda_guru
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I have applied for AP on Dec. 24. it got approved on Jan 29th, approval notice may be expected next week.

Nagireddi
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
When we applied for AP in Oct 2009 took them more than 50 days before we received AP in our hands. That being said, our first AP renewal process happened within a matter of two weeks .

Just for your information , you can apply for AP renewal three months before the expiry date . I am not too sure about this, but you could approach your local USCIS field office by taking an appointment.

A

We can apply 4 months before the expiration date.We have just applied on January 12th.It took almost 10 days to cash the cheques by USCIS

sk2010
02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the replies...

Checks not cashed for 10 days is really bad. I am not sure why some people get in a week or two and why it gets delayed for others.I am hoping they cash our checks today or tomorrow.

Anybody tried expediting at all? How to go about that?

venkygct
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I sent the paper documents to NSC on Dec 21st. I received the AP on Saturday [01/30].

maddipati1
02-01-2010, 01:32 PM
without showing a proof(doc letter) of an emergency like death in family, immediate relative on death bed (not even just ill) etc, u can't expedite. at least, i haven't heard of any one getting one.

vishwak
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm waiting for AP Approval from NSC.

I applied on 30-Dec-09 and got receipt number with date: 07-Jan-2010. My checks got cleared in 3 days after receipt of documents (Paper based) at Center. We are planning to go India for 3 weeks vacation and waiting for approval. Hope I get approval in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks,
Vishwa.

vishwak
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
If the travel is a real emergency, you may be able to
get emergency AP at your local district office. An emergency usually means
serious illness or death in a close family member.

Good to wait for AP approval. I'm doing the same......

Thanks,
Vishwa.

sunny26
02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
I also applied (paper based) on jan26th still no receipt. my check also not yet cashed.

sk2010
02-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Looks like it's taking longer compared to December.

Can you all please reply back to this thread when you have any updates on your AP renewal?
Anybody else applied in Jan 2010?

EB3IFiasco
02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Same here. Employer applied in mid Jan. Still no RN.

scho69
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Same here. Employer applied in mid Jan. Still no RN.

I applied for my AP renewal (eFile) on 1/26, receipt was issued on 1/27 and I received it on 2/1. Also I see soft update (may be because they receive my supporting documents) on 1/29 and then on 2/2.

rajenk
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
I applied for my AP renewal (eFile) on 1/26, receipt was issued on 1/27 and I received it on 2/1. Also I see soft update (may be because they receive my supporting documents) on 1/29 and then on 2/2.

scho69

Did you provide a letter stating the reason for your travel along with the documents you submitted?

Also I noticed when we e-file they are not asking if a AP was issued in the past? Can you help me with a list of documents that you have submitted. I am planning to e-file mine and for my wife in this week.

Thanks,
Raj

scho69
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
scho69

Did you provide a letter stating the reason for your travel along with the documents you submitted?

Also I noticed when we e-file they are not asking if a AP was issued in the past? Can you help me with a list of documents that you have submitted. I am planning to e-file mine and for my wife in this week.

Thanks,
Raj

No I did not provide any such letter. Supporting docs I provided are

1. Copy of the eFile receipt. They specifically say not to send the application
2. Recent passport size pictures
3. Previously approved AP
4. Copy of I-485 receipt
5. Copy of approved I-140
6. Copy of first 2 and last page of Passport
7. Copy of latest I-94
8. Cover letter - contains list of above supporting docs , A# and electronic receipt #.

Madhuri
02-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi,
I need to apply for AP for travel in June, I am working on EAD and last time I visited India in 2008 I came back on AP. That AP is expired and since we were not planning to travel we did not renew it.
Anybody in similar situation and what documents do I need to send?
Thanks,
Madhuri

sunny26
02-04-2010, 08:10 AM
My check was cashed yday. no receipt number yet

godspeed
02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
you have already traveled on AP earlier, otherwise it may be required. take a look at my blog for sample covering letter.
scho69

Thanks,
Raj

godspeed
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Expired AP is not an issue, you are good to reapply, take a look at my blog for covering letter and required docs etc.
Hi,
I need to apply for AP for travel in June, I am working on EAD and last time I visited India in 2008 I came back on AP. That AP is expired and since we were not planning to travel we did not renew it.
Anybody in similar situation and what documents do I need to send?
Thanks,
Madhuri

sk2010
02-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I just checked and my checks were cashed yesterday too .. thanks for letting me know. Please keep updating. Now waiting for receipt number .. hopefully should get it by early next week?

