PDA

View Full Version : Buy more time from USCIS !!!

mnq1979
06-30-2009, 06:15 PM
I have a question, on 25 june i got a RFE, i have not received it yet neither did my lawyer. The case status shows that both me and my wife got the RFE. I think its most probaly to produce the Birth Certificate.

My wife BC is in the process and i think i will be able to get it by the end of the week.

My question is that if i am unable to get the BC of my wife in time, is it possible to buy some more days from USCIS. Like CAN USCIS provide SOME ADDITIONAL TIME SO THAT I CAN GET THE BC OF MY WIFE AND THEN SUBMIT. I DONT KNOW WHATS THE DEADLINE IS BUT I BELIVE ITS A VERY CLOSE CALL !!!! AND I MIGHT NEED SOME MORE TIME TO PRODUCE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

GCard_Dream
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Both my wife and I also received a RFE on June 29th but don't know the content of the RFE because haven't received the CIS letter yet. I did submit the BC, however, so I hope that the RFE is not for BC. I don't know what else it could be.. I have been scratching my head since I got the email yesterday. Also called CIS but they wouldn't tell me what the RFE is about.

gc_kaavaali
07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I think your parents can provide affidavit with your date of birth (incase you cannot get Birth Certificate). And also you need to get another document from municipal saying 'No record found' something. I am not sure. Try to search in this forum. Members discussed sever times on this topic.

I have a question, on 25 june i got a RFE, i have not received it yet neither did my lawyer. The case status shows that both me and my wife got the RFE. I think its most probaly to produce the Birth Certificate.

My wife BC is in the process and i think i will be able to get it by the end of the week.

My question is that if i am unable to get the BC of my wife in time, is it possible to buy some more days from USCIS. Like CAN USCIS provide SOME ADDITIONAL TIME SO THAT I CAN GET THE BC OF MY WIFE AND THEN SUBMIT. I DONT KNOW WHATS THE DEADLINE IS BUT I BELIVE ITS A VERY CLOSE CALL !!!! AND I MIGHT NEED SOME MORE TIME TO PRODUCE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!