PDA

View Full Version : Freelancer applying for B1

tauren
01-28-2010, 08:54 AM
I wish to attend a conference in the US [ related to the industry I work in, will stay only for a week ] and applied for a B1

I'm 25 [and single ] and my freelance clients are in US and another country . I have my conference pass ,invitation ,brochure , Flight Ticket[2 way],Hotel reservation,Bank statements,Tax papers,Fixed deposits,Property Docs[parents' ], contract certificates from clients, recent invoices etc

I have no intentions of doing any work on my visit to US , but would it be problem that I have a US client whom I work for from India ?

Thank you very much in advance !:)

tauren
01-29-2010, 02:27 AM
my interview is only a day away guys, please help ! anyone:(

ArkBird
01-29-2010, 02:58 AM
You need to show significant ties to the home country. If they are convinced, you are in!

Good Luck!

tauren
01-30-2010, 10:29 AM
ArkBird : Thanks ! :)

rayoflight
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Are you attending the conference on the invitation of your client?

Can you explain "contract certificates from clients, recent invoices etc"

VO is more interested in your current occupation, your ties to the country, how genuine you are to return back to your home country.

You need to give more information to get a proper response.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rayoflight

P.S Be cool, confident, truthful and positive when you are attending the interview.

tauren
01-31-2010, 02:53 AM
rayoflight: thanks for the tips ! :)

Are you attending the conference on the invitation of your client?
no, its a general conference where anyone from my industry can register and attend. i wont be meeting my clients or do any work

Can you explain "contract certificates from clients, recent invoices etc"
I requested my clients to provide a certificate stating that I've been working with them since "so and so" , that i'm currently engaged in projects with them and that i will return to my country to continue work after attending the conference .kinda like a proof of contract + leave letter
i'm taking recent invoices[which has details of my work and how much i get paid per project ] as a proof that i'm getting regular work from my clients

tauren
02-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Rejected under 214b

questions asked :
why do you want to go to US ? [to attend xx conference ]
who is sponsoring your trip ? [I am ]
have you visited any other countries in the past ? [no]
are you married ? [no]

thats it, rejected:rolleyes: gonna give it another shot and see if they give a chance to explain what I do