Another question - for expired AP renewal , what will be the date of issue on the new AP?

accesspartha
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
My wife applied for AP in Nebraska service center on Jan16th through web application and sent the documents on 19th Jan. We filed for aan emergency as her father was in the hospital. we created a service request after getting the receipt on Jan25th. The AP got approved on Jan 28th and we got the document on hand on Feb1st. we never thought that USCIS will act this quickly and Oh boy! hats off to the them and to the service representative who took the request and expedited it.

sunny26
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
did u send any document to speed the processes

a_yaja
02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I just checked and my checks were cashed yesterday too .. thanks for letting me know. Please keep updating. Now waiting for receipt number .. hopefully should get it by early next week?

Another question - for expired AP renewal , what will be the date of issue on the new AP?

The effective date will be the date the AP is approved. I "renewed" my AP after 4 - 5 months of the original expiration date. The new AP is effective for one year from the date of approval. I had e-filed the application for my spouse and myself and sent the following documents:
- copy of the eFiled receipt (not the application)
- copy of I-485 receipt
- 2 photos each for my spouse and myself
- covering letter with reason for the need for AP

So no need to worry if your concern is retroactive effective date - you don't lose any time.

gotgc?
02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
My wife applied for AP in Nebraska service center on Jan16th through web application and sent the documents on 19th Jan. We filed for aan emergency as her father was in the hospital. we created a service request after getting the receipt on Jan25th. The AP got approved on Jan 28th and we got the document on hand on Feb1st. we never thought that USCIS will act this quickly and Oh boy! hats off to the them and to the service representative who took the request and expedited it.

Hi,

Thats good to know...calling USCIS and creating SR is sufficient? Did they ask for any supporting documents? Did you send anything..could you please provide morre details on the expedite process?

accesspartha
02-05-2010, 10:15 AM
No, we did not send any additonal documents. But, while sending the documents, send the photgraphs along with it. eventhough, the web application mentions not to send the photgraphs.

sk2010
02-06-2010, 09:34 AM
No, we did not send any additonal documents. But, while sending the documents, send the photgraphs along with it. eventhough, the web application mentions not to send the photgraphs.

accesspartha,
That's good to know that you got your AP. Did you send any proof for your expedition when you submitted the documents the first time??
I have also sent you a private message.Can you please reply back? Thanks a lot.

accesspartha
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
No.

We have not sent any additional documents for the first time. I did put 'Expedite' on the envelope of the supporting documents.

After getting the receipt, my wife called the USCIS and created a SR explaining the reason. We got the AP within a week.

sunny26
02-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I also did the same thing because my mom was sick. I called USCIS to open SR but they need receipt number which i didnt receive yet and waiting. Is there any way we can get the receipt number

vhd999
02-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Most of the banks post copy of the checks that were cashed out.
If you can access the copy of the check that you wrote to USCIS, you can find the receipt number on the back side of the check.

I also did the same thing because my mom was sick. I called USCIS to open SR but they need receipt number which i didnt receive yet and waiting. Is there any way we can get the receipt number

sunny26
02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I have the copy of check but no LIN number on that.

sk2010
02-07-2010, 05:40 PM
No.

We have not sent any additional documents for the first time. I did put 'Expedite' on the envelope of the supporting documents.

After getting the receipt, my wife called the USCIS and created a SR explaining the reason. We got the AP within a week.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

sk2010
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Anybody who applied for AP renewal Jan last week get their receipt by mail? I applied Jan 26th and still waiting.
Any idea how many days it takes to get the receipt once the checks are cashed?

sunny26
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
one person who applied on jan22nd got his receipt saturday. got this info from .com

sunny26
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I gt receipt today

sk2010
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok cool ! I will check my mails too after going home tonight.Hopefully I should have got it too.

So did you get it expedited today? Did they ask for proof for your reasons?? Also , on what number did you reach them? Please keep me updated.

sunny26
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
yes i did. I send my mom dr letter while sendign the document itself

sunny26
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi AccessPartha
Can u plz give me the number u called. I called and used #1 at the end to talk to the cust.serv representative. He told will take 5bussiness days. is that the same option u called

vhd999
02-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread.

We have applied for AP/paper based on January 28th(received) at NSC. We have not received a notice letter, neither the check is cashed.

It used to take maximum 5 days before the checks get cashed. This time its been 15days and no receipt latter yet. We have planned to visit India soon.

Wondering if need to reapply or wait for few more days.

sunny26
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi i applied on jan25 and my application reached jan26th got receipt this monday only. check cashed on 5th feb

sunny26
02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I applied for my AP on Jan25th. due to medical condition I try to exp the process. The customer Service told me to wait for Biometric notice after that only i can do the exp process. Y i need biometric now.

can any one please help

langagadu
02-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I applied online and sent the documents on Jan 15th. Recived the Reciept Notice 4 or 5 days later. Recieved the approval notice in mail on Feb-5th (15 business days).

gotgc?
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I have Ppaer filed for my wife's AP

Mailed in date: 02/02/2010
Received Date: 02/03/2010
Check Cashed Date: 02/11/2010.

Usually we can see the receipt no on the back of the check image...but this time i could not find any...I am waiting for the receipt. Planning to expedite it because we will be travelling to India on April 2nd. Hope it comes by then..

Will keep you guys updated..

capriol
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Dear Folks,
I am planning for the first time a travel from Detroit to Frankfurt to Kolkata via Lufthansa. I will be travelling with an AP and valid H1B papers. If any of you with an AP and valid H1B papers have traveled via Frankfurt to India (in lufthansa), please let me know:
(1) If you had to get a transit visa at Frankfurt (like British airways requires at London) for taking a connecting flight to India?
(2) Is immigration check with AP while coming in to the U.S severe at Frankfurt?
(2) Is immigration check with AP while coming in to the U.S severe at Detroit?
(4) What sort of standard questions do they ask AP holders at Frankfurt and Detroit?
Many thanks for your answers.

sunny26
02-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi
I recently came back from india last month only with AP no H1 or H4.

1 U dont need transit visa for connecting flight.

2. Yes they checked the AP (both ways )
They just asked if purpose of the travel thats all in frankfrut.

3. In dtw they didnt ask me any question. The office was very nice. Just took me to the secondary inspection area. Within 10mins another office stamped the post and asked how long i stayed in india thats all. he then explain that my AP is going to expire so if i need to go out i need to get a new one. They are very nice.

capriol
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks a lot
Hi
I recently came back from india last month only with AP no H1 or H4.

1 U dont need transit visa for connecting flight.

2. Yes they checked the AP (both ways )
They just asked if purpose of the travel thats all in frankfrut.

3. In dtw they didnt ask me any question. The office was very nice. Just took me to the secondary inspection area. Within 10mins another office stamped the post and asked how long i stayed in india thats all. he then explain that my AP is going to expire so if i need to go out i need to get a new one. They are very nice.

gotgc?
02-16-2010, 11:42 PM
I have Ppaer filed for my wife's AP

Mailed in date: 02/02/2010
Received Date: 02/03/2010
Check Cashed Date: 02/11/2010.

Usually we can see the receipt no on the back of the check image...but this time i could not find any...I am waiting for the receipt. Planning to expedite it because we will be travelling to India on April 2nd. Hope it comes by then..

Will keep you guys updated..

I got the receipt today 02/16/2010.

Hi Sunny26/sk2010: Any updates on your case? Were you able to expedite it? How long does it take to get the approval these days since the receipt?

sunny26
02-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I try to expidate still didnt get AP. When I called the Customer service they told I need to wait for my Biometric then only I can Exp the process. Yday went to local office they r ready to give AP for 30days. But i need to pay the fees again. my old AP itself good till March11th so if they give till March15th its waste only So didnt get. But I saw LUD on friday and yday on my case

vhd999
02-17-2010, 12:19 PM
We sent out AP application to Nebraska on 01/28/2010.
Weirdly, we received a receipt letter from VSC on 02/10/2010. Checks are not cashed yet.

Called the customer service person and the person who answered the call is also surprised. She told me that she will call me back after she finds the reason for transfer to VSC.

Now we have a travel date coming up soon.

Waiting and more waiting. Man, this story never ends.

sk2010
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
vhd999,
I think they can transfer the case to a different center. My husband's and mine both were sent to Nebraska but we get all notices etc from Texas center. I did not have any problems with my AP renewal inspite of being transferred to TSC (got it in 5-6 weeks), so I am guessing a different service center should be fine.

sk2010
02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I got the receipt today 02/16/2010.

Hi Sunny26/sk2010: Any updates on your case? Were you able to expedite it? How long does it take to get the approval these days since the receipt?

No updates yet.My husband had called up customer service last week to expedite his case, but don't think anything has happened ever since.We got a notice yesterday telling that our expedite request was under review and they will let us know in 30 days if they will expedite or not...duh!

sunny26
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Sk
did u get any LUD. I too called for Exp processes. But didnt receive any notice as u got.

sunny26
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I got approved i think. I got the following mesg

On February 17, 2010 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

gotgc?
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
No updates yet.My husband had called up customer service last week to expedite his case, but don't think anything has happened ever since.We got a notice yesterday telling that our expedite request was under review and they will let us know in 30 days if they will expedite or not...duh!

same with me..I called today and placed a SR expediting it...i got an email stating as below...am not sure whether do I have to get the letter ready from my wife's family doctor....in case they ask for any supporting documentation..

"Type of service requested:-- Expedite

The status of this service request is: Your case will be under review soon. We understand that you have requested expeditious processing of your application/petition. You should receive a decision or notice of further action on your application/petition as soon as possible from the date of this letter

sk2010
02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes it's the same notice that I got but mine says 'currently under review'. We were told that they will contact us in case they need supporting documents and not to send anything for now. Also , I read in some other forum , that if we expedite again before they respond or send docs without getting a request it can actually slow the process.. I think they will consider it a new expedite request , so it will take more time for them to respond.

Sunny26,
That's great you got approved! I dont see any LUD updates. Just waiting.... :(
You said they offered to give you 30 day AP at the local office. Please let me know what the requirements are for that? Do we have to take any documents to apply for that?

sunny26
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi Sk
Yes I took my mom physican letter with me and my ticket. U need to pay again 305. because both AP will be processed

scho69
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM

My AP is approved. Few minutes back I received email from USCIS. USCIS Nebraska took less than 25 days to approve it.

sunanda_guru
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I got the AP approval notice after 2 weeks being shown as my case was approved on USCIS web site, and also it looks like our cheques are cleared electronically so there are no receipt no's on the cheque back side images.

sk2010
02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
We are confused about our case.

We applied to Nebraska but our case ended up in Texas. Not sure why.Our previous AP was from Nebraska itself.

We called and created a SR on 02/09 to expedite our case. Nothing happened , so called again after a week.We were told that our case has been assigned to an officer and will get a response within 30 days.

We had already taken infopass appt for 02/19. The officer didn't offer us any emergency AP. He said our request to expedite will mostly be declined as it's not medical emergency.All he could do was try to check why we hadn't heard back if our case is expedited or not within 5 bussiness days.

I saw soft LUD update 02/19 and 02/22. But no change in status or emails.

Took infopass again for today to ask whats happening since it's 2 weeks after we requested to expedite and not sure if it's accepted or denied.The officer told my husband that the case has been expedited(he said it's a rarity) and approved 02/19 itself. He told us to wait for the document.

Our problem is , we just have a week for our trip and we are not sure if they mailed the document or not. Our online status still says ' Initial review'. Not sure what the LUD on 02/22 was for ? Do we get another LUD when document in mailed?

Is there anyway to know if it's mailed already or ask them to deliver overnight? Infopass is not much use unless it's a genuine medical emergency I guess. My husband told me that both officers were friendly and polite but only thing they do is check our case status.

Anybody had this experience at TSC?

sunny26
02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
call customer service and check

ski_dude12
02-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I applied for my AP at TSC. They received the application on 02 Feb and on 02/22 I got an email about the approval.

sk2010
02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Whats the status you see after getting the approval email?

We got the approval email today and see the 'post decision activity' status. I am hoping we get the document in mail soon.We have booked tickets for next week.

Also, I seriously don't think our case got expedited. Not sure why the infopass officer told us that. Even under regular processing, we should have got approval this week.

All of you who got approved recently , can you please update this thread when you receive the AP document? Thanks!

kkr123
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
AP applied at NSC on dec-18, uscis received date Dec-23
Approved on Feb-4 and got received by mail on Feb-16

Thanks